TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in Baseball 5/5 - 5/11

Guest College Party
I DO BELIEVE IT HAS BEEN ALMOST A YEAR SINCE THE PREVIOUS WHITE SOX NO-HITTER. HOWEVER, SINCE A RUN HAS BEEN SCORED FOR THE TWINS, IT IS NOT THE SAME QUALITY OF NO-HITTER BEING THROWN BY GAVIN FLOYD RIGHT NOW AS THE 27-BATTER NO-HITTER THROWN BY MARK HORSEFACE LAST YEAR. STILL, THERE ARE NO HITS FOR MINNESOTA IN THIS GAME. THE TWINS ARE A GOOD TEAM WHO WILL NOT BE NO-HIT EASILY. NO-HITTER

Guest College Party

Nobody involved deserves this. Maybe Gavin Floyd, but nobody else. I guess sticking a bat up a blow-up doll's ass really worked after all!

Nobody involved deserves this. Maybe Gavin Floyd, but nobody else. I guess sticking a bat up a blow-up doll's ass really worked after all!

Floyd definitely. He spent some time in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. Pitchers sit in the stands charting pitches during games when they don't pitch, usually the next night's pitcher has the book. Often fans will recognize the players and talk to them or ask for autographs. Floyd was always accommodating, very polite. I always found it a bit unfair that Floyd struggles and Cole Hamels, who is a real jerk, thrived.

As an aside, Floyd's only career shutout was the Aaron Rowand broken nose game. That was called after five innings.

ESPN has the tv feed.

Guest College Party

Do your magic, Booyah Jinx.

I LOVE YOU JOE MAUER YOU HANDSOME MAN

Fuck you, Sox

Guest College Party
Oh well. Kudos to ESPN for sparing us and giving the Twins' feed.

No kidding. But yeah. The Horseshit Owner didn't deserve this success on the day he fired the Bulls' beloved announcers, the manager and players didn't deserve it with their dumbshit antics as of late, and their asshole fans don't deserve it either. You should read the things they say about Ron Santo.

The Sox' owner and announce team are horseshit. The players are fine and I think Ozzie Guillen is a capable manager. He's abrasive, but that's ok by me. I don't expect managers to be PR men, and some of the best were not exactly the type you'd invite to a dinner party.

Guest College Party

No, the players aren't fine, and Ozzie Guillen is an embarrassment in addition to being only an adequate manager at best. A contentious and unprofessional attitude permeates each and every level of this organization, and I don't want to see them succeed.

My knowledge of this bid for a no-hitter went something like this:

10:31 p.m.: receive text message from friend asking me if I'm watching the Floyd no-hitter

10:32 p.m.: receive text message from same friend saying "never mind"

It was an intense 30 seconds, though.

Jesus Czech, sounds like you hate the White Sox more than you love the Cubs. They don't even play in the same league, why are you so emotionally invested in them?

Hopefully this outing by Go-Go-Gavin Floyd can spark this team to get back on track. The hitting has been abysmal, but the pitching has been very solid. We had a 1.97 ERA over the Toronto series and still managed to get swept. Unbelievable.

Guest College Party

I like the Trumpet Guy in Oakland.

Jesus Czech, sounds like you hate the White Sox more than you love the Cubs. They don't even play in the same league, why are you so emotionally invested in them?

No, I care more about the Cubs. It's the Sox fans who define themselves by how much they hate the other team. I didn't care what the Sox did until 2005, when the team and its fanbase became absolutely insufferable.

Hopefully this outing by Go-Go-Gavin Floyd can spark this team to get back on track.

I think dyeing their beards and sodomizing sex dolls will bring the fire and the passion back. SWISHER 2THEMAXXXXXX

No, I care more about the Cubs. It's the Sox fans who define themselves by how much they hate the other team. I didn't care what the Sox did until 2005, when the team and its fanbase became absolutely insufferable.

Hopefully this outing by Go-Go-Gavin Floyd can spark this team to get back on track.

I think dyeing their beards and sodomizing sex dolls will bring the fire and the passion back. SWISHER 2THEMAXXXXXX

Moises Alou shows remarkable hustle for a forty-one year old recovering from a hernia as he advances from first to third on a unremarkable single to center field before scoring on a double steal (catcher threw to second to try and get Pagan, Alou scored before the ball could get back to the plate). Terrifying to watch at the time, but terrific nonetheless.

I could give a shit about the Cubs except for 6 games a year, but I suppose it's different not actually living in the Chicago land area.

you know.. its hard being a Houston sports fan some times with all the fuck ups we've had or been a part of.

The Mets just gave up an inside the park HR to RF, Church jumped for it, hit the wall, fell down, stayed for a couple of seconds, then got up and threw it before Pagan was anywhere to be found covering him. Horrible. The Mets have given up a 4-1 lead and should have blown this one open early. Wright then follows that up by throwing a routine grounder into the stands for his 7th error of the season. Same old, same old.

Oh yeah. They're a stumbling, bumbling calamity tonight.

And for the record, Rick Petersen should have been gone after the bullpen collapse last September. Somebody needed to be held accountable for that, and it should have been the guy that...you know...was in charge of all the pitchers that gave up all those games. Of course, the Mets held onto him and surprise, surprise...the pitching has been just as piss-poor this season as it was last year, excluding Santana, Maine, and Wagner.

Guest College Party

If the Mets were to replace Rick Peterson in the middle of the season, with whom would they replace him? Is his anti-strike policy standard throughout the organization? Who's available outside the Mets? I'm not asking this as a challenge, I'm just conjecturing that if someone were to be launched midseason, it would be Peterson over Randolph, given the pitching woes in a year where the Santana/Martinez/Maine trio was predicted to dominate wire to wire.

If the Mets were to replace Rick Peterson in the middle of the season, with whom would they replace him? Is his anti-strike policy standard throughout the organization? Who's available outside the Mets? I'm not asking this as a challenge, I'm just conjecturing that if someone were to be launched midseason, it would be Peterson over Randolph, given the pitching woes in a year where the Santana/Martinez/Maine trio was predicted to dominate wire to wire.

Bring Darling out of the booth

Maybe this is retarded, but what about Sandy Alomar Jr.? Catchers know a ton about pitching, and I think he's our catching instructor or something.

Guest Smues

Rick Ankiel had a homerun and two outfield assists tonight. I am really happy to see his transition from pitcher to outfielder has worked out for him.

you know.. its hard being a Houston sports fan some times with all the fuck ups we've had or been a part of.

It's not just being in fuck ups. It's the fact that those fuck ups are so epic they get played ad nauseum by the various ESPN networks for seemingly decades afterwards. The Buffalo Collapse and Kerry Wood's aforementioned 20 Ks leap to mind.