TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atticus Chaos

US networks announce Fall schedule

SHARK I totally lost track of when it went to Sundays. Cane was a disaster and SHARK should have been in that 10pm slot with The Unit and NCIS. Now THE UNIT may be dead because of this stupid ass strike. Man the seasons have been nothing short of crap once everyone returned and THE UNIT never saw the light of day again.

Total bull all around.

UPDATE: THANK GOD! The Unit will be back. So at least two thirds of the Tuesday line-up I love returns. Plus with Bones and House surviving this blasted Bay of Pigs style writer strike, at least most of the shows I like are back. Damn shame about SHARK, I really enjoyed the first season.

How I Met Your Mother is on the bubble? WTF?

I hope the writers are happy with their internet downloads, given how many are out of work.

What are you talking about? The writers wanted more money, which they deserved.

And how many writers lost jobs? Really, I'd like to see the numbers.

Not anymore, CBS renewed it today with Unit, New/Old/Whatever Christine and Rules of Engagement. SHARK and Moonlight however, died.

Guest Smues

Well, all the ones for shows that probably wouldn't have gotten cancelled if not for the strike fucking things up.

Canceled

NBC: 1 vs. 100, Amne$ia, Bionic Woman, Clash of the Choirs, Journeyman, Las Vegas, My Dad is Better Than Your Dad, Phenomenon, Quarterlife, The Singing Bee, Scrubs (moving to ABC)

ABC: Men in Trees, Big Shots, Carpoolers, Cavemen, October Road, Women's Murder Club, TBD

CBS: Jericho, Viva Laughlin, Welcome to the Captain, Secret Talents of the Stars, TBD

The CW: Aliens in America, CW Now, Life is Wild, Online Nation, TBD

Fox: Back to You, New Amsterdam, Nashville, Canterbury's Law, K-Ville, The Return of Jezebel James, TBD

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Not anymore, CBS renewed it today with Unit, New/Old/Whatever Christine and Rules of Engagement. SHARK and Moonlight however, died.

Damn it.

I hope the writers are happy with their internet downloads, given how many are out of work.

How I Met was on the bubble, yes. Depsite being a buzzworthy show, the ratings weren't that great but it does face Dancing With the Stars

The writers deserved their money, of course. But I think many lost more money from a stupid 100-day strike, then they will get from internet downloads.

How many writers lost their jobs? I don't know, but a lot of shows this season got cancelled as a result of the strike. A lot of pilots never got off the ground because of the strike, which leads to less new series, which leads to less writers having jobs. A lot of shows had their seasons drastically shortened because of the strike.

Shark is a prime example.

Canceled

NBC: 1 vs. 100, Amne$ia, Bionic Woman, Clash of the Choirs, Journeyman, Las Vegas, My Dad is Better Than Your Dad, Phenomenon, Quarterlife, The Singing Bee, Scrubs (moving to ABC)

ABC: Men in Trees, Big Shots, Carpoolers, Cavemen, October Road, Women's Murder Club, TBD

CBS: Jericho, Viva Laughlin, Welcome to the Captain, Secret Talents of the Stars, TBD

Fox: Back to You, New Amsterdam, Nashville, Canterbury's Law, K-Ville, The Return of Jezebel James, TBD

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I like that it two posts for Cowboy to express his displeasure.

Journeyman and Big Shots would've been casualties strike or no strike. Carpoolers was a casuality as a result of the strike.

Back to You was cancelled because Fox is stupid, and the sitcom is dead. I really think CBS should give Back to You a look, it fits with that network.

Canceled

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I like that it two posts for Cowboy to express his displeasure.

Journeyman and Big Shots would've been casualties strike or no strike. Carpoolers was a casuality as a result of the strike.

Back to You was cancelled because Fox is stupid, and the sitcom is dead. I really think CBS should give Back to You a look, it fits with that network.

Thank you. I was working through the thread backwards.

How I Met was on the bubble, yes. Depsite being a buzzworthy show, the ratings weren't that great but it does face Dancing With the Stars

The writers deserved their money, of course. But I think many lost more money from a stupid 100-day strike, then they will get from internet downloads.

How many writers lost their jobs? I don't know, but a lot of shows this season got cancelled as a result of the strike. A lot of pilots never got off the ground because of the strike, which leads to less new series, which leads to less writers having jobs. A lot of shows had their seasons drastically shortened because of the strike.

Shark is a prime example.

Shows always get canceled. I don't know if there was more this year than last because I'm too lazy to look it up.

But in the long wrong, it will benefit the writers.

Of course shows always get cancelled, but many shows were cancelled as a result of the strike.

I don't know if all the money that was lost in a 100-day strike will be a benefit in the long run. Many writers lost way more in the strike, then they ever will by someone watching an episode of their show on the internet

Although I think DrVenkman and I are the only two fans of this series left on earth, let alone on this board, I find it amusing that despite spending most of it's run booked in the FOX Sports Overrun death slot, King of the Hill managed to get canceled, revived as a mid-season replacement, picked up for a full season, placed in the coveted post-Simpsons time slot, and then get picked up for yet another full season. I think King of the Hill might win the award for the longest running show in Primetime that no one watches, or at least no one discusses.

Mid-Season Shows are

Goode Family (animated Mike Judge project)

So what's the deal with this one? I'm always on board for a Mike Judge product, but I hadn't even heard about this.

Per IMDB:

"An animated TV program that revolves around a family obsessed with doing the "right" thing environmentally, politically and socially. "

Sounds like a jab at PCness. I will give it a fair shot.

Lets see..

Returning shows I'll watch:

Pushing Daisies (Ive still got the last 4 eps on my DVR that I've never gotten around to watching yet..uhoh)

Fox Sunday Animation (I'll give the Cleveland show a shot but ugh..)

My Name is Earl (Might be last season???)

24 (January cannot get here fast enough)

wow..thats what..6 shows?

New Shows

NBC

Crusoe - friday 8pm (equal parts 'MacGyver,' 'Cast Away' and 'Pirates of the Caribbean.")

also, "Saturday Night Thursday Live" SNL Spinoff..WHAT?

CBS

11th Hour - likely 10pm thursday (Jerry Bruckheimer show similar to X Files)

FOX

Sit Down Shut Up - ?

Fringe - JJ Abrams trys a shot at the X Files, probably better than the afforementioned 11th Hour

ABC

Zippo

CW

Nada (I hope the Ratings for Everybody Hates Chris/The Game/Top Model rerun do better than Smackdown did for CW :bonk: )

So I see Molly Shannon's new sitcom was picked up by NBC (Kath and Kim). It will co-star Selma Blair. No way that show lasts a full season. I like Selma but Molly is just not suited for episodic TV. She's tolerable in sketches in short bursts but no way in a show centered around her.

Although I think DrVenkman and I are the only two fans of this series left on earth, let alone on this board, I find it amusing that despite spending most of it's run booked in the FOX Sports Overrun death slot, King of the Hill managed to get canceled, revived as a mid-season replacement, picked up for a full season, placed in the coveted post-Simpsons time slot, and then get picked up for yet another full season. I think King of the Hill might win the award for the longest running show in Primetime that no one watches, or at least no one discusses.

Will you be pressing charges Mr. Hill?

Hell yeah!

Remember when the show got moved to Tuesday's (I think with The PJs, Futurama, and Family Guy)? What a disaster that was. I love how it just keeps going when even the DVD releases are shoddy (double sided discs with no features at all). I thought the first few seasons featuring in character commentary were good releases but I'm not a big fan of the episodes from back then (Season 2 has some good ones though, like Jumping Jack Bass).

It moved to Tuesdays in Season 3 or something, totally tanked, yet is still on the air. CBS' schedule is pretty good, I applaud them for trying to keep the sitcom alive, and giving a new show the post-CSI slot was a smart move. Let's hope they don't fuck it up like they did Shark.

Putting Without a Trace in the Tuesday at 10 slot is very smart, given how that's been a curse for them since they cancelled Judging Amy.

That was already posted, mole. CBS' new dramas sound pretty shitty, I still don't see why they couldn't just move Shark back behind CSI. CBS

No, it wasn't, especially given we have a seperate thread for How I Met discussions.

I looked at CBS' rejected pilots, and they all sounded pretty crappy. Viva la strike! I like that they're introducing more comedies, but I don't think Christine is strong enough to anchor Wednesday. I would've moved How I Met there, developed another young skewing comedy to pair with Big Bang, and sandwiched Christine and a new comedy in between How I Met and Rules of Engagement

Shark was cancelled. It never recovered from the strike, which is looking more and more stupid for the writers by the day.

Fucking hell. You know the likelihood of it getting picked up by another network, Bob?

No, it wasn't, especially given we have a seperate thread for How I Met discussions.

I was joking you idiot. Can you please shut up and stop acting like you know everything about TV.

You're the one who made the needless post, and I hate to break it to you, but I know way too much about TV.

I asked Marc Berman of the Programming Insider about Shark, and he said another network will not be picking it up, which just really sucks. Granted, I don't feel awful like when Joan of Arcadia was cancelled, but Shark was entertaining stuff. The first season finale pretty much owned TV

I watched the previews CBS put up for its new shows- both sitcoms look terrible, and Worst Week is single camera. The new procedurial with Simon Baker looks like every other CBS drama, so I'll probably like it

I know, mole! You would think a three camera sitcom with Jay Mohr and Paula Marshall would rock the world, but it just doesn't look that way