TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

3 Doors Down and Staind: THE THREAD

Guest Desensitized

The band's entire body of work is okay but nothing special, so I don't know what else you expected.

Also, I hate modern releases with "bonus tracks." Usually, they're not bonus tracks. They're tracks.

They totally made American Pie 2, though. Their hit single "Be Like That" working in concert with Jason Biggs fucking a pie and Eugene Levy arching his gigantic eyebrows in horror made for a potent brew. One of my most unforgettable moments at the theater in 2001, without a doubt.

Guest Desensitized

Jason Biggs fucked a pie in the sequel, too? (2?) I saw that movie and I still have to be reminded. It was the summer of 2003, and after we took the DVD out of the machine, the TV was on a public access station where Curt Hennig was a guest, from beyond the grave.

Four comments about this discussion that have absolutely nothing to do with Three Doors Down or Staind.

1) That is a good camera. Doesn't matter. Clearance, shmearance. It boggles my mind that Three Doors Down could be more expensive than a camera, even though you made a valid case, Marvin.

2) I don't remember Jason Biggs fucking a pie in the second. I forgot all about him supergl....his hand to his dick, so take my pie amnesia with a grain of salt.

2a) Someone finish spelling the word in the middle of point two. Neither gluing nor glueing looks right, even with the addition of 'super'.

3) Be Like That? That, too, doesn't ring a bell. Tonic's 'You Wanted More' was the perfect 'Band going nowhere, but here's a song for a teen flick' addition.

4) I think the phrase 'breakfast cereal(s)' is redundant.

2) I don't remember Jason Biggs fucking a pie in the second.

He does in the Director's Cut Special Edition Extra Slice version of American Pie 2. Twice the eyebrows, twice the 3 Doors Down, and twice the pie fucking, now for only $6.99 at Wal-Mart.

As for #3:

Four comments about this discussion that have absolutely nothing to do with Three Doors Down or Staind.

1) That is a good camera. Doesn't matter. Clearance, shmearance. It boggles my mind that Three Doors Down could be more expensive than a camera, even though you made a valid case, Marvin.

2) I don't remember Jason Biggs fucking a pie in the second. I forgot all about him supergl....his hand to his dick, so take my pie amnesia with a grain of salt.

2a) Someone finish spelling the word in the middle of point two. Neither gluing nor glueing looks right, even with the addition of 'super'.

3) Be Like That? That, too, doesn't ring a bell. Tonic's 'You Wanted More' was the perfect 'Band going nowhere, but here's a song for a teen flick' addition.

4) I think the phrase 'breakfast cereal(s)' is redundant.

Good song. Bought the album after hearing it on the radio several times. I thought Tonic would've amounted to more than they did though.

I honestly don't see the appeal in any of the bands that have been listed. My sister loves pretty much all of them, too.

They're all just too safe for me. It's like, "Hm. I wanna listen to something that shows I like to rock, but only when it's in an acceptable environment." Just too corny, too generic, too similar.

By the by, does anyone remember Default? GOD, what a fitting fucking name. It was pussified Creed, so that oughta tell ya something.

Default sounded very little like Creed. They were more like Nickelback, which makes sense since they were/are Canadian and some of their songs were written and/or produced by Chad Kroeger.

I swear, Canadians get shit on with crappy music, like Default and Theory of a Deadman, and bands that sound like that.

Between 94-97 the biggest bands in "rock" music was STP, Smashing Pumpkins, Green Day, The Offspring and Bush X. The rest were the one, two hit wonders tops.

Then it was nu-metal and pop punk that broke out into the year 2000.

Default sounded very little like Creed. They were more like Nickelback, which makes sense since they were/are Canadian and some of their songs were written and/or produced by Chad Kroeger.

So a pussier version of Nickelback, then. Either way.

I swear, Canadians get shit on with crappy music, like Default and Theory of a Deadman, and bands that sound like that.

Between 94-97 the biggest bands in "rock" music was STP, Smashing Pumpkins, Green Day, The Offspring and Bush X. The rest were the one, two hit wonders tops.

Then it was nu-metal and pop punk that broke out into the year 2000.

Who the hell is Bush X?

Do you mean Bush? With the guy that's fuckin' Gwen Stefani?

1999-2002 were the worst years in music for me. I just listened to absolute crap until I heard Iggy Pop and David Bowie for the first time.

From Sixteen Stone until some time in the summer of 97 or 98, the band fronted by Gavin Rossdale was known as Bush X in Canada. There was already a Canadian band named Bush. I don't think they ever did anything, though.

If you're going to question Baron musically, our mutual friend Jay told me that RB once had a Hanson CD. Run with that.

From Sixteen Stone until some time in the summer of 97 or 98, the band fronted by Gavin Rossdale was known as Bush X in Canada. There was already a Canadian band named Bush. I don't think they ever did anything, though.

If you're going to question Baron musically, our mutual friend Jay told me that RB once had a Hanson CD. Run with that.

Kinda wish I still had that, it was a solid pop album. I mean Mmmbop is barely tolerable now, but they had other catchy songs.

Canadian rock was solid at the time too. Our Lady Peace, I Mother Earth, The Tea Party, Sloan, The Tragically Hip, Moist. Solid times for a Canadian music fan.

Bryan Adams didn't make any comeback that I remember. He put out an album in '98 and it flopped like a shit pancake.

Bryan Adams didn't make any comeback that I remember. He put out an album in '98 and it flopped like a shit pancake.

Except in Canada...

My brother was teasing me about Nickelback in the summer of '05. I made the case to be loyal to Canadian rock, and he said there was enough decent Canadian artists/bands to be allowed to hate them. (I've since labelled them as having Oasis syndrome).

Having said that (and he's right), Baron laid out a good case; Maybe '05 was a little late for my brother to be making that revelation.

My brother also claims to have called Social Services on a co-worker who took his 11-year-old daughter to see Nickelback for her birthday.

Lol, he was horrified. He sincerely thought it'd be like the routine in Delirious.

"They get drunk and vote for the wrong guys as a goof! I just voted for Nickelback!. Then the next morning? THEY FUCKING WON?"