TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

3 Doors Down and Staind: THE THREAD

Like a breakfast cereal.

The Bare Naked Granola crap is expensive for a small amount. I could make my own but Im not really a granola person.

Speaking of food vendors, I was watching a month old episode of Bizarre Foods on my DVR and as a result, I know want to visit The Minnesota State Fair. They had something like 75 different foods on a stick there!

Last year at the Delaware State Fair I got a deep fried Moon Pie. This year in July when I go for 3 Doors Down/Staind concert Im gonna man up and get a deep fried twinkie, deep fried oreos and a deep fried snickers bar. The only problem is they are all outrageously expensive ($4 for a (as in 1, one, uno) deep fried twinkie..I could fucking make 2 boxes myself for that price but it wont have the atmosphere I guess..) Hopefully I wont die of a heart attack up there.

Guest College Party

Eating all of those fried foods in concert is actually less hazardous than seeing 3 Doors Down and Staind in concert.

Guest College Party

I'm not sorry. Those bands produce horrible music.

Guest Vitamin X

3 doors down is tolerable dreck, like if you're with your girlfriend and have to deal with it (I have to deal with the same thing, except my girlfriend loves Maroon 5) but Staind is horrible, absolute shit. I didn't even know they were still around.

My ex-girlfriend dragged me to see The Bravery in concert at Irving Plaza last summer.

One of the worst concerts I've ever been to.

Guest College Party

Most girls suck at liking music. I think it's evolutionary. Audiophilia is such a male-brain thing.

Most girls suck at liking music. I think it's evolutionary. Audiophilia is such a male-brain thing.

There's a girl in my French class who's a big Iron and Wine fan. I think I love her.

Guest College Party

They have sucking tendencies, but I still have a guilty pleasure thing for Private Eyes.

I got mine via direct deposit 2 weeks ago and spent all of it on Glenn Beck ticket ($100), Hershey Park Ticket ($50) NYC Hotel ($210), New 7 mp camera ($50), oil change ($15), Chocolate Pearl necklace set for GF ($40), 3 Doors Down Tickets ($60) and I blew the rest at Harrington's slots

I got mine via direct deposit 2 weeks ago and spent all of it on Glenn Beck ticket ($100), Hershey Park Ticket ($50) NYC Hotel ($210), New 7 mp camera ($50), oil change ($15), Chocolate Pearl necklace set for GF ($40), 3 Doors Down Tickets ($60) and I blew the rest at Harrington's slots

Wait you still have your gf?

*checks notes*

It's a sad day for humankind if anything even remotely involved with Three Doors Down costs more than a good digital camera.

I don't hate Three Doors Down, but 60? I paid 45 for Rush a few years ago. 45 FOR RUSH! Are they 25% lesser a band than TDD? I certainly don't think so.

It's a sad day for humankind if anything even remotely involved with Three Doors Down costs more than a good digital camera.

I don't hate Three Doors Down, but 60? I paid 45 for Rush a few years ago. 45 FOR RUSH! Are they 25% lesser a band than TDD? I certainly don't think so.

The digital camera is a Kodak M753. Rite Aid stopped selling Kodak digital cameras recently and 2 weeks ago they had all their Kodak digital cameras on clearance. The M753 retailed at RA for $149 but was marked down to $49 and it has a lithium ion rechargable battery 2.5 inch lcd and 3x optical zoom. Mother's day week (the week after I got mine) just about everyone had the M8XX model (8 mp) version "on sale" for $149. I got a real steal on the camera, its much better than my previous camera (an HP Photosmart 3mp)

And its 3 Doors Down/Staind/Hinder + fireworks + state fair food (for extra $ of course). Plus I'll probably blow $50 at the slots after the show like I did last year with my GF when we went to see Sugarland (she wanted to see em, not me)

Oh, and yes, I still have a GF. She's going with me to the Os game. Its free hat night so she'll have a Yankees hat on at least and will be saved (maybe) the insults of the bleacher creatures on the visiting team fan (me with my bright orange bill Os cap on). My new camera takes decent youtube quality video with sound so I'll probably record their insults. Its gonna be fun..

Oh, now I get it. Sixty bucks to see Hinder.

Blame the woman

Im going by myself though, and I already said I hate Hinder. Basically its $60 to see 3 Doors Down relatively up close since the DE State Fair concerts dont have that much seating or spend less and end up driving further away to sit further away.

I think they're playing Reading Festival this year. I'll watch them just for 'Kryptonite'.

I'm not going to be paying much more to see Radiohead than Marvin is for seeing 3 Doors Down.

I just thought that I should bring that to everyone's attention.

Guest Desensitized

Spun off from the food CTDWAT as part of my "chip away at those huge things" initiative.

Staind is pretty good at making that shitty whiny music that goes good with a shitty indy wrestling tribute or hype music video.

3 doors down had citizen solider and that shit ruined every movie last year

Three Doors Down is one of the better bands from when they were starting out. To me, that's real rock music. Not over-processed or detuned. The lyrics are emo sure, but hey, no band on Earth is perfect. Hell, I love Iron Maiden until the cows come home, but I still think they should get rid of Janick's noisemaking soloing ass.

Staind is not bad at all to me. Not great, but they have good songs.