TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

Aw man, Patterson and Stevens were two guys I was hoping would fall to later rounds as singles. Good choice HTQ.

Agreed. I had Stevens in mind for an upcoming selection.

Mellow and Broward:

The rules that were laid out for multiple man units were discussed between you guys and some others through pm, not to the posting public. It is understandable that those of us who weren't privy to the details of why one team can be taken and another can't would ask questions and or complain about the decision. My point with nWo was meant to be absurd, but there is at least one glaring example of more members of a unit that did the rotating tag thing. Earlier, someone took Edge and Christian and there was lots of talk of splitting them up as singles. The consensus was that it probably would be okay. You have a rule on the first page that that wouldn't be cool. Did that guy have to take a bye? If not, he has to use them as a tag team only, same as xXx, right? If xXx is used as a unit same as a tag team, then why would Broward need to take a bye in the next round? It just doesn't make sense. I am not trying to cause problems, but the logic doesn't add up here. I know it is your draft and you can do what you want, but this should have been discussed for the public. I bet 909 wouldn't mind throwing Crush in for Demolition if it wouldn't cost him another pick, which it shouldn't if he has to use them solely as a tag team anyway.

PM me, mellow, if you want to know the team that I am talking about above.

When people spoke of splitting people up, I think the notion was that they were thinking in terms of a real promotion and how it would give them real options, which adds to their value. Mellow and others such as myself want to make sure that when we present our final picture of these promotions, they are represented as the tag teams they selected. Personally, I think Broward made a mistake in selecting Triple X when he essentially passed an early round selection on someone that could have lasted to the double digit rounds.

I know that I was curious about selecting a three man group that wasn't Demolition or Triple X but another team that hasn't been mentioned yet and I was told that I would lose a round. This is a work in progress, there's alot of rules that still haven't been covered. When we get to the later rounds, we'll question the validity of certain picks. Can managers/figureheads be used as a wrestler? Things like that.

Yeah, I just wanted to know if I had the option of using Edge and Christian as singles workers or if they had to be a tag team. I was content with the pick either way so I figured I would just ask because I (would like to) think other people probably had a similar idea and this way we wouldn't all have had to PM to get the response.

As I have stated before- everybody has the opportunity to have up to thirty singles wrestlers, which is why drafting a tag team set for the sake of splitting the two teammates up is prohibited. I am willing to make exceptions for (legit) three-man units if the idea is to utilize them as a three-man set (otherwise, why else would they want them together in the first place??).

Remember, when I allow one of the participants to make a selection like XXX, I am bending the rules for them, since this gives them an opportunity to get to an extra worker before they are drafted. This started out as a one or two wrestler at a time draft, and I am adamant about keeping as much order as possible. I explained to Broward that, since I was bending the rules, that he would have to sit out the next round, and he understood. I would have done the same thing for anybody else, as long as they are serious about using the talent as a three-man (or woman) ensemble.

If you draft two or three wrestlers together, you are not allowed to break them up. If you want somebody to be a singles wrestler, then you have to draft them by themselves.

Can managers/figureheads be used as a wrestler? Things like that.

I am planning on a second stage draft for managers/valets. I cannot see why they cannot be booked in some wrestling capacity, but, right now, we are drafting full-time wrestlers.

Okay thanks, for some reason my time difference regularly goes back and forth by an hour.

I've got somebody ready, I think he might have even been mentioned in this thread, but he hasn't gone yet.

Time has run out for Stevie.

He has until 3:39 PM, ET. So, roughly fifteen minutes.

That's correct. I was looking at BPS's last pick which was at 3:15 and forgot that HTQ picked right after that. Either way, Stevie might lose out on 4 potential picks.

Typical, I spend the last two hours just watching the minutes go by until I can make my pick, and then just as i do somebody comes over.

I want six main eventers out of my 30 single wrestlers.

I have Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero, Jack Brisco and this man so far.

wrld-backlund02-1.jpg

Former two time WWF Champion Bob Backlund

He also wore tag-gold with Jack Brisco, which is something else I can go with if they challenge The Outsiders.

Former multiple time PWI Wrestler Of The Year, and WO Hall of famer.

I thought i'd remembered his name mentioned, didnt want to read 22 pages to check though.

Most likely when Anklelock had that diatribe about people not being picked.

My pick will be up very shortly.

Since only Brooklyn and yourself have to post Hawk before it comes back to me, i'm going to PM Mellow my picks, as i'm off to work now and this draft can move on tonight without having to wait for me.

It was important that I could take another big time face that could carry a promotion with the right and proper build and hype. This guy benefits from the illusion of a big time fighter. What he lacks in stature is made up greatly by his charisma, presence and the unmistakable feeling of a special attraction. I feel that he is such a fantastic face in that he doesn’t prescribe to the typical goody-two shoes archetype but like Steve Austin after him, this guy made you feel as if he was just the coolest and baddest son of a bitch walking on the planet. He can be paired with a variety of guys, I could pair him with my final selection and I still believe it’d be a big event because of his presence alone. If weren’t for an admitted failure from Vince McMahon, he could have been a bigger star then he already was.

With the 88th selection, you can beat him if you can, but survive if he lets you

tazz2.jpg

The Human Suplex Machine

TAZ

I wanted two guys who could work both sides of the coin. Both of these guys can be faces or heels, or tweeners, or whatever, so I guess there's three sides to this coin. They've both had history with at least two or more of the wrestlers I've picked, and they have definitely drawn at some point in their careers. These two guys are also a part of my first exposure to wrestling, so I'm quite happy I'll get to select them. Pick 89 will be:

luger.jpg

Lex Luger.

and pick 90 is:

bigelow7bu.jpg

Bam Bam Bigelow.

Lex Luger.

There we go. That's the guy I was talking about earlier. He was a top star for over a decade in more than one company. In his prime in the late 80s he was a very good worker as well and he can play both heel and face.

It was my hope that I could land this guy because I honestly feel that he is already, despite his relative young age, one of the greatest wrestlers of all time. He has an incredibly underrated personality that I feel could be put to very good use in my hypothetical promotion. This guy can lead my Junior Division while holding his own with the bigger guys. Versatility is still a crucial component in these early rounds and he can do the high-flying stuff but more importantly, he keeps it grounded as well as anyone else in the past has ever managed but his hidden talent just might be the ferocious brawls that can measured with some of the best. Most likely, he’ll be used for his technical prowess but he can and will be a star in this promotion.

With the 91st pick of the draft, I declare this man to be “The Best in the World”,

BryanDanielson.jpg

The American Dragon

Bryan Danielson

Luger was also the one I guessed people kept referring to as in not being selected.

Oh yeah...

Damn you for taking Bam Bam!

Lex Luger.

There we go. That's the guy I was talking about earlier. He was a top star for over a decade in more than one company. In his prime in the late 80s he was a very good worker as well and he can play both heel and face.

Yeah, that was the guy I was talking about as well. I was expecting him to go sometime in the first three rounds.

I've had fun just reading this and not even participating. The biggest guy I was thinking of not gone was Luger. I can still think of quite a few more I am surprised are still available instead of some of the guys taken already. That's what makes this a fun read though.

Luger and Taz were two of the people I was thinking of that surprised me they hadn't been selected. There are stilla few more. Bam Bam and Backlund were on a second tier of guys.

foleyfan told me his, and although I hadn't thought of him, I'm quite surprised as well.

There are a couple of teams I think a lot of people are sleeping on as well (that haven't yet been spoiled).

This selection is being made on behalf of The Franchise.

The 92nd selection became one of the hottest names on the independent scene with his classic work against Raven, Chris Hero, Samoa Joe and many others.

The former ROH and ECW World Heavyweight Champion...

He is better than you...

CM Punk!

cm-punk-interview-20061201101617463.jpg

That was the guy I was debating between with Danielson. I knew Franchise would take him and I figured I already had a few great promo guys that I could lose out on Punk. Now, he has Guerrero and Punk to put together.