TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

I figured Magnum would have gone earlier. There is still a couple of picks that I can not believe are still available!

Ok, it's one minute past the 12 hour mark so I'm going to go ahead and make my selection:

With Magnum T.A. and Barry Windham taken off the board, I was left scrambling to find a proper face that can complement Andre's role as top face while also being a main event caliber talent.

It took me a while, but I found him. He can work both heel and face, which I value a great deal. He'd also work well with Harley Race on top of the card.

One of the biggest stars in this country before Hulkamania hit...

If it wasn't for major personal problems, he could have possibly had the Hulk Hogan role...

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you none other than...

jimmy-snuka-superfly.jpg

"Superfly" Jimmy Snuka

I'm glad to be able to grab this tag team. There's a few people I'd rather grab, but I better get a tag team before all the top ones are gone.

demolition.jpg

I believe Demolition are probably the best tag team left. So yeah, gotta go with them.

Damn you King. I'm glad I have a good backup plan which I'll show you all in a few minutes.

I really hope it's not who I think it might be...

Looking at the draft board now, I realize that somebody very important to the formation of me becoming a wrestling fan has not been selected. First let me tell you a story to explain this pick for me a little better.

The date is July 8, 1996. I'm flipping thru the channels when I just happen to stop on this one showing wrestling. Now I've been a somewhat fan of wrestling most of my life, but this was different. This wasn't The Hulkster slamming people, and other jacked up looking guys. There was a little guy, all colorful, doing the most jaw dropping moves I've ever seen. Flips and slams and all kinds of acrobatics that made you dizzy just watching him.

Now when the time came to make this pick, I realized that I needed a Cruiserweight of the highest magnitude, so therefore, my pick, the 67th in this draft is none other then

Rey Misterio Jr.

34.jpg

By the way, if you want to know the era I'm choosing from, I want him from 1996-1997, before his first knee injury.

With Miracle Violence Conncection, Demoltion, and Legion of Doom all off the board, there's only one badass team left. This is a badass heel team I want to build my tag team division around. While one of the members is a former World Champion and certainly worthy of being drafted this high on his own, I think his career arguably peaked with this team. This is one of the most badass teams of all time.

With my fourth pick in the All Time Wrestling Roster Draft, I select....

03.jpg Sid Vicious and Dan Spivey....THE SKYSCRAPERS!

With Miracle Violence Conncection, Demoltion, and Legion of Doom all off the board, there's only one badass team left. This is a badass heel team I want to build my tag team division around. While one of the members is a former World Champion and certainly worthy of being drafted this high on own, I think he peaked with this team. This is one of the most badass teams of all time.

With my fourth pick in the All Time Wrestling Roster Draft, I select....

03.jpg Sid Vicious and Dan Spivey....THE SKYSCRAPERS!

Awesome pick that I hoped somehow would fall to me later on... or at least Sid or Spivey as a singles wrestler.

Still, not the pick I was worried you'd take... it's still safe, for now.

There's a couple of guys I'm surprised are still around really. I think my next couple of picks should be safe unless someone changes gears on me. I also came up with a cunning plan for the middle rounds. A CUNNING PLAN!

I can't believe Mysterio lasted as long as he did.

Honestly, me neither. I was thinking of people to potentially draft yesterday, and this one popped in my head (I had a somewhat stinker in my head beforehand). Glad I got him, and I have a great pick lined up for the next round.

Looking at the draft board now, I realize that somebody very important to the formation of me becoming a wrestling fan has not been selected. First let me tell you a story to explain this pick for me a little better.

The date is July 8, 1996. I'm flipping thru the channels when I just happen to stop on this one showing wrestling. Now I've been a somewhat fan of wrestling most of my life, but this was different. This wasn't The Hulkster slamming people, and other jacked up looking guys. There was a little guy, all colorful, doing the most jaw dropping moves I've ever seen. Flips and slams and all kinds of acrobatics that made you dizzy just watching him.

Now when the time came to make this pick, I realized that I needed a Cruiserweight of the highest magnitude, so therefore, my pick, the 67th in this draft is none other then

Rey Misterio Jr.

34.jpg

By the way, if you want to know the era I'm choosing from, I want him from 1996-1997, before his first knee injury.

Bugger, bugger x 4.

I was actually thinking at work last night about one possible *big* name left to come, and Rey came to mind, that was definately going to be my next choice.

God damn, I can't believe I came so close yet Rey still slipped through my fingers.

Ok, so my fourth pick will now be:

the-big-show-interview-200412090251431101.jpg

The Big Show. The polar opposite of Rey Mysterio, I know. But charismatic and very talented for a giant. I thought it would make sense to take show at this point as I already have a number of heavyweights, but none of them can be as an intimidating a presence as the 7' Big Show. From previous experience I already know he can have very entertaining match ups with both The Rock and Booker. Again, Big Show is useful as he has proven he can play both face and heel and can be accepted as a threat in either role so long as he's not being turned every couple of weeks.

Is 909 still the proxy for those of us who might not be around to make their picks?

After nine hours of interstate driving and eighty-five bucks in fuel, I have returned. Feel free to send me your top three (or more) selections if you are not going to be around to make your selection.

I apologize, i picked up extra hours at work today and couldn't be around. I'll make my next pick whenever im allowed.

You go now. :headbang:

So as I missed my turn, guys like Mysterio and Sid got drafted who I wanted to take. Fair enough. For my next pick, I again go the oldschool route. I figured this guy can draw money (albeit it territory style) can talk on the mic, can work face and especially heel and can work southern style. With my next selection, I choose....

lawler.jpg

Sure, he doesn't match up well with anyone CURRENTLY on my roster, but he's a guy that can wrestle secondary guys on the card. Plus, there's still quite a few guys being overlooked in the singles division.

There's still one guy I'm stunned hasn't been picked yet.

Me too. SHOCKED!

Nobody take him. I want him.

No wait, that'd fuck up my rotation.