TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

Yeah, I'd just redo Hogan/McMahon and then do Hennig/Orton with the roster so far.

Yeah that was my other thought. However I think I would put the Title on Randy Orton and give Curt Hennig his due.

My two picks:

rogerz5.jpg

The Fantastics

- One of the most underrated teams of all-time. Their matches with the Midnight Express were legendary and I firmly believe had they been given more of a chance, Rogers and Fulton could've been huge draws. They were solid on the mic, great in the ring and both good looking enough to draw in the teen female demographic that the Rockers, Rock & Roll Express and Hardy Boyz capitalized on. They will most certainly feud with Arn and Tully.

14.jpg

Pedro Morales

- The first WWF triple crown champion and one of their biggest pre-Hogan draws not named Bruno. He was huge in New York and especially among the Latino community which, now more than ever, is a very viable demographic to market to. As a hard working, visible minority yet still proudly American he'll be my #2 face after Bret and will help my company expand into Latin America. With him and Bret both being 'worldwide' figures, I can easily run shows overseas with headlining faces who would already be popular and/or respected.

That's funny cause I had 3 teams on my want list. One I'm sure won't get back to me, the other two (one of which were the Fantastics) were toss ups but I just couldn't risk the Fantastics slipping by me and losing a possibly legendary Fantastics/Arn & Tully feud.

There's one guy left that is arguably one of the 15 most known guys in the history of the business and hasn't been taken. There's some groups that this person is made for. Not mine but others that are shooting for a money promotion.

There's a few great draws left including some monster ones if you look into Japan.

I'll clairfy it as American names. Not so much as a draw. Just a major name.

In the seventh round I select...

20.jpg

The Fabulous Rogueaus.

(Play this as you read.) Fabulous Rougeaus Theme

From Montreal to Memphis, one of the most underrated tag teams of the late-1980s and early-1990s. I just need to find the proper tag team to put them up against.

For my 7th pick and the 110th pick of the draft, I choose:

trishstratusvq3.jpg

Trish Stratus. The 7 time women's champion and arguably the most over female wrestler ever. Whilst maybe not the best woker ever, certainly very enjoyable to watch. Trish will be the corner stone of my women's divison.

Trish turned into a solid worker, which is kinda shitty in a way because then the E thought they could grab any model and make her into the next Trish. She was quite the rare talent that could pull off the hotness and also bring it in the ring.

There's one guy left that is arguably one of the 15 most known guys in the history of the business and hasn't been taken. There's some groups that this person is made for. Not mine but others that are shooting for a money promotion.

Gulp...

:)

I think I know who you're talking about but I'm going to have to pass him up. I was going to do a punny joke with said guy but I don't want to get Mellow upset with me again.

For my next pick, I wanted someone to pair up against Kerry Von Erich. My next pick like Kerry, is a treasure of the Lone Star State and like Kerry left us all too soon. In his short time in the business, he paved the way for the likes of "Ravishing" Rick Rude and Shawn Michaels amongst many others. His rivalries with The Von Erichs, Jose Lothario, and The Freebirds packed arenas and stadiums across Texas in the early and mid 80s.

He's a three time NWA Americas Heavyweight Champion, a six time NWA Texas Heavyweight Champion, a five time NWA American Tag Team Champion, and a two time SCW World Tag Team Champion...

With my seventh pick and the 111th pick in the All Time Wrestling Roster Draft, I select...

11.jpg Gino Hernandez!

There was another semi-current guy I was thisclose to picking as he'd be considered by most to be an absolute steal at this point but Gino's a better choice for what I'm trying to go for.

Ok, looking at my roster, I see that while I have some good wrestler, I don't have anybody that you'd necessarily call a force of nature. Somebody who's going to take whatever you give him and keep coming for more. Samoa Joe, Taz, Brody, Mike Awesome and others fit this mold, but unfortunately they're all taken. Except for this guy. The 112th pick in the draft is...

wwe_umaga.jpg

UMAGA!