TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

With the next pick in the draft, I'm picking somebody who I've been scouting for a couple of rounds now, but was unsure about picking him until now. He was a person who I was originally looking at when I chose Umaga, but he lost out the coin toss. However, it'd be interesting to set him loose on the upper card as an indestructible machine. With the 147th pick in the draft, I select

20070909%20akiyama%20vs%20morishima03morishiprofile.jpg

Takeshi Morishima

I actually considered Mori as my Kane foil, but went with Abby instead. Good choice, I figured he'd go around this time.

The Japanese selections are intriguing for me because I don't have much knowledge or interest in it. I've always been about the wild characters, storylines, mic skills mixed in with good wrestling. That could hurt me in this draft on workrate alone.

I really hate you right now. Was hoping he would slip another round or 2 so I could have a small program with him and Michaels.

I was considering letting him drop and hopefully picking him up when the rounds swing back up, but with the way the last round went for me decided if I really wanted him I needed to take him now.

The Japanese selections are intriguing for me because I don't have much knowledge or interest in it. I've always been about the wild characters, storylines, mic skills mixed in with good wrestling. That could hurt me in this draft on workrate alone.

Yeah, I really don't have much old school knowledge (I know the names and reputation of people, but not they're actual work) so I feel like I'm a bit behind on that end. Luckily tho most people have old matches and matches from Japan on Youtube/DailyMotion that I can view, get an inkling on their workrate and decide if they'd fit into my promotion.

The funny thing is Japan has WAY better characters than most anything I've seen in WWE or TNA. I won't drop names, but Japan can pull off certain gimmicks with more style and pizazz than they do in the States.

There's a small possibility I might not be around for my next pick. I see 909 lurking but it depends if Diamond shows up to select. Who can I PM my next selection to that would be around?

There's a small possibility I might not be around for my next pick. I see 909 lurking but it depends if Diamond shows up to select. Who can I PM my next selection to that would be around?

Me.

I have to pick a babyface to match with DiBiase...uh, I know he's not the best guy out there by any stretch, but I'll grab...

Blackjack Mulligan.

mulligan_bj2.jpg

I definitely could've taken him as part of a team, but he was very, very successful in Florida as a babyface. I think he would fit well in a feud with DiBiase, given Mulligan's working class appeal. At the least, it would draw. Everyone likes to see a big Texan beat the shit out of a rich guy.

With my next selection, I'm going to continue the trend of top draws/old school guys and select a former N.W.A. Champion that is still on the board. He has a couple of ready made feuds waiting for him with the talent I've already selected as I can put him up against The Sheik, Jesse Ventura, and especially Harley Race. He's as baby-face as they come, and he was one of the most popular wrestlers in the Southeast during the early 1980's. He was engaged in some serious wars throughout Georgia, and his blonde hair will make for some very good visuals once The Sheik and company start to go after him.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...

08.jpg

"Wildfire" Tommy Rich

With this pick, it might not necessarily be the right move, and it's a bit of fantasy booking on my part, but I always liked these guys in WCW. I felt they had a really awesome look, were jacked up and more than acceptable in the ring, pulling off swantons and anything else from the top. I'd be curious to see how they matched up with the Bulldogs.

jindrakohaire4.jpg

Jindrak and O'Haire, the Natural Born Thrillers. (couldn't find a picture together)

Just a heads up as some people make their tag team selections (or just general picks). Obsessed With Wrestling has a ton of pics on their site, so you may be able to snag something there before you make your selection if you can't find the image you're looking for on google.

Just a heads up as some people make their tag team selections (or just general picks). Obsessed With Wrestling has a ton of pics on their site, so you may be able to snag something there before you make your selection if you can't find the image you're looking for on google.

I would recommend that people go to Online World of Wrestling instead. It has much more to offer, and is actually run by Brad Dykens, who started up and ran Obsessed With Wrestling, before the guy with whom he shared the domain name decided that he wanted it for himself. It's ten times better anyway.

Time to start a Cruiserweight division.

And I'll grab a guy that can be an uber dick heel who is so bad ass he stole a promotions name for his own, or a charismatic fight from behind face. He's gotten over in the States, and just kicks ass on so many levels.

Plus he can do this...

10.jpg

You can't do that shit.

Taka Michinoku

My next selection is a performer who was truly ahead of his time. A wrestling classic who made his mark on the world with his renowned series against the Dynamite Kid. A former NWA and WWF Junior Heavyweight Champion, my fourth round draft selection is...

The one, the only- Satoru Sayama:

The Original Tiger Mask!

tiger_mask.jpg

I have every intention of booking Tiger Mask vs. Ultimo Dragon in a Junior Heavyweight Dream Match.

NigelMcGuinness.png

Nigel McGuinness

Was thinking of taking a team but noticed that someone was picked so chose to go with this guy instead.

I wanted to mention that some of the teams on the first page don't have the members listed which makes things a little bit harder when there's already been close to 150 picks. For example, I sort of remembered seeing Sid Vicious' picture in the thread but when I tried to find his name it didn't show up because he was selected as part of The Skyscrapers. Having said that, I don't think this guy was picked and even though I'm not sure how well he'd fit in with my promotion I think Antonio Inoki's a big enough star to take a shot at drafting here.

inoki_ali.jpg

Selecting on behalf of Hunter's Torn Quad

Another amazing worker to come out of the Pacific Northwest, and, quite possibly, the biggest legit heat-machine that modern Lucha Libre could offer. A worthy opponent of Jushin Thunder Liger, and a legacy unto himself...

One half of Los Gringos Locos...

The Love Machine,

Art Barr

barr_art.jpg

I was totally thinking I might be able to steal Art Barr in a couple rounds. But HTQ ruins them plans. Great pick.

Goddamn. I totally forgot about Art Barr and never even thought of him once. THAT is the steal of the draft. I've you've never seen any of his work, go on youtube and watch it right now. He could have been one of the best all-time heels had he stayed alive.