TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

26.jpg

Matt Hardy.

Just because. I like everything about Matt Hardy except that he can't talk to his way out of a paper bag. I find that most of my roster can't talk that well...so if you come to one of my shows...it's gonna be all action...by necessity.

I really hope that's sarcasm, Hawk. I'm just too tired to sense it without asking right now!

I think I know who you thought I meant, but I didn't mean that.

They hadn't gone yet?!

How did I miss that, I passed on Matt Hardy & a partner earlier when trying to find someone to take on the Outsiders.. and I just assumed they had gone.

oh.

Fudge.

I think Hawk and I mean the same thing.

And I misunderstood what you said.

I hope so. Although, two different people would have fit with that statement.

For my next pick, I'm going with the man from the edge of sanity....Delirious.

He's a solid worker and his character can be used in a variety of ways.

He can be ultra violent...

l_3477138ba79173e9a9298a9f27183a51.jpg

He can be ultra goofy...

l_203df04bed2bf73c06fb0b5de3472bbf.jpg

And he can spout off gibberish to annoy my heels like Jericho.

l_44aa3affb74a13aca3501fbf38eeafcc.jpg

He's going to be a face in my promotion. Deli will be Muta's tag team partner, so my tag division is going to be stacked with them, ChoTen, Briscoes and the Kings of Wrestling.

I was totally thinking I might be able to steal Art Barr in a couple rounds. But HTQ ruins them plans. Great pick.

Except it was going to be this round :(.

Selecting on behalf of The Franchise

They are former WCW World, United States and Six-Man Tag Team Champions...

They hail from Badstreet U.S.A. in Atlanta, Georgia...

The greatest rock and roll band of all time...

Michael "P.S." Hayes and Jimmy "Jam" Garvin...

The Fabulous Freebirds!

18-1.jpg

I might be jumping the gun by taking another tag team but I wanted these guys because I greatly desire their complete contrast to the other tag teams on my roster. I wanted some speed and tag team mastery to go along with the bruising tenacity of the others and I believe these guys can put on some entertaining matches with just about any team. I would greatly love having these guys as solo performers but I believe they were on their game the most as a collective unit.

With the 160th selection of the draft, I have taken

03.jpg

Generation Next

Roderick Strong and Austin Aries

I'm gonna go with the next best Von Erich, who had his own feud with Flair, and was a very good wrestler in his own right:

catphoto.jpg

David Von Erich.

Next pick will be a little unorthodox, but this guy can take bumps like a mad man, and has put on some pretty good matches in limited wrestling capacity:

shane3.jpg

Shane McMahon.

I wanted another great character with tremendous versatility and this guy was one of the greatest characters in wrestling, ever. He was controversial in that he could never stay in one place and his career/life was cut short by his rampant drug abuse. I’ll be using this guy for his heel abilities, most likely, but well aware that he’s a capable face as well. It’ll all depend on the match ups. He was a legendary brawler as well as a charismatic figure in this business as their ever was.

With the 163rd selection of this draft, I have chosen

18.jpg

"Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert

Awesome pick with Eddie Gilbert. The way this draft is going, I figured he wouldn't be off the board for quite some time.

ha... I thought of Generation Next right after I put up my pick. Even thought about asking if I could have a redo since no one else had selected.

So much for getting back to me in 8 picks.

You almost lucked out. I was ready to take Aries as a solo act, which would've left you with a tag team to take.

If Portland can't get a do-over for selecting Sam Bowie instead of Micheal Jordan you can't retroactively get GenNext. ;)

If ANYBODY is big and bad enough to take on the Outsiders at their own game, it's The Natural Disasters.

tt-disasters01st-2.jpg

AWESOME pick there. I was hoping people would sleep on them so they'd eventually fall my direction... or at least allow me to take Earthquake, a personal favorite, as a singles wrestler.

For my next pick, I'm drafting someone to help round out my heels, and in particular the Kings of Wrestling. While not a manager, he's their go to guy when they have problems and need help. This guy will serve as Chris Hero's executive consultant and the official financial analyst of Claudio's Swi$$ Holdings...

12.jpg

Captain Michael VK Wallstreet

He'll fit in fine with them because he's used to wearing suits to the ring.

01.jpg

The Hero/Mistico feud will be capped off in a six man Lucha de Apuesta pitting the Kings and Wallstreet against Mistico/Muta/Delirious, where the loser either has his head shaved or loses his mask (or in Muta's case, his facepaint). We'll talk more about this later.