TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

Also Mellow PM'd me a picture of Goldberg pointing at me with the message You're Next to tell me it was my turn. It'll haunt me forever.

Sorry. I've been watching a lot of late-nineties WCW of late.

With my next pick, I kill several birds with one stone. I correct my lack of babyfaces issue, I get a guy to start my cruiserweight division and I get a guy I can build an underdog storyline around. Originally, I wanted to use the 1-2-3 Kid in a similar manner to what Vince did with him back in 1993. Have him get his ass kicked by every star on the roster before beating a cocky heel. Even though I don't have Waltman to do this with, I have the next best thing. Additionally, I want to sign some guys that would get kids to start watching again, something WWE lacks today (my opinion). With whatever pick overall we're at, my latest selection is.......

wwe-hurricane.jpg

The Hurricane!

I was thinking to myself that I really lack a draw to the kids and I highlighted Hurricane as my potential option for that purpose. Hurricane is a different route from the other juniors in my group but he could still work exceptionally well against the trio of Danielson/Gibson/Malenko.

For my next selection, I am going to go with a charismatic heel. I had been entertaining the idea of swooping this guy up, but yesterday, after watching the face off shoot he did with Raven, I am definitely pumped to get this one. Ladies and gentlemen, the 204th draft selection.

The Gamesmaster himself,

Kevin Sullivan!

21.jpg

And, yes, I am going to go with the psychotic, Florida-era Sullivan.

Another selection I thought people would sleep on and allow me to take in a later round.

With the next selection in the draft, I'm going to take one of the biggest heat generating heels off the board. People hated this guy, and he relished it. He had what a lot would call a cartoonish gimmick, but he took the ball and ran with it. He ran with it to become the greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time.

Yes, you guessed it...

top-ten-intercontinental-champions-of-all-time-20080502002510361.jpg

The Honky Tonk Man

I believe I'll use him to feud with Jimmy Snuka in a good upper mid-card program.

This goes in line with my last two picks. Juniors tag FTW. Oops, I gave away my plan. That's okay. Can't just draft a whole bunch of singles wrestlers and not mix them up for a tag match.

El Samurai

SamuraiFBNJ2000cardback.jpg

I originally wanted Sullivan in this slot as somebody crazy enough to take on Vachon, but since he's gone, I'm going to move onto my next choice. This man was Vachon's rival in Grand Prix Wrestling and was a terror on the mat. He is Jos LeDuc!

leduc1.jpg

There are so many great tag teams left on the board and I thought I'd fill the final slot in my roster while the gettin's good. I think a good tag team division is essential to a good promotion. This tag team is one of my all time personal favorites and a team I thought surely would have been picked by now (or at least one of the members solo). They're up there with The Steiner Brothers and The Road Warriors for producing the most entertaining squash matches. They didn't just beat guys, they destroyed them. They were also incredibly agile for big men and an essential part of the incredibly underrated WWF tag team scene of the mid 90s.

These men are three time former WCWA tag team champions and former WWF Tag Team Champions

With my 12th pick and the 210th selection overall, I'm proud to select...

03.jpgFatu and Samu...The Headshrinkers!

I'll be primarily using them as heels against The Nasty Boys. I think that series would produce some incredible brawls. But a series between them and Strike Force would also be super nifty.

For the 211th pick I choose:

The former Euro-Continental Champion, You'd Better Recognise it's D'Lo Brown

dlo_brown3.jpg

Is it worth waiting another 8 hours for Drury if he's already 2 picks behind? I reckon that Orange Goblin should just go.

Is it worth waiting another 8 hours for Drury if he's already 2 picks behind? I reckon that Orange Goblin should just go.

I concur.

Well with Rikishi gone, there goes my masterplan which I'm sure mellow and a few others already know, so time to rethink:

14.jpg

The Killer Bees

-One of the best face teams left on the board. They were very over and sold tons of merchandise and had a gimmick that is very marketable. Kids loved them and they were solid workers which is what made me go with them instead of my original choice. I'll feud them with Adonis and Murdoch and that should produce some quality matches. Plus the mask stuff is fun and is a different element to my roster.

25.jpg

Buff Bagwell

- Yah he's a dickhead and I don't like him either but he was a VERY over heel in WCW in the late 90's (in fact the crowd reacted so well to him on the buyout Raw, it got him signed). He was a decent at best worker but was watchable and knew how to make audiences hate him. Plus he could promo well and was one of the most charismatic heels of the late 90's. He fills a hole on my roster (hated midcard heel) and could have a good feud with DDP over a secondary title.

Based on the draft board, these users have selected their 4 tag teams

TheOriginalOrangeGoblin

KingKamalaClassic

mellowblissful

Steviekick

The Franchise

Diamonddust

And these users have only one left

The Great Mazto

Broward83

naiwf

Hunter's Torn Quad