TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Smues

The Highschool Thread

Guest Epic Narcissism

There are some funny anecdotes in here, as always, but if someone were new to the Internet and asked what TL;DR means, I'd show that person this thread.

Freshman year was an easy transition from junior high for me. I was already friends with a core of juniors and seniors due to people who worked at my family bakery, so there I was as a freshman rubbing elbows with varsity cheerleaders in addition to my lifelong friends. The fact that I knew a lot of people already helped my friends out too, as friends from one group became friendly with the other, and caused a melting pot of a group. Also, the vice principal from our junior high transitioned over to the high school as an administrative assistant, and I had a good rapport with him after an incident back in junior high where he tried to unjustly suspend me.

Your Jr. High wasn't in Indiana and your High School in Cali was it?

My highschool years can be summed up with the typical "If I knew then what I know now" about a lot of things. I got along with everyone but never made an attempt to make real "friends" with many people. I had a couple of close friends, one of which is still my best friend currently.

My highschool years are hard to break down by year because basically each year was more of the same, just some girls got better looking, while some instead got fatter, lol.

A year after I graduated, one of the American History teachers(who also happened to coach Varisty baseball) got a sex change and went from David Warfield, to Dana Rivers. He/She was featured on Montel Williams show, lol.

My Freshman & Sophomore years we had a really good Varisty Football team that went pretty deep into the playoffs until they ended up playing a school that's offense outnumbered our entire team so all of us saw the writing on the wall, haha.

Ok more to come later but back to work now..........

Guest Smues

Freshman year: I was still a bit of a fuckup the first couple of months. Kind of residual lag from junior high or something. I hated marching band and tried to quit a time or two. Wasn't a big fan of jazz choir because it started at 6:45am while normal school wasn't until 8, and because I was the backup drummer, which basically meant I played on the days the main drummer skipped, and I got to play the rain stick on one song. Yippy. Then in October-ish I got suspended because a couple of days detention would have been more paperwork for the VP. I was hanging out with some friends when one of them lit some matches and stuffed them in a locker. Nothing caught fire, but I was there and didn't report it and that was bad. I guess. He got expelled, so I guess I got off easy. I found out that a suspension was an automatic boot from jazz choir, which just REALLY made my week, but for some reason the director liked me and let me stay in. Things got a LOT better around November, as marching band ended and the douchebag drum guy that I had disappeared and it was just the band director running things. Concert season was a lot of fun. The year was pretty good from then on, other than douchebag drum guy coming back for parade season, but it worked out ok. Embarassing as this is, I marched COWBELL for parade season. I didn't want to lug around the bassdrum again, and since I had whined a bunch in football season the director stuck me on cowbell, and I can't say I didn't deserve it. But it ended up being fun and easy. As for jazz choir, the day of a performance in front of the whole school the lead drummer got kicked out, so I had about 20 minutes to get ready to play a full set of songs I hadn't played. (That same drummer got himself booted from drumline a month or two later for being drunk.) So I spent the rest of the year actually playing drums and not just sitting around trying not to fall asleep, so that was nice. In march the choir director 'resigned' but in reality (and I've gotten this confirmed that this is what actually happened) he had a relationship with a student (sexual or not I don't know) and someone ratted them out so he was fired/forced to quit. We got someone else for the rest of the year, and then they canned him and moved us onto choir director #3 for sophmore year.

Sophmore year: This or my senior year was my favorite year. Marching band sucked again, but it wasn't quite as bad as the prior year, and I bitched about it a hell of a lot less. For some reason, despite not doing any practicing or anything over the summer I became a much better all around drummer, and even student I guess, between freshmen and sophmore year. Maybe I just matured a little, I dunno. Had a blast in band all year. Choir, not so much. The new director and I didn't get along to well, and she let the original guy who got booted the year before back in, before kicking him out herself in January. The highlight of my year was going to state competition with the drumline, and getting 3rd place out of 20 something groups. This will sound wierd, but we didn't deserve to go to state, but we earned our 3rd place. By that I mean at the qualifying thing we sucked, and only made it because the judge was overwhelmed by the piece of music itself, not how we performed. But once we got to state magic happened and everything clicked and we put on one fuck of a performance. The next morning I had to drive to the tri-cities for the CBC jazz festival with the choir, and it was a wierd depressing feeling going from the awesomeness of state drum competition to this little festival, and I was depressed for awhile. Funny thing from that festival though, was the director telling the choir that we were going to dedicate the performance to the kids that died at 'Concubine High School'. Non music related stuff of note from that year were trying and failing to get a couple of girls, attending my first dance, and helping bust a bunch of kids mis-using the computers. A funny side story to that, this one guy I knew was a real computer expert, and he busted a shitload of people, and managed to parlay that into a computer job with the district after he graduated. A few years later he made the front page of the Spokesman-Review because he was arrested by the FBI for hacking some Washington DC Metro site or something like that. Oh and also during sophmore year a week or two after Columbine we had a con cancelled because of "if you thought Columbine was bad wait until the awards con!" on a bathroom stall.

Junior year: ugg. Band and choir continued to go as they had for the most part. I finally got to march something that wasn't a bass drum for football season, so that was nice. I had run for drum-captain at the end of sophmore year but lost, and I didn't particularly get along with the guy who won, but I sucked it up and tried to act professional. Of note for music that year (since music was my life in high school pretty much is why I waste so much text on it) was the brand new drumset we got for choir being stolen (or most of it being stolen anyway) and me being accused by the choir director. Boy did that piss me off, since A. I was the one who benefitted most from HAVING IT AT THE SCHOOL since I was the only one at this point using it, and B. I had asked to borrow it so I could take it to the Frank Demiro jazz camp that summer, and if I had been able to it couldn't have been stolen since it would have been with me and not at the school at the time it was jacked. What REALLY pissed me off was when we discovered finally who took it...the drum captain. He was another suspect, and I had defended him despite not liking him. I was sooooo fucking pissed when I found out he was the one. And that wasn't all he took, I guess he'd been looting the school all over. He stole various things from the music department, and a lot of computers and camera equipment from the drama department. He was in the stage crew and had stolen the keyring with keys to every room in the building. Oops. So when he got busted he got expelled, but they didn't press any charges. Assholes. So by defautl I got to lead the drumline for the rest of my time in high school. None music stuff: Girl problems, no shocker there. I let myself be led on by this one girl for pretty much all of my junior and senior year, when anyone with a brain would have realized I had no chance. But again teenagers are stupid. I also tortured myself by listening to the shitty teeny bopper pop music station all of my peers listened too. I realized how out of touch I was with the music of the day because when I was at a dance or in a friends car I wouldn't know ANY of the music they were listening to. So I listened to 92.9 KZZU for two damn years, and all I got out of it was shitty, shitty. I still want Beyounce to die for inflicting Bills, Bills, Bills on me.

Senior year: Didn't want to graduate because I liked High School. Yeah, I was wierd. Was about the only one in the band who wasn't mean to the student teacher we got, yet I had a vicious fued with the student teacher in my Japanese class. I'm not great at handling change, and the first day he took over teaching the class the first thing he did was make everybody move into the first three rows of the class, despite the fact we'd been sitting where we were for over a semester without any problems. So I started being a little shit and challenging him at every turn. I started every class by sitting in my old seat and not moving until he told me to. I interupted him all the time, and other immature and stupid things like that. I told him why I was doing it, I even wrote it in Japanese for one of our assignments. We had to write, in Japanese, a couple lines that followed the format of "Because of (something), (something resulted)." So I wrote in Japanese that "Because you made me move desks, I mis-behaive." but I guess he didn't read it. Finaly he had someone from his college in the room one day to observe him, and I knew my chance for victory was at hand. I started acting up like a motherfucker and embarassing him. He sent me into the hall, came out and asked what the fuck was my problem, I flat out told him give me my god damned seat back because there was NO FUCKING REASON to move me. He was shocked. He let me move back to my old seat (which was in row 4 for crying out loud anyway, I don't know what his problem was,) and suddenly I was the best behaived kid there was. Boy did that piss him off, but I won! And while I was certainly immature about the whole thing, apparantly I wasn't wrong about him being a bad teacher, because our real Japanese teacher agreed with me. She had to write up an evaluation for him at the end of the semester, and the college wrote her back and said that she needed to write him a better eval, because he wouldn't pass with the one she sent. She told them "that was the point," but they nagged her until she came up with something slightly better. Glad to know that even if you suck, if you're paying your school enough money they'll get you certified regardless.

Freshman year was an easy transition from junior high for me. I was already friends with a core of juniors and seniors due to people who worked at my family bakery, so there I was as a freshman rubbing elbows with varsity cheerleaders in addition to my lifelong friends. The fact that I knew a lot of people already helped my friends out too, as friends from one group became friendly with the other, and caused a melting pot of a group. Also, the vice principal from our junior high transitioned over to the high school as an administrative assistant, and I had a good rapport with him after an incident back in junior high where he tried to unjustly suspend me.

Your Jr. High wasn't in Indiana and your High School in Cali was it?

Awesome, and just obscure enough to where some might not get it. Sadly, no.

In highschool, I was not very popular. You could even say I was sort of an "outcast," heh. But I liked it that way. I wasn't into the stuff that my mindless peers were (ie "getting hammered," etc. I see no enjoyment to be found in drinking cheap beer until you black out--obliterating myriads of brain cells in the process, no doubt (though it's not like most of the kids in my hs reall used their braincells in the first place lol). Instead I was more interested in more "intellectual" pursuits--reading avant-garde philosophy, listening to classical and experimental music, watching foreign cinema, stuff like that. My weekends weren't spent going out and getting "trashed" and fucking disease-infested skank but instead sitting home alone in quiet contemplation, and if I had the chance to go back in time I wouldn't change a singular thing. People called me a "loser" and a "freak" but I knew the real truth: it was they who were the losers, wasting thier lives in such pointless manners. Why, I bet most of them didn't even know who Nietzsche was! Hahaha can you imagine? Fucking plebians. I'll show them, though. One day, I will be a respected public intellectual, called upon to comment upon all the most pressing issues of the day while they will probably be stuck working at used car dealerships and going home to their former "hottie" wife who is now fat and their five ungreatful, whiny crotchspawns. Who will laughing then? B-)

I graduated 2 weeks ago.

High school was a sexless shit hole. Except senior year, that was great besides the no sex part. I'm moving to Berkeley tomorrow to attend Cal.

Prom never let me down to be a terrible waste of time and money.

In highschool, I was not very popular. You could even say I was sort of an "outcast," heh. But I liked it that way. I wasn't into the stuff that my mindless peers were (ie "getting hammered," etc. I see no enjoyment to be found in drinking cheap beer until you black out--obliterating myriads of brain cells in the process, no doubt (though it's not like most of the kids in my hs reall used their braincells in the first place lol). Instead I was more interested in more "intellectual" pursuits--reading avant-garde philosophy, listening to classical and experimental music, watching foreign cinema, stuff like that. My weekends weren't spent going out and getting "trashed" and fucking disease-infested skank but instead sitting home alone in quiet contemplation, and if I had the chance to go back in time I wouldn't change a singular thing. People called me a "loser" and a "freak" but I knew the real truth: it was they who were the losers, wasting thier lives in such pointless manners. Why, I bet most of them didn't even know who Nietzsche was! Hahaha can you imagine? Fucking plebians. I'll show them, though. One day, I will be a respected public intellectual, called upon to comment upon all the most pressing issues of the day while they will probably be stuck working at used car dealerships and going home to their former "hottie" wife who is now fat and their five ungreatful, whiny crotchspawns. Who will laughing then? B-)

Anyone who couldn't get layed in high school should be scalped.

At my school, the only way to have sex was if you were in a relationship, or do it with the school prostitute.

At my school, the only way to have sex was if you were in a relationship, or do it with the school prostitute.

Same here. Except my girlfriend refused to have any sort of sex, period. (Not just with me, she stayed virginal through college and beyond, far as I know.) And nobody bothered to inform us dorks as to who the school prostitutes were, so that avenue was closed as well.

I remember a pep rally for our football team freshmen year. Our football team before that was really shitty. We were having a pep rally and nobody there was caring. Everybody was talking to their buddies, goofing off, and anything else other then cheering on the team. The school fight song comes up and nobody stands. It was so bad the Principal jumps in, yells at everybody, and says nobody is leaving until we all stand up and sing the fight song.

Heh. We actually once "lost" a pep rally due to the student body's lack of enthusiasm/participation the weeks before. The cheerleaders and staff were tired of us not cheering/caring, so they decided to pack it in one week and go down the road to the elementary school and give the pep rally there. From what I understand, the rally was a great success but failed to help the team avoid getting killed again that night.

I remember an assembly from Senior Year that doubled as a pep rally. At the end some of the "OMG SCHOOL SPIRIT!~!~!" kids jumped up and said "All right, guys! Let's sing the fight song!" I turned to my buddies and said, "Wait...we have a fight song?"

Apparently, I was the only one at the school who didn't know, cos EVERYONE in the place sung it and clapped along.

That reminds me: People who have an overwhelming sense of pride in their High School kinda irk me. College, I can understand, cos later on in life, that'll matter somehow. High School, though... "OMG! Don't you LOOOOVE this school!? WHOO! HIGH SCHOOL IS THE BEST!!!~"

Yeah, keep cheering. As soon as college starts, you'll gain 20 pounds and no-one will give a shit about how popular you were in some upper-middle class Northern California town. You won't be cheering then, will ya?

Guest Smues

We had a pep rally type thing before the annual big basketball game against our main rival (I think we lost that game all four years I was there.) I think it was my sophmore year they introduced the team by having everyone stand up and cheer as they would announce their name and have them run out one at a time and do a lay-up. Here's how bad our team was: Not one of them made their lay-up. The cheering quickly turned to booing before finally the last player dunked it. I think I got yelled at by some teacher for laughing so much at the fact that our team was so bad they couldn't make uncontested layups. Go team!

Our school had some kind of "School Spirit" contest during Spirit Week and whichever class had the most kids dressing up during the various theme days got like $500 for their class. My senior class was the first senior class to lose the contest in years. Not only did we lose but we came in third. Ah, to be a part of the most apathetic class in Deering High School history.

The best theme day we ever had there was "Rock Star Day" and I decided for some odd reason to dress up as one of Dexy's Midnight Runners. My Drama and Speech Class teacher asked me if I was dressing up as a French gigolo when I walked in for 2nd block.

1. PGOAT has the best post in this thread, fuck y'all.

2. Regarding booty and trying to get it in high school, my senior year I was in a computer applications class for an easy A. Just typing and basic HTML coding, so I flew through it, biding my time until my video editing class started. But there was this one kid who was a sophomore, and I guess he was one of the popular skater douchebags, because he was just making jokes left and right all the time. Kid's about half my size, and I think still is, but I digress. Anyways, he asks this freshman if he got laid over the weekend, and the kid says no, and the soph just starts a short tirade about how you're a loser "if you don't lose your virginity by the age of 15." I was 17 at the time, and I just lost it a month earlier, so I turned to him and just told him I recently lost it and I'm 17. He shuts up, and then begins making fun of another kid for being an idiot. Heh.

3. Nobody but the honor roll/band geek kids in my HS had any school spirit. Not even the jocks. The only jocks who had any sort of school spirit were those on the wrestling team, because our wrestling team actually had a decent record (unlike our football team, which STILL sucks, I hear), ditto the hockey team, so pep rallies were usually full of band geeks trying to get extra credit by volunteering and the football team just goofing around. Sophomore year, my friend Chris (who I still regularly hang out with, despite him being a dumb bastard) tries to climb the side of the bleachers, which are/were the fold-out kind that can be put away to make extra room. So he's trying to get up to the back to sit with a couple of his other friends, and there are no railings on the side of most of the bleachers at my HS, so he falls off...and breaks his fucking hip. He's 15, he weighs about 200-something pounds, and he falls from near the top of the bleachers and breaks his hip. It was hilarious. And a few months later he somehow broke his ankle, so I was the one who helped him get his shit out of the classroom early and escort him to the next one. We're on the second floor of one of the halls, and he asks me to help him down the stairs, but the bell rings, so people start pouring down. Another one of his friends take his crutches, and I just fireman's carry the fat fuck down the flight of stairs to the bottom floor. This kid still has a ton of bad luck, since he tore his ACL just a few months ago when he got hit by a car while walking home from work, AND his ex-girlfriend is engaged (or so he says), AND his father is a creepy douchebag.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I skipped school about 30% of the time my last half of senior year and never once got in trouble. I already had enough credits to graduate, they just wouldn't let me because I wasn't pregnant and didn't have any other extenuating circumstances. I think they were glad to be rid of me. Acid was clean and plentiful and thirty bucks for a ten strip. Pot was as common as cigarettes, and everyone but the churchy fucks smoked something and got trashed every single weekend and most weekdays.

Joke or not, it sadly describes most of my school days. I grew up in an uptight family, going to an uptight school, in an uptight town, and literally never had the chance to ever do anything bad. To the kids who say "you're pathetic if you don't get laid in high school", I say, how exactly are you supposed to do that when you don't have a car and your parents never let you hang out with other kids? And as for skipping school, forget it. You were punished if you were absent more than three days per semester, and this includes having a note from your parents AND they called your folks to confirm it. (If you didn't have a live parent on the phone to confirm the note, you were punished on the first absence.) So when I read stuff like this:

I skipped school about 30% of the time my last half of senior year and never once got in trouble. I already had enough credits to graduate, they just wouldn't let me because I wasn't pregnant and didn't have any other extenuating circumstances. I think they were glad to be rid of me. Acid was clean and plentiful and thirty bucks for a ten strip. Pot was as common as cigarettes, and everyone but the churchy fucks smoked something and got trashed every single weekend and most weekdays.

it makes me want to weep big fat tears for my raped and wasted childhood. Especially since being so repressed and stifled as a kid played a part in doing way too much partying once I got into my twenties.

Freshman year for me were like the years you're supposed to have at college, but with no sex. I was a nose tackle in football, hung out with every kind of group, and started drinking and smoking (more) around Thanksgiving of fresh year. Did acid on New Year's Eve. I'll be known for the only guy to record 3 sacks in one game as a rookie, but I never got coverage in the local paper, not even in the school paper... since I was missing games consistently because of bad grades. I think I still had an ego back then, as I was quite upset and hit a running big boot on one of my walls... but my foot got stuck and I got a severe ankle sprain, missed the rest of the football season, and couldn't join wrestling just to be kicked of the team for grades. I ended up ditching towards the end.

Sophmore year was more of the same, but shit I don't know. Oh got arrested first day of October for ditching school and hanging around to many minorities. I had some "community service" which meant helping out janitors after school. I never did shit as I always worked with a dude from Jamaica who didn't do shit. We'd shoot the shit for a few hours and this dude was a animator/programmer who was trying to create some game where Shrek or some shit fights dragons and tolls and learns math at the same time for kids 3-10. Another good thing about this "community service" was the fact every chick who got into some trouble was hot... or at least cute, horny, and had weed. There were plenty of times we would just sneak of to a part in the English/History building, have a joint and then I'd get a BJ. good times.

Junior year I can't remember... I think of my days I was still in the public school system... for like 122 days, and I ditched like 80 or 90 of em. In fact my last quarter I got an F in everything. Which depressed my history teach and old football coach who was the last to sign my transcript or whatever as I left for the home school" program, which they try to pass off like a public school since you go to a site once or twice a week and turn in work and get some new work. They try to pass it off like it's the grade level of work you'd be doing in high school but in reality, everything is dumbed down to the 6th grade... except for math. By the way, all of you who are excellent at math and like to brag about it... go fuck yourselves. I had my "teacher" let me grade my own work as I told him I wasn't going to show up here everyday and stay for two hours for the bullshit algebra class and he's like I feel ya man. He told me, "I'll let you grade your own work... you know, see and learn from your mistakes." all that fucker needed was wink during this moment.

Anyway "home school" was awesome. Plenty of hot chicks I remember from high school having to transfer into this program for a month or two at a time since they fucked around and all that. But most of them would transfer out... since they still wanted a legit high school graduation. I didn't... fuck highschool.

Oh yeah, before home school everyone thought I had the reading comprehension of an 8 or 9 year old... as I would never take a test seriously, but then it turns out I'm just very fucking unmotivated for the mundane.

My GPA was like 0.37 and I was able to raise it up to a 3.2 but I graduated a year later... since I fucked around in that program too. Nearly everyone of my friends did the same thing... work was supposed to take 5 to 6 hours everyday, but we would just drink and smoke weed all the time and end up doing the work at 4 in the morning... 3 or 4 hours from going in to return a weeks worth of work.

This is what made me the man I am today...

...This is what made me the man that I am today...

...Fuck no wonder I have so many problems.

Going by this you and me would have crossed paths if we were at the same school. You probably would of thought of me as a douchebag and I would of screwed you out of some drugs on occasions, but it would have been alright.

I went into High School as a sophmore (spend 9th grade in Junior High which went from grades 6-9). My first year there was pretty rough, I didn't really have any friends. I had people I hung out with in school but would never see or talk to outside of it. It got even worse in my junior year as the first semester I was starting to make friends but the second semester, they all pretty much dissapeared which made me miserable for awhile. Senior year though, was amazing, had a bunch of great buddies that I still hang out with to this day, starting dating a little and all the adventures I had I wouldn't trade for anything in the world.

Academic wise, I did pretty average in my sophmore and beginning of junior year but everything started to pick up in my senior year and I graduated with a pretty high GPA and good ranking in my class.

Guest Epic Narcissism

These threads are better when there are specific anecdotes. Don't just say you had a decent four years. For example, one time in jazz ensemble rehearsal, I played a crappy solo because I was gassed by the end of the day, so I kicked a chair across the room. Just picked it up and kicked it really hard and yelled "FUCK IT." I was probably kind of out of line!

The girl that sat next to me in homeroom was one of those fucking pep girls. She wouldn't take a joke about anything. I tried to single-handedly put the worst people in all the committees and prom courts, etc, but she was the cog in the system. It would've been perfect. Whore.

In math class one time, my teacher brought in this scale to weigh shit, and one of my friends was pressing on it to make the little needle jump back and forth. The teacher was a pretty young girl, and was getting mad about fucking around on the scale, afraid that it was going to break. It did, and she just looked at us and said "G-........AAAAAAAAAANUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!"

At a party, this girl accidentally left the blinds open on the window that she was having sex by. 200 people saw her vagina that day, including myself.

My friend Amy, in an entirely joking manner, decided to give me scoops as she walked by me in the hall one day during...I think junior year, because I was single and had short hair. Yeah, must've been junior year. Anyways, a few of you might remember her, but in case you don't...here you go. It's her MySpace, but there's still some alright pics on it.

For those of you unfamiliar with scoops, it's when somebody comes up to you and cups your genitals as a means of shock and humor. There's not much else to it, and when done right it can be fucking hilarious. So she scooped me in the hall, which was a fucking tease because she knew I thought she was the sexiest person I'd ever met, and I ended up having to fight a massive erection in the middle of chemistry class. Sucked.

So then I see her in the hall later in the day. She starts laughing over earlier, we stop and crack a joke, and then I reach down...and scoop her right the fuck back. I walk away immediately afterwards, and all she can do is choke out laughter. She never let me live that down for the next, oh, 6 months or so. She brought it up the last time I ran into her, randomly, at a gas station my company has an account out when I was filling up the delivery van's tank before a run to Weymouth. She still remembered.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Going by this you and me would have crossed paths if we were at the same school. You probably would of thought of me as a douchebag and I would of screwed you out of some drugs on occasions, but it would have been alright.

I didn't run around with many jocks, and I've always had reliable drug dealers.

I wasn't really a jock, I didn't really have a group... I sort of would just hang out with a friend for a week who was a part of some other group, get to know them and then move on to different friend the next week. It's weird as the years went on they just sort of started hanging out with each other also, which it was funny watching the geek down the street from me get in real tight with one of the bloods I knew.

These threads are better when there are specific anecdotes. Don't just say you had a decent four years. For example, one time in jazz ensemble rehearsal, I played a crappy solo because I was gassed by the end of the day, so I kicked a chair across the room. Just picked it up and kicked it really hard and yelled "FUCK IT." I was probably kind of out of line!

You save that Bobby Knight shit for college.