TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gert T

Desert Island Draft Thread

Samoa Joe vs. Ebessan vs. Jack Evans vs. Delirious

ROH The Final Showdown

Dayton, OH

May 13, 2005

Great comedy match here. If you have never seen it before, I highly recommend it.

Products__1303_14.jpg

Can't find a pic of the match but my next pick is:

Rey Mysterio & Edge vs. Chris Benoit & Kurt Angle - WWE Tag Team Championship - WWE No Mercy 2002 - October 20, 2002

Tournament finals to crown the first "WWE tag champs"

One of the best tag matches ever right in the middle of the "Smackdown Six" era.

My bad...overlooked it I guess. Ok then my real pick:

200px-WMVIIsgt.jpg

Hulk Hogan vs. Sgt. Slaughter. WWF Championship. Wrestlemania 7. March 24, 1991.

One of the first matches I really remember as a kid. I've probably seen this match 20 times. Lots of blood and a happy ending to a good Wrestlemania.

Hey guys.. sorry for holding you all up, I didn't think my go would come around this quickly.

I need me some Rumble viewing.. So I take the 2000 edition, won by the Great One himself, The Rock.

Royal Rumble 2000 - Rumble match

51J8VR99P7L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I will update the board later tonight.

With my 16th pick, I select:

Edge v. John Cena/WWE Championship/TLC Match/Unforgiven '06

032dreamer_edited.jpg

Tommy Dreamer & The Sandman vs. The Dudleys

ECW One Night Stand

6/11/2005

Full entrances, all the run-ins, post match stuff, everything included. The match its self is alright, but the whole rigamorole is a great big nostalgia mark out for ECW fans. Having not seen it for years, and being convinced that they wouldn't use the real music, the "Enter Sandman" entrance gave me chills. Then the bWo shows up. Then everybody else and the whole thing turns into a clusterfuck. The match is practically an afterthought. I'd like to include the post-match fight between ECW and the invaders, but if I can't then that's alright too.

Decent pick. I didn't even watch ECW in the 90s and I got into that match. It's probably gonna take me a while to come up with my next choice, but hopefully I'll have it up soon.

EDIT: Eh, fuck it.

undertaker-batista-wrestlemania23-preview.jpg

The Undertaker vs. Batista - World Heavyweight Championship - Wrestlemania 23

I need at least one match from 1997 on here:

z110780899.jpg

WWF Championship match: The Undertaker [c] vs. Bret Hart, Summerslam, August 3, 1997

I loved the stips for this match -- if Bret didn't win the title, he was barred from wrestling in the US. But his nemesis Shawn Michaels was the special referee. But if he didn't call the match down the middle, HE was barred from wrestling in the US. One of Undertaker's better matches here, and I get Bret's final WWF title win to boot.

Big board is updated, and al is up for two picks.

I am going to be at Special Olympics from Friday morning until Sunday afternoon. I will send a list of picks to people so the draft keeps moving.

12 hours has elapsed, so here's my next pick. It further satisfies my desire for 1997 WWF matches, and gives me a match with both Owen Hart and HBK, neither of whom I have in a match (other than as a referee) yet:

2.jpg

WWF Tag Team Championship match: Owen Hart and The British Bulldog [c] vs. Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels, Monday Night RAW, May 25, 1997

Full entrances, all the run-ins, post match stuff, everything included. The match its self is alright, but the whole rigamorole is a great big nostalgia mark out for ECW fans. Having not seen it for years, and being convinced that they wouldn't use the real music, the "Enter Sandman" entrance gave me chills. Then the bWo shows up. Then everybody else and the whole thing turns into a clusterfuck. The match is practically an afterthought. I'd like to include the post-match fight between ECW and the invaders, but if I can't then that's alright too.

I always said during the build-up to this match that even as a long-time ECW mark, I didn't get off on seeing them beat up WWE stars. Having said that: they beat the shit out of Bischoff. This was a great moment for marks, and a fantastic pick.

If it doesn't make a difference to anybody, I'm going to allow Ravenbomb to make his pick whenever he wants because at the moment I don't have a match in mind and I'm about to go to bed so I won't be making a pick by 10 AM. I'll just post my pick when I come up with it.

If it doesn't make a difference to anybody, I'm going to allow Ravenbomb to make his pick whenever he wants because at the moment I don't have a match in mind and I'm about to go to bed so I won't be making a pick by 10 AM. I'll just post my pick when I come up with it.

No reason that shouldn't be acceptable.

RnB, go on wit' cha' bad self.

Nevermind, I have a match. I wanted an ironman match and I remember this one being pretty good.

215px-TripleH-Pedigree.jpg

Chris Benoit vs. Triple H - World Heavyweight Championship - Ironman Match - Raw - 7/26/04

Products__807_14.jpg

Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk

10/16/04

I'm a little surprised this one is still up for grabs. One of the matches that put the newer entity of ROH on the map, and the one that made me a CM Punk fan and a Samoa Joe fan.

With GerT gone, do I just PM the next guy on the list or what?

No I am still here until Friday.

I thought about adding "volunteering" at Special Olympics, but I figured that would be implied, maybe not!

With my 17th pick, I select:

post-2806-1214459395.jpg

Mick Foley & The Rock v. Ric Flair, Randy Orton & Batista/Wrestlemania XX/March 20, 2004

I love the build. Orton's "we know who you are gonna call & we don't care". The Evolution interview in the stairwell, and the match was very good too.

With my 17th pick, I select:

post-2806-1214459395.jpg

Mick Foley & The Rock v. Ric Flair, Randy Orton & Batista/Wrestlemania XX/March 20, 2004

I love the build. Orton's "we know who you are gonna call & we don't care". The Evolution interview in the stairwell, and the match was very good too.

I second the pre-taped stairwell promo. Vintage, ECW-style stuff.

Flair and Rock in the ring together at WrestleMania was unforgettable.

Good selection.

With my next pick, I choose:

8583606.jpg

Adrian Adonis & Dick Murdoch vs. Jack & Gerry Brisco - WWF Tag Team Championship - December 28, 1984 (MSG)

I saw this match on Death Valley Driver Message Board's Top WWF matches of the 80's DVD collection. As I voter, I had to rank the matches from 1 to 100. This was the match I ranked at #1. Beautiful wrestling, selling, bumping and, best of all, cheating. Adonis & Murdoch are simply awesome.

If you have the time, please watch and enjoy: http://www.dailymotion.com/MXNT41/video/x5...co-brothe_sport

Ric Flair & Razor Ramon vs. Mr. Perfect & Macho Man Randy Savage

The 6th Annual Survivor Series

Richfield, OH

November 25, 1992

efcf9833e7a080293c9e0110_AA280_L.jpg

Ah, the Mr. Perfect face turn. One of my favorite angles of all time. In an age where wrestlers who don't get along are forced to team up on a weekly basis, I can honestly say that this match is far more intriguing than anything going on today. Could Savage trust Perfect? Was it just a rouse set up by Flair and Ramon? At the time I, along with most fans, had no idea about Hennig and Hall's association going back to the AWA, so that was another thing that I grew to appreciate with age. I even liked the non-finish pandemonium.

The post-match turkey-slapping was awesome too.

I see the other two Mania matches between the two have been taken, but i'm surprised this one is still on the board.

WrestleMania XV - Stone Cold vs The Rock

WWF Championship

Notes: -TITLE CHANGE- Vince was on his way to referee, but WWF Commissioner Shawn Michaels appeared and told him to hit the bricks. The match went through three referees, until Mankind came down to officiate. McMahon came down to ringside, and got stunned after Austin won. JR returned to commentate this match.

51FKE4KGF3L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

wm_xxiv_05_mayweather_01.jpg

Big Show vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wrestlemania 24. March 30, 2008.

Fun match to watch. WWE really hit one out of the park with this match. I expected it to be terrible but I think it was the best of the 3 main events. HD makes it even better.

undertaker-gogoplata.jpg

Edge vs. The Undertaker/World Heavyweight Championship/Wrestlemania XXIV/March 30th, 2008

Well, there's been a few of the matches selected already, so I'm going to take the one I enjoyed 2nd most(first was HBK-Flair). I wasn't sure what to expect with this one, I figured Taker would win, but Edge put on a great match with both guys kicking out of finishers and of course, Taker winning with the submission. A cool match and a great way to end a giant spectacle like Wrestlemania.

The Undertaker vs. Mankind

Summerslam 1996, Boiler Room Brawl

A316DC52FD3644.jpg

A match ahead of it's time, at least in the WWF anyway. The single camera and the dingy environment really gave it a different feel from anything else I'd seen at the time. Overshadowed now by Hell In A Cell, but at the time this was an important success.

I had meant to write that I could again be skipped. My apologies. Skip me if I come around again before Sunday, I'll be hit or miss after tomorrow afternoon.

Match one shows how good Adonis & Murdoch were as a team. A great six-man that aired on 24/7 several months ago.

Wild Samoans & Sgt. Slaughter vs. Adrian Adonis, Dick Murdoch and Capt. Lou Albano - MSG

Second match, I'll throw a nod to one of the forgotten classics of the '90s. Probably the first **** match I ever saw.

Lightning Kid vs. Jerry Lynn - Global (2/3 Falls, Light Heavyweight Title)