- 6x Pro Bowl Selection

- 1 SB Ring

The Stats

- 1,173 tackles

- 128 sacks

- 40 forced fumbles & 29 fumble recoveries

- 13.5 sacks in 1992 at age 34

- Converted to DE in 1994 at age 36 and in 1995 he had 9.5 sacks

Probably not as celebrated as other players but he was a member of the Dome Patrol in New Orleans and not only would he be devastating in my 3-4 defense but he'd be able to make the big plays left and right like all my players on defense should be. He averaged 8.5 sacks per season and 3 forced fumbles a year. That now gives me 2 players who between them could get 6 FF a year and still kill the QB with a sack.

Nice last three picks, all solid defensive players.

And Shawne is already working on his legend. 3 All-Pro's, part of the Eli deal (right?), Lights Out, suspended for steroid use.

Nice last three picks, all solid defensive players.

And Shawne is already working on his legend. 3 All-Pro's, part of the Eli deal (right?), Lights Out, suspended for steroid use.

Correct, he was drafted by the Chargers with the 12th pick in 2005, which they got from the Giants the year before.

He also wailed somebody with a judo stick at the most recent WWE pay-per-view.

Well, I definitely need a pass rusher right now. It was a tough choice considering all the great players still out there, but I finally decided on...

richardflying.jpg

Richard Dent

4x Pro Bowl selection (1984, 1985, 1990, 1993)

5x All-Pro selection (1984, 1985, 1988, 1990, 1993)

Super Bowl XX MVP

Tied for 6th all-time in sacks (137.5)

This guy really should be in the Hall of Fame already, but I'll gladly take him on my team regardless. Simply a dominant player as well as a great athlete (8 INT's at DE). I wasn't trying to recreate the '85 Bears (especially being a Lions' fan), but hey, who wouldn't want Singletary and Dent on their defense?

nogoodnic takes

WR - Terrell Owens

TerrellOwens.jpg

5x All-Pro selection (2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2007)

6x Pro Bowl selection (2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007)

Receptions 882

Receiving Yards 13,070

Receiving average 14.8

Receiving TDs 129

Nic says his team is too nice... so... here's T.O.

He's nice like how black people say things are "nice" not like how your aunt does.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

football%20-%20tomlandry1.jpg

That's a fuckin' football coach, there.

I consider him the father of the NFL as we know it. The 4-3 defense? That's his. Flex defense? Him too. Motion offense? Perfected by him. A focus on keying certain players and analyzing tendencies of offenses as part of an overall defensive gameplan? Check. The Yin to Lombardi's Yang with the Giants during the 50's. Twenty straight winning seasons in Dallas? Not done by any other team in NFL history. Tom Landry.

His brilliance behind the greatest defensive minds and bodies in the history of professional football. This isn't going to be a tough defense, this is going to be an unstoppable killing machine.

harrison.jpg

I'm not sure people realize just how many records this guy actually holds. He averages 86 catches a season, which is an NFL record. Most receptions in a single season, as we all know, with 143. Only player to have 50 or more receptions in his first 11 seasons in NFL history. Caught a pass in every game of his career until December 31st 2006, which is another record. 8 time pro bowler, super bowl winner, Marvin Harrison

I continue with my effort to reunite the All 90's Defense with...

Aeneas_medium.jpg

Aeneas Williams - CB

8x Pro Bowl

5x All Pro

90's All Decade Team

55 career INT's

795 career tackles

I'd say he's also being inducted to the Cardinals Ring of Fame or whatever this season, but that might seem like damning him with faint praise. Even though he played for a shitty team for his best years, he's still a tremendous individual player and gives me my ace corner. Hopefully Harley plans on drafting a RB who can block.

Give me time and I'll grab a few RBs who can block but honestly, RB isn't that important for my Run & Shoot team so it's allowing me to focus on defense and other offensive positions.

Guest Vitamin X

What? Oh shit I didn't know it was my turn. Hold up a second, I'll make a pick.

AADZ023~Jack-Tatum-Fallen-Prey-Posters.jpg

S JACK THE MUTHAFUCKIN ASSASSIN TATUM

"I like to believe that my best hits border on felonious assault."

Career Stats

INT 37

INT yards 736

Games 136

Career Highlights and Awards

* 3x Pro Bowl selection (1973, 1974, 1975)

* 5x All-Pro selection (1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977)

* Paralyzed some Patriot motherfucker legally, while in a game. It goes without saying, one of the hardest hitters to ever play the game.

I figured with all the great wide receivers going, and already having Woodson and Harrison, this was the last guy I needed to ensure that I had the most murderous secondary available. Got Moss? Rice, Harrison, Michael "break his neck like a pussy on hard turf" Irvin? Bring it. No running game defense- yet- but with all the defenders I have, including Hendricks, there's no way any team is going to have the ability to pass on me. I need another corner, sure, but with the three I already have, I can definitely wait until the later rounds. I figured I should take him now because I had a feeling Agent was eyeing him at some point later, and I didn't want to be left without having the awesome Harrison/Tatum safety duo.

Memothentic_WebBanner_Casper.jpg

WR - Dave Casper

Career Stats

Receptions 378

Receiving Yards 5,216

Touchdowns 52

Career Highlights and Awards

5x Pro Bowl selection (1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980)

2x Super Bowl champion (XI, XV)

NFL 1970s All-Decade Team

Probably a reach, but I'm very tired. Not in the best frame of mind to pick.

# 6x Pro Bowl selection (1999, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006)

# 5x All-Pro selection (1999, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006)

Brian Dawkins.

bdawk.jpg

Maybe the best safety left, maybe not. But I needed one.

p1_sharpe_shannon.jpg

Shannon Sharpe, TE

Receptions: 815 (2nd all-time among TEs)

Receiving yards: 10,060 (1st all-time among TEs)

Touchdowns: 62 (2nd all-time among TEs)

8x Pro Bowl selection (1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001)

6x All-Pro selection (1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998)

3x Super Bowl champion (XXXII, XXXIII, XXXV)

NFL 1990s All-Decade Team

My incredibly biased choice for greatest tight end ever. Excelled as a receiver, and a very good blocking tight end as well. And he owns one of my favourite athlete quotes ever: "Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!"

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Marvin Harrison being the 7th receiver taken in the draft is a crock of shit. I'd take him over every active WR selected without flinching.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

That's ballsy, but I could make that argument too.

I wouldn't without flinching, but Harrison makes a case for #2, definitely. Historical perspective and all that.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I have a draft prediction.

Bored takes Jim Kelly this round and Gert gets pissed.

That's ballsy, but I could make that argument too.

I wouldn't without flinching, but Harrison makes a case for #2, definitely. Historical perspective and all that.

If prime takes a priority over longevity then I wouldn't call him unquestionable #2. But his consistency, in my book at least, counts for a lot.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

9 Teams have yet to choose a QB. I'm not taking Kelly, and someone's going to blink soon.

JJ Johnson and I had an argument about whether or not Harrison was a good pick. I think it pretty clearly is. His argument was that he has Peyton throwing to him.

I feel like I got a steal with Curtis Martin too, but I'm a Jet fan.