TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

Might as well get this thread started up again...

Cage Rage tidbt: Vitor Ribeiro choked out Jean Silva in the 2nd round, further cementing his #2 LW ranking and also showing that he's not going to get much competition outside of Shooto or Bushido.

Is he working on a contract with Cage Rage, or just accepting one fight deals all over the place?

I don't know why he doesn't sign with PRIDE. More money + better competition + more recognition = obvious choice. It's not like he can't handle that top competition either.

Guest Brian

This is a little iffy news item that was relayed to me from someone at AMC Pankration, about Lindland. Supposedly, the idea is that Lindland is going to clean house in PRIDE at 185 before making his return to the UFC, if Hendo doesn't win. One can only assume who they're hoping for:

2661.jpg

Guest Brian
So he's gonna have one fight with the winner then leave? I imagine if he does well he'd just stay, the money's good there.

From what I understand, he's going to stay there to clean out the weight class. He wants to fight in the US.

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson just informed InsideFighting that he is fighting at Pride 30 on October 23. Although Rampage said he couldn't pronounce the fighter's name, he said the guy was undefeated before fighting in Pride, where he faced Mario Sperry, "Minotauro" Nogueira, and Heath Herring. The only fighter that fits that description is Hirotaka Yokoi.

Guest Brian

According to InsidFighting, Bonnar broke his hand sparring. He says it's a clean break, which make things easier on him in terms of recovery, but will motherfucking unfortunately not be fighting on OCT 3. Man, I had a ton of expectations for that Irvin fight and was hoping Bonnar could start moving up the food chain.

The UFC should spend extra cash for Cro Cop vs. Arvlovski to headline one of their next shows. The UFC does not need to be exchanging 205 and below weight talent. The UFC needs heavyweight they can feed to Andrei if they have any hope for a credible (see: interesting) heavyweight division.

Don Frye, Mark Coleman, Tank Abbot, Dan Severn, Oleg Taktarov and Randy Couture wasn't a bad stable of heavyweight's for the UFC back in the mid 90's. Now, the heavyweight division is all slim pickings with no real intrigue or competition for Arvlovski to face.

The UFC should spend extra cash for Cro Cop vs. Arvlovski to headline one of their next shows.  The UFC does not need to be exchanging 205 and below weight talent.  The UFC needs heavyweight they can feed to Andrei if they have any hope for a credible (see: interesting) heavyweight division.

Don Frye, Mark Coleman, Tank Abbot, Dan Severn, Oleg Taktarov and Randy Couture wasn't a bad stable of heavyweight's for the UFC back in the mid 90's.  Now, the heavyweight division is all slim pickings with no real intrigue or competition for Arvlovski to face.

They need to get more foreign fighters. I can understand why they want a lot of Americans, for marketing purposes, but fighting is an international sport, and they need more foreign fighters.

Arlovski is the only foreign fighter I can think of that is a serious contender in UFC. I guess Babalu too.

Guest Brian
The UFC should spend extra cash for Cro Cop vs. Arvlovski to headline one of their next shows.  The UFC does not need to be exchanging 205 and below weight talent.  The UFC needs heavyweight they can feed to Andrei if they have any hope for a credible (see: interesting) heavyweight division.

Don Frye, Mark Coleman, Tank Abbot, Dan Severn, Oleg Taktarov and Randy Couture wasn't a bad stable of heavyweight's for the UFC back in the mid 90's.  Now, the heavyweight division is all slim pickings with no real intrigue or competition for Arvlovski to face.

They need to get more foreign fighters. I can understand why they want a lot of Americans, for marketing purposes, but fighting is an international sport, and they need more foreign fighters.

Arlovski is the only foreign fighter I can think of that is a serious contender in UFC. I guess Babalu too.

Don't forget St. Pierre.

I'm not sure it's a business ambition of Dana White's to see his champ's head get kicked off. If it happened I'd watch it and love it regardless, though I'd rather see them bring in Khanitorov (sp?) or Fedor. Fedor in a cage would be fine.

I think Arlovski would beat Cro Cop myself, and I even think he'd beat Noguiera from pillar to post. Fedor would be a different story of course. Fedor in a cage = the best gnp you will ever see.

Arlovski vs. Fedor would be interesting in that I think he's really quick on the feet and can tag Fedor, but I think in recent years his takedown defense is much improved, as witnessed by his fight against Vladdy. Most people expected him to be taken down at will, but it turned out to be just the opposite. Of course Fedor is a much better striker than Vladdy, and probably a lot more explosive, but it would still be an interesting matchup.

I think Arlovski would beat Cro Cop myself, and I even think he'd beat Noguiera from pillar to post. Fedor would be a different story of course. Fedor in a cage = the best gnp you will ever see.

Arlovski vs. Fedor would be interesting in that I think he's really quick on the feet and can tag Fedor, but I think in recent years his takedown defense is much improved, as witnessed by his fight against Vladdy. Most people expected him to be taken down at will, but it turned out to be just the opposite. Of course Fedor is a much better striker than Vladdy, and probably a lot more explosive, but it would still be an interesting matchup.

Guest Brian

Would you say the same of Lee Murray? Arlovski? St. Pierre's still pretty foreign, given the heavy frog-cent and the extreme politeness.

Anyways, anyone love that we're talking about MMA on four different sections of the board (we need a UFC or PRIDE video game to discuss)?