TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

I still think Marquadt/Salaverry was just as bad as Jordan/Gonzaga, if not worse given the circumstances. Jordan/Gonzaga was just two guys not fighting well at all. Marquadt/Salaverry was two guys who didn't have to balls to fight to win.

Plus no one really expected anything great out of the HW fight, while lots of people were stoked at the prospect of two top MW's going at it. Then again, these are the schmucks who voted Randy Couture as Fighter of the Year in 2004, so this is not really unexpected.

Guest Army Eye
http://www.youtube.com/w/MURILO-NINJA-vs-M...V?v=ww9mggo3eGo

WOW! This is a fucking sweet match from PRIDE 30. Non-stop action, lots of swings.

Ninja is awesome. Such an underrated fighter, whichi I guess comes from being in a really stacked divison and also due to some bogus losses by decision in my opinion, but man, the guy goes balls out every minute of every match, never gets tired, and you never know what he's gonna do. One of those guys who is always exciting to watch. He even got a decent match out of Ricardo Snoreona :o

Is anyone feeling the same thing I am, that Nick Diaz is the biggest whiny punk bitch loser in MMA right now? He impressed the fuck outta me when he would take it to guys like Lawler in the past, but ever since the fight with Sanchez, he just seems like a crybaby now. Now add this shit at the hospital with a sucker punch and the guy is really giving himself and the UFC community a bad name overall. Sure, he's the biggest antithesis of a heel they got right now, and as such, I'd love to see him just get fucking brutalized, but this kind of shit he's pulled now during the last two fights he's had in UFC is just not needed in MMA, period.

Is anyone feeling the same thing I am, that Nick Diaz is the biggest whiny punk bitch loser in MMA right now? He impressed the fuck outta me when he would take it to guys like Lawler in the past, but ever since the fight with Sanchez, he just seems like a crybaby now. Now add this shit at the hospital with a sucker punch and the guy is really giving himself and the UFC community a bad name overall. Sure, he's the biggest antithesis of a heel they got right now, and as such, I'd love to see him just get fucking brutalized, but this kind of shit he's pulled now during the last two fights he's had in UFC is just not needed in MMA, period.

If he took the sucker-punch shot at Riggs post-fight while they were still in the cage, acting under UFC guidelines and rules, you'd be right. Fact of the matter is that it was two guys sorting each other out in a hospital. Them being UFC fighters is a moot point and I hardly see how shit like this gives the sport a bad name.

And Diaz has made more of a name for himself with this incident then if he'd have just gone home and watched TV or gone to a bar and chilled.

LOTC- Thinks MMA needs a wee bit more trash-talkers like Nick Diaz.

I liked the after pictures of Sinosic. If I were in his shape, I wouldn't be posing for pictures when I could be passed out.

"Hey, look, Elvis Sinosic is bloody and bruised. Let's get pictures!"

The contrast of him before the fight and after is great.

Guest TheJuice31

I've been trying to get into MMA and am just wondering if there any sites out there to dl stuff from UFC, Pride, etc?

Youtube is good. I hadn't seen Chuck vs. Rampage in a long time, and don't remember it being that good, but apparently it was a great fucking fight where Chuck was owned. Being a Chuck fan it's gonna be hard to see him yelp from the vicious body shots, but I still think Chuck would clearly own the rematch. He's a long way removed from the flat footed fighter that was picked apart by Rampage and Randy. The more I think about it the more I feel he's a surprisingly similar fighter to Takanori Gomi. Gomi is more willing to go to the ground, but only if it occurs from Knockdown. His loss to BJ Penn is very similar to how Chuck lost to Randy and Rampage.

Guest Brian

Which works out really well for them, since they don't have to throw him to the wolves (Franklin, or even Doerksen again) immediately.

This all goes back to Swick being injured sucking ass for two reasons:

1) We didn't get Swick/Rivera

2) It shut Leben out from participating in UFC 58 where a Doerkson rematch would've been tailor-made. Even though El Dirte is probably on his last strike against Marquadt if he looks good in losing (which he did against Lindland) they'll probably still bring him back just to settle Lebens only loss.

I disagree in a way.

We were spoiled by PRIDE putting on these supercards for the past few years so that when they come out with "Regular" cards, they lack excitement. But if you look at the matches they are putting up, there's a lot of fun shit on this. We're gonna get a Rizzo squash, we're gonna get a Rampage squash, and we're gonna get a Mark Hunt squash, so all that should be fun. Then there are matches like Barnett/Nak, Sergei/Overeem, Tamura/Nog, Sperry/Kohsaka, and Shogun/Coleman that has the possibility to be very competitive and very fun matches. I think this is going to be a very entertaining card, it's just not a very relevant card.

As for PRIDE in general, they don't have any contenders for their champions right now, whereas the UFC has a ton, so you can get excited about stuff whereas with PRIDE we can't really see anything happening in the future. The BUSHIDO shows did a good job in building up guys, and I hope they continue along that line in 06, so I won't make a final judgement on PRIDE until the next BUSHIDO line up is released.