TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

Hypothetical question for you guys: If Cyborg/Gina goes the distance, does Jared Shaw do everything he can to pull a Vince McMahon and have Gina get the decision? I think Cyborg's going to pretty much have to tap her or knock her out.

This is just me speaking here but I'd think the exact opposite, especially after the "Petruzelli KO Bonus" debacle and the subsequent shellacking he recieved from the entire MMA community.

Not really. A loss would make him look mortal and likely motivate him to stick around and break fools en route to a rematch with Cote. If he smashes Pee Coat like we all assume he will there's not much waiting for him at 185 besides a fight against the coaches of the next TUF. 205 is where his money fights are- Silva (Both of them), Shogun, Chuck and Forrest.

Could there ever be a chance for an Anderson/Machida fight?

Most likely no. I think they'd fight each other, but UFC would most likely never make the fight. Silva is just now starting to make money. Lyoto is someone that no one has come close to figuring out. Silva might be able to, but it's still dangerous. Lyoto's no slouch in any department. If Lyoto won at LHW, it wouldn't really do much since Silva's only fought once there in UFC.

As for Silva's career...It'd probably be good for him to lose. Do I think Cote will? Fuck no. Do I think a LHW could? Probably. There's people at LHW that would give Silva a pretty good fight if only because their so tough and strong. I would *KILL* to see Wanderlai vs. Anderson. Now that, would be a damn interesting fight.

In MW? No. I don't see anyone in that division being even in the same stratosphere as Silva. I'd be interested to see Silva face the winner of Bisping/Leben if only because it'd easily be the highest profile fight Silva's had at MW. I don't think either would have a shot, but that's about the only direction they could go.

I doubt that. Leben's won two in a row both by KO/TKO. If he beats Bisping in a live special on TV in the main event, by virtue of default he'd become the top contender.

If the fight would go any differently, probably not, but it's not like UFC has this magical stockpile of fighters that Silva hasn't beaten. Okami and Maia are the only "top" names they really have, and neither are established enough to main event a PPV.

Leben in theory at worst would be able to help spark a high TV rating, if not a halfway decent buyrate depending on how Leben looks against Bisping, and how they built it.

I don't think Chris Leben can ever challenge for a title with Silva as champ. I mean, it's just that something like 49 seconds of one of the best ass-kickings ever automatically pops into peoples heads.

Rampage is going to be too busy recouping for another axe-murdering to care about stepping up against Andy.

Knew you would make a smart ass comment like that, still suprising considering it backfired on you when you were so sure Big Dog was going to tap Cote like nothing... Rampage/Wanderlei could go either way, Rampage could very well beat Wanderlei, nor should it be suprising... Doubt we'll see a shitty stand up when Rampage has top position this time.

All I'm saying don't bank on things until the fight actually happens... I remember the argument excatly, I was talking about how TUF4 fighters went on to have decent-great careers after the show, and I used Cote as an example. I stated that Cote was a contender on the verge of a #1 contender fight, and you said in a smart-ass way that he was "about to get tapped by Big Dog", and I told you don't make comments like that until the fight actually happens and stop taking away from Cote's accomplishments. Cote ended up winning, making you look foolish for saying that. It's alright, it happens to best of us, I thought Big Dog was problay going to win as well, but I wasn't as sure as you and wasn't ready to make statements like that.

Rampage/Wanderlei still hasn't happend, and there is a great chance Rampage will win that fight, so don't assume Rampage can't win that fight, and stating that Rampage/Anderson can't happen because he's gonna get an ass kicking from Wandy, when it remains to be seen. That's all I'm saying.

I looked foolish because I sided with the majority of ingelligent fans? Ooooookay.

And seriously, use words when they're in the correct form. Case in point, "backfired". The only way my prediction of Cote getting tapped could've backfired is if he'd have hit a flying armbar on Almeida for a submission win. Now THAT is something backfiring.

I looked foolish because I sided with the majority of ingelligent fans? Ooooookay.

And seriously, use words when they're in the correct form. Case in point, "backfired". The only way my prediction of Cote getting tapped could've backfired is if he'd have hit a flying armbar on Almeida for a submission win. Now THAT is something backfiring.

Only if you learn how to spell, "intelligent" right... :P

I was thinking about this today. If there is nobody left in the 185 division for Anderson and everyone wants him to move up to 205...why doesn't someone from 170 move up to challenge him? There are some strong, fast and exciting fighters down there that can give Silva a challenge.

I would like to see BJ/GSP winner challenge Anderson Silva... Other then them I can't see anyone from that division really challenging Anderson, as stacked as that division is. Koscheck has admit he's scared shitless of Anderson, and Alves style-wise is doesn't match up with Anderson well.

After rewatching GSP/Fitch, I think it's time for Jonny boy to get knocked out.

How would they build that fight? Fitch is a force at welterweight because he has a size advantage 95% of the fighters, at middleweight he would be lost in the shuffle. He would lose to pretty much all of the contenders.

I think Fitch can hang in there with Franklin, Okami and other top MWs. He's got a tough chin, good wrestling, submissions and GNP.

I think he would get KTFO by Silva, though. But he might last into the third round.

The person who I think can beat Silva is a good wrestler with good sub defense and decent GNP. Lutter and Hendo showed the style needed to beat Silva in the first round of both fights. Fitch might be able to do that.

I think Fitch can hang in there with Franklin, Okami and other top MWs. He's got a tough chin, good wrestling, submissions and GNP.

I think he would get KTFO by Silva, though. But he might last into the third round.

The person who I think can beat Silva is a good wrestler with good sub defense and decent GNP. Lutter and Hendo showed the style needed to beat Silva in the first round of both fights. Fitch might be able to do that.

Franklin would knock Fitch the fuck out, and Okami would overpower him for 3 rounds like he did Fitch's sparring partner Mike Swick. Like I said before, the reason why Fitch is so great at WW is because of his size advantage over the majority of the division... He was in trouble when he faced fighters like Diego, Roan Carneiro, and Chris Wilson... There is no doubt in my mind Okami could submit him, and Franklin would knock his head off his shoulders. Not to mention Paulo Filho would massacare him, and Henderson would make him his personal bitch.

Anderson Silva is more stronger then Fitch, and even if Fitch was able to take him down, there is no way he would be able to keep him down.

You're right about the gameplan to beat Anderson Silva, but you're wrong thinking Fitch could be the one to do that. DEAD fucking wrong.