TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
boobshaw

Step Brothers

I know there is an incessant amount of Will Ferrell hate here, but after watching the red band trailer to this movie, I can't help but be excited about it. This is the first R rated Ferrell comedy since Old School. It appears to actually have a semi-solid plot given the type of movie it is. You can't deny the buddy chemistry between Reilly and Ferrell. And some of the situations it appears they will find themselves in remind me of the old Spade/Farley days. In a summer with Pineapple Express, Get Smart and Tropic Thunder, it seems like people are overlooking this movie.

Hell, its the first Ferrell movie I have truly gotten exited about since Anchorman.

Red Band Trailer

Of course, I will be absolutely pissed if this comes out and is truly just another bit of recycled mess.

I've loved John C. for a while now. He was great in Boogie Nights (yeah that was a while ago) and he was probably the best part of Talledega Nights. Oh and Walk Hard may be one of my favorite movies ever.

I've loved John C. for a while now. He was great in Boogie Nights (yeah that was a while ago) and he was probably the best part of Talledega Nights. Oh and Walk Hard may be one of my favorite movies ever.

I'm torn on Walk Hard. One part of me loved it, and loves to quote some of its best scenes. The other side of me got really bored around half way through it. Maybe it was because I watched the extended cut, but the movie was funny at times, but just could barely hold my attention towards the end. I think it might have been the section where he was trying to create his masterpiece that just dragged on and killed the movie for me.

I watched the regular cut first and then the extended cut later. The extended cut really drags with the whole scene where he has his own show and he's married to Cheryl Teagues. It was a good thing that whole part ended up on the cutting room floor. In the regular cut he has his show and sings Walk Hard all goofy like, does the interview and then moves on. None of that extended mess with another wife and parties with 70's celebrities.