TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
foleyfanforever88

Video Game Desert Island draft

OK, I changed my mind. Upon further reflection, I don't know nearly enough about newer games to fill this up if my old favorites get taken, so I'm out.

I guess if foleyfanforever88 hasn't done it by then, I'll set this thing up starting tommorrow.

Yeah, it's still happening. I've been out most of the day. I'll have it ready sometime tonight.

OK, here are the rules and draft order, which I've also edited into the first post.

Rules

12-hour time frame for making your picks, once the time frame has passed, the people after you will begin drafting. You can make your pick at any time once you show up.

Once you've made your pick, PM the person who's next in line and let them know it's their pick. The NBA draft turned into a complete clusterfuck mainly because of people not doing this.

Serpentine order, meaning the order reverses in each round. (jwest will be picking first in odd-numbered rounds, and last in even-numbered rounds.)

Stick to the consoles and handhelds such as Game Boy, PSP, etc. Meaning no PC games, custom ROMs, etc.

No picking games which have multiple games in one (Mario All-Stars, Mega Man Anniversary, etc.)

Draft order

1. jwest27

2. CanadianChris

3. CandyColoredBlues

4. Black Lushus

5. Separate Ways

6. luke-o

7. crandamaniac

8. The Ghost of bps21

9. Jer

10. alfdogg

11. Youth N Asia

12. foleyfanforever88

13. The Man In Blak

14. Gert T

15. Porter

Since I just posted the order and jwest doesn't appear to be online, I'm not going to hold him to the time limit and will allow him to make his pick.

OK

Anyone else who wants in better speak up, because once jwest picks I'm not letting anyone else in.

Shiiit. I was not expecting to get the first pick. I had a pick all thought out, but I need to reevaluate it now. I'm gonna need a few minutes to think...

Edit: Well nevermind, i just saw the no PC games rule. I guess that makes my choice a lot easier.

Alf, Porter (Next USC#55) wants in...he's talking to me on his mobile yahoo messenger, he cant get to a PC right now to ask to hop in, so i'm asking for him.

Xbox_360_266_500.jpg

Chrono Trigger

Super Nintendo System, 1995

I've beaten this game so many times that I've lost count (and yes I've gotten the frog ending, Watson). Honestly I'm a little sick of it now due to doing pretty much everything you can possibly do in it, but I'm drafting games according to how much total enjoyment they've brought me, and Chrono Trigger is certainly number 1 in that regard.

Sorry for lateness...I would've picked last night, but the board was down and didn't come back up before I went to bed.

My pick is incredibly old school, and I don't know if anyone else would make this pick at #2, but this was the defining console game of my teenage years and is still eminently playable today (as I found out when I stumbled upon Virtual NES). This is the game I'd most like to have with me on a desert island:

super-mario-bros-3.jpg

Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES, 1990)

Sorry for lateness...I would've picked last night, but the board was down and didn't come back up before I went to bed.

My pick is incredibly old school, and I don't know if anyone else would make this pick at #2, but this was the defining console game of my teenage years and is still eminently playable today (as I found out when I stumbled upon Virtual NES). This is the game I'd most like to have with me on a desert island:

super-mario-bros-3.jpg

Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES, 1990)

I don't think it was going to be my first pick, but I also didn't think it would get down to me at #14 either. Great game.

well, CCB's time has passed, so alf gave me the go ahead:

SM.4.png

Super Metroid-Man do I love this game. This is a game I can always come back to time and time again. In 94, this game was so mind blowing. The graphics, the huge bosses, the awesome music (especially Ridley's theme). It's amazing how well it still holds up today. I'd take this over the Primes anyday.

goldeneye.jpg

Maybe this has been surpassed by other FPS games. I don't care. It's still my favorite shooter. I never had as much fun playing any game in multiplayer as I did playing Goldeneye with my brother, and I really enjoy the single-player mode too.

Fuck, sorry for the lateness.

final-fantasy-vii-cast.jpg

Final Fantasy VII

It's the only Final Fantasy game that I didn't say, "This shit's laaaame" about twenty minutes into, and I'm STILL playing it, although not as much as before.

Phoenix%20Wright%20Ace%20Attorney02.jpg

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Ninentdo Gameboy Advance (2001), Nintendo DS (2006)

Before 2006, Final Fantasy VII was the be all and end all of games for me. Then, I picked up a second hand copy of PW:AA for 15 quid and I've never looked back. This is the game that makes text based games look awesome. A wonderful script, great charaters, superb story arches and the best soundtrack Capcom has made since Mega Man 2.

Without a shadow of a doubt, my favourite game of all time.

Phoenix%20Wright%20Ace%20Attorney02.jpg

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Ninentdo Gameboy Advance (2001), Nintendo DS (2006)

Before 2006, Final Fantasy VII was the be all and end all of games for me. Then, I picked up a second hand copy of PW:AA for 15 quid and I've never looked back. This is the game that makes text based games look awesome. A wonderful script, great charaters, superb story arches and the best soundtrack Capcom has made since Mega Man 2.

Without a shadow of a doubt, my favourite game of all time.

With the idea of being on a deserted island...could you really play this game through over and over again? Once you beat it you kinda know what to do

Time elapsed...

51AZP0DZ1KL._SL500_.jpg

I don't like Star Wars.

And I had never really gotten into any kind of RPG before.

This game changed all of that (well...not the Star Wars part). Knights of the Old Republic is the game that made me grow up as a gamer. After this I was playing for more than just fun. I've honestly probably been chasing the high that the hours spent playing this game gave me. I've since found games that have given me great moments and been at times just as if not more enthralling than KOTOR was. But to this time, this is still my favorite game that I've ever played.