TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Exslade ZX

TSM Superhero Draft

Okay, so Captain America's the leader of my team. The last couple of picks have been kind of a strong guy arms race, so I'm going to pick someone who is as strong as Superman and as indestructible as Wolverine.

I'm picking one of my favorites who I'm positive isn't even a blip on most of you boards....

newgods1.jpg

Orion

The son of Darkseid is a real terror. Physically, he's unstoppable. He's got cooler gadgets than Batman; his Astro Harness allows him to fly and gives him all kinds of energy manipulation powers and his Mother Box gives him the greatest portable intelligence device EVER and gives him access to Boom Tubes, which would let my team get in and out of a place instantly.

kirby-orion.jpg

Alright, well just this week, this guy created a teleporter that transported across multiple galaxies....buy using a pile of scraps in Salvation run. And considering just how well he and Superman know each other, if they ever were working together...with his intelligence and Supes power...My second pick is, former president and mad scientist (how many people can say that):

Lex Luthor.

Luthor_bright.png

Lex Luthor may be one of the most gifted men alive. He is also a sociopath without regard for the pain or suffering of others. Lex appeared in Metropolis and built his technology company, Lexcorp. The company grew by leaps and bounds. With financial success comes political power and soon Luthor was considered to be the most powerful man in Metropolis

Lex2000.jpg

I had him on the back burner to pick. I think you're right that he wouldn't work as well on a team that didn't have superman. I think he would have been a mediocre pick for anyone else, but a good pick for you.

I think Lex and Supes have worked together in the past, but it's in a situation that suits Lex first and foremost.

I did debate between Lex and Nova, btw, but I came to a similar conclusion as TI in that if Lex isn't on a team with Supes his ego would dictate that he'd pretty much HAVE to lead, and I'm not sure that would be a viable situation for the team I want.

Oh my God, I'm SO stoked no-one picked my next pick:

gambit.jpg

Gambit!

Ever since I started reading comics, Gambit was my absolute favorite. People thought I was crazy because I chose Gambit over Wolvering, but c'mon...the dude throws exploding cards, and he has one of the coolest back stories I've seen in a long time.

And just because I think this pictures cool:

gambit12.jpg

I need a guy who's going to provide the super powerness that Batman won't be able to provide. Along with that, I want a guy who is smart, frightening, and just a bad ass that will overpower pretty much anyone he faces. This villain will provide all that and more (he's immortal, can teleport, can change shit into whatever he pleases, etc.). My next pick is none other than..

Apocalypse2.jpg

Apocalypse.

My next pick is my favorite Marvel superhero. This wouldn't be my team without him. He will provide some witty remarks, sarcastic comments, and loosen up the group from time to time. He was also part of the Weapon X program, which gave him the ability to regenerate (heal at tremendous speed), a ton of stamina, agility, and even strength. He can teleport, and fight with the best of them (excellent marksman as well). My next pick is the Merc with a mouth..

Deadpool-kuro.jpg

Deadpool.

Oh my God, I'm SO stoked no-one picked my next pick:

gambit12.jpg

Gambit!

From where I sit, he's all yours. Gambit sucks. Always has, always will.

My next pick, simply because of how cool I think, and will always think, he is:

carnage6.jpg

Carnage

ah fuck there goes my next pick

The next guy I've chosen was the sole reason for "World War 3" in the DC Universe. He showed when angered enough, he could take down most of the DC heroes all by himself.

Black Adam

286558-154482-black-adam_large.jpg

Essentially, he is gifted with six attributes of particular gods who are exemplars of them. He is as strong, fast, durable, powerful, knowing, and as possessed of inner strength as six gods who are pinnacles of those qualities. These powers are both magical and divine in nature. They are magical insofar as it was the Wizard Shazam who originally provided the link to the gods who empower Black Adam, but the powers themselves come directly from the six gods who lend their puissance to him

The next guy I've chosen was the sole reason for "World War 3" in the DC Universe. He showed when angered enough, he could take down most of the DC heroes all by himself.

Black Adam

286558-154482-black-adam_large.jpg

Essentially, he is gifted with six attributes of particular gods who are exemplars of them. He is as strong, fast, durable, powerful, knowing, and as possessed of inner strength as six gods who are pinnacles of those qualities. These powers are both magical and divine in nature. They are magical insofar as it was the Wizard Shazam who originally provided the link to the gods who empower Black Adam, but the powers themselves come directly from the six gods who lend their puissance to him

SONOVABITCH!!!! I that was who I was planning on taking this round.

The Sandman

sandman.jpg

One of my favorite immortals in comic books. So what would he get involved in something like this?

Mostly because of his inquisitiveness he would want to be part of such an adventure. Plus his reality shaping abilities would come in handy.

PS...if you guys don't consider him a super hero and want me to repick, I can understand and I'm cool with that.

That picture looks like David Bowie in Labyrinth. And I've never read it, or even heard much about it for that matter so whether he's a superhero I can't say.

As far as I'm concerned though, he is from comics, (or a graphic novel or whatever is) so that's fine with me..

Sandman's a great read and you should check it out. Definitely make sure you read it in order, because it can get somewhat overwhelming with its self references.

With my third round selection I choose...

Darkseid

darkseid1.png

Darkseid is the tyranical ruler of the planet Apokolips. His main power, the Omega Effect, is a form of energy that he fires from his eyes as either a concussive force or beams of disintegration, capable of erasing most objects and organisms from existence as well as reform them. He has pinpoint control of the beams and only a few have survived the beams energy. Darkseid possesses superhuman strength, stamina, and durability equivalent to the corresponding traits of Superman. He is also a master strategist.

Ronin(Barton)_Head.jpg

Clint Barton aka Ronin

He's a good supplement character that with his weapon proficency and hand-to-hand combat, he's a good fit. There were a few other people I wanted to pick but I felt that their personalities would've over-rode Hal's.

My third pick is...

ironfist.jpg

The Immortal Iron Fist!

Not only is the Immortal Iron Fist, aka Danny Rand, a martial arts master, but he's got mystical powers bestowed on him, due to proving himself worthy in the heavenly city of K'un L'un. Rand was chosen out of all the fighters in the city to face a powerful dragon, to which victory granted him the powers of the Iron Fist. He is the most recent in a long line of Iron Fists throughout the ages.

Rand is a vital part to my team because on Earth, he is incredibly wealthy, as he inherited the Rand Corporation. He has purchased numerous abandoned buildings in New York, and has connected them to allow him to travel through the city undetected, which will be useful in keeping my team hidden. Rand's money and stealth open lots of options for my band of do-gooders, and his mystical powers make him a powerful asset in combat.

Ah, two very interesting, and very good IMO martial artists type picks there. I stopped reading Marvel after Civil War, so I haven't really seen Ronin in action, but he used to be one of my favorites as Hawkeye when I was a kid.

alrighty, I can actually do a pick for once :P anyway here's my pick:

440px-Mysterio_(Quentin_Beck)_Head.jpg

MYSTERIO

Quentin Beck was born in Riverside, California. Before becoming Mysterio, Beck was a special-effects wizard and stunt man who worked for a major Hollywood studio and had dreams to make a name for himself in the film industry. However, he lacked the looks and talent to be a star and the patience to be a director, and saw his career in special-effects to be a dead-end job. When a friend jokingly suggested that the quickest way to become famous is to take out a costumed hero, Beck realized that his expertise in illusions could make him an effective supervillain. Choosing Spider-Man, a relatively weak and inexperienced target, Beck prepared his resources for a few months before attempting to eliminate the wall-crawler. Mysterio, his chosen identity, became one of Spider-Man's most elusive and persistent foes.