TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

ECW on Sci-Fi (6/17/2008)

Tonight on ECW, ECW Champion Kane will meet with his Night of Champions opponent, Big Show, in an open forum. What will the giants say as they stand face-to-face?

WWE Tag Team Champions The Miz and John Morrison continue to emerge victorious. They managed to retain their gold on Tuesday night against ECW Champion Kane and Mr. Money in the Bank, CM Punk. Is there a team on the SmackDown or ECW rosters that can defeat the duo? Will Finlay & Hornswoggle be up to their tricks in the weeks leading up to their title match at Night of Champions?

Former ECW General Manager Armando Estrada received three chances on Tuesday from newly-appointed GM Theodore Long to earn an ECW contract. Unfortunately, he was unsuccessful, leaving him to wonder if future chances will yield better results.

Also on Tuesday night, Victoria prevailed over Kelly Kelly in a fierce bout as all of the ECW and SmackDown Divas look forward to more details about the new WWE Divas Championship.

Evan Bourne made a powerful debut on ECW by pinning Mike Knox for the win. The Tag Team Match – Shelton Benjamin & Mike Knox vs. Kofi Kingston & Evan Bourne – certainly brought the rivalry between the Jamaican Superstar and the Golden Standard to the forefront. Will Bourne continue his winning ways? And what will happen between Benjamin and Kingston this coming Tuesday?

Tune in to find out the answers to these questions and more on ECW on Sci Fi, Tuesday at 10/9 CT. Don’t forget, as a way saying thank you to our fans, you have another chance to win some of WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon’s millions. More…

Tonight on ECW, ECW Champion Kane will meet with his Night of Champions opponent, Big Show, in an open forum. What will the giants say as they stand face-to-face?

I'm hoping for a well thought out debate concerning our Nation's energy policy.

...I could see if they manage to end up on the same brand Estrada and Umaga being reunited as a tag team.

Estrada is the new Coachman. I don't think he'll be taken seriously as an in-ring competitor for a long time, if ever.

I haven't seen him before he started showing up on ECW, but I heart Matt Sydal. Unlike Kidman, he didn't look like he was going to kill either himself or his opponent with that SSP.

ETA: I checked out a couple of YouTube clips, and while I'm fairly sure they won't let him do the Here It Is Driver, but if they ever let him do the Cyclorama on WWE TV, I will mark out.

Bourne has excellent body control, probably from his gymnastic training, and can probably safely do the SSP 100 times out of a hundred.

Matt Striker is almost criminally underused, even if he rivaled Nova as an indie rip-off artist.

Did I actually see a placeholder that told me that ECW is the highest rated show on Sci-Fi in all key demographics?

Really?

Who was that intended for? Most people couldn't care less about ratings...and anyone who does care about ratings would already know what it does in relation to the rest of Sci-Fi (and understand that it doesn't matter since wrestling doesn't draw nearly as good advertising revenue for the station than...well...anything else).

True dat, peeps. It's pretty much impossible for the divas to appear on other brands. They should also have a third tag team championship.

They don't need a 3rd tag team championship, both shows have a tag title, so there is no need for a 3rd. Each show has a World Champion and a secondary championship. Why shouldn't each show have a womens title?

They don't need a 3rd tag team championship, both shows have a tag title, so there is no need for a 3rd. Each show has a World Champion and a secondary championship. Why shouldn't each show have a womens title?

Psst, they have three shows.

Psst, they have three shows.

but really only 2 rosters if you count the merger....but I know what you were getting at.

I hope Bourne, Kingston, Benjamin all stay on ECW and are not drafted elsewhere. Hell even Mike Knox has been growing on me lately.

I like the idea of another womens title. On Raw we basically have two womens feuds, one without the title (Phoenix/Melina) which is basically unheard of (thanks TNA).

I think SD! needs a title in order to give reason for the women to exist and fight in the first place. Victoria and Natalia are both wrestlers, Michelle McCool isn't half bad, Cherry is a trained wrestler I believe as well. I would also expect a wrestling Diva from Raw to come over to SD! in the draft - probably Jillian Hall.

The SD women's belt is pointless. How hard would it be to simply have Mickie James or Beth Phoenix simply show up on SD occasionally? The champ on both shows sometimes would work fine in this instance.

Probably because WWE wants to keep Raw titles off of Smackdown and Smackdown titles off of Raw.

Speaking of new titles. Does anyone else think it's actually a good time for ECW to have a mid-card title?

Probably because WWE wants to keep Raw titles off of Smackdown and Smackdown titles off of Raw.

Speaking of new titles. Does anyone else think it's actually a good time for ECW to have a mid-card title?

I've said it before but they could easily revive the Cruiserweight Title and build it around Evan Bourne.

I agree with Canadian Dragon. There doesn't need to be another lightweight title or cruiserweight title and there diffently doesn't need to be one if it's only going to be built around one person.

I hate the idea of a cruiserweight division because it really limits the talent pigeon-holed in it.

Wasn't there talk, forever ago, that they were retiring the Cruiserweight Championship in favor of, eventually, creating an X-Division type Title instead?

That would be interesting to say the least.

If there was a division of guys that were allowed to go out and do the highflying/harderhitting style they'd certainly get over. and then they'd have to kill it.

The problem with the WWE cruiserweights is that they made them wrestle like heavyweights. Which is GOOD for keeping guys healthy...but it takes away the thing that small guys can do that the big guys can't.

For some reason Matt Sydal is allowed to go out and do whatever he wants (and SHOCKER OF SHOCKERS he's already over) including the banned SSP.

I'm still under the assumption that they aren't watching ECW as they gear up for the draft.

Anyone remember when they weren't watching Heat and Stevie Richards started to get himself over as the "commisioner of 'Heat"? What happened when they figured that out?

The cruiserweight didn't have to wrestle a heavyweight style, they only wanted to cut out all the high spots and have the guys learn to tell a story in the ring. Yeah, You can have guys go out and do cool moves, get over for 6 months and than get injured, rinse and repeat. Or you can have guys go out and have a good match, where they do one or two big spots that make sense. They would still get over and are not taking uneccesary risk. They let Sydal do the ssp, but he was over before he did that.

Anyone remember when they weren't watching Heat and Stevie Richards started to get himself over as the "commisioner of 'Heat"? What happened when they figured that out?

Victoria: ANGEL SNOW!!!!!

I hate the idea of a cruiserweight division because it really limits the talent pigeon-holed in it.

Wasn't there talk, forever ago, that they were retiring the Cruiserweight Championship in favor of, eventually, creating an X-Division type Title instead?

A TV title could be nice, but has WWE ever used time limits?