TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
panthermatt7

SPIDER-MAN 4

More of the same details we've heard every time they start gearing up for another one of these... http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080905u.php These sources from within contradict everything, so what else is new?

...Sources say Sony has only just locked in both veterans, though there's no deal yet for Kirsten Dunst even though the character of Mary Jane Watson is in the film.

Expect a more light-hearted approach like the first two Spideys rather than a grim "The Dark Knight" tone - "Spider-Man is its own thing... the difference between Spider-Man and Batman is that Batman is duelling with a dark side of himself, and that's not what Peter Parker's struggle is" says an inside source.

There's also re-iteration of an old Cinematical story that the studio is trying to figure out if it can feasibly shoot a fourth and fifth "Spider-Man" at the same time because doing so is cost effective.

No villain announced yet either but a source says "once you find out who the villain is, you'll know who's playing it." Shooting doesn't start until next Fall because of the recently postponed May 2011 release.

So they're still talking about making more than one at once. If this is so cost effective, why hasn't it been done since Lord of the Rings? Is it because of the lawyers negotiating these difficult deals or is it because the studio can't figure out how to write two movies at once? Also I guess that sorta kinda obviously means the villain will finally be The Lizard. Also from the article, the broadway musical and Venom spinoff are coming.

This makes me mad that Sony now figured out they needed 2 movies to tell one story. Lord knows they couldn't have done that with the 3rd movie which really needed it! Its funny in that statement posted above that the executives say that Spider-Man isn't dark like Batman, and it is much more lighthearted. I totally agree with this, but apparantly Raimi must not have, since he made the 2nd and 3rd movies about Spider-Man fighting the enemy within, rather than the movies being about Spidey fighting supervillains, and saving New York. This is why I consider the first Spider-Man to be the best of the 3 by far, because it was a fun movie that was about Spider-Man wanting to fight crime, and the responsibility he has to have to be a super hero.

I hate how all comic book movies are now going to be compared to Dark Knight's "real and gritty themes".

I just hope the next movie will pretend 3 didn't happen. Raimi or MacGuire owes the public an apology.

Expect a more light-hearted approach like the first two Spideys rather than a grim "The Dark Knight" tone - "Spider-Man is its own thing... the difference between Spider-Man and Batman is that Batman is duelling with a dark side of himself, and that's not what Peter Parker's struggle is" says an inside source.

Obviously, they weren't serious about the last one being grim seeing how half the movie was a comedy.

Venom spinoff are coming.

I'm all for it as long as Topher Grace doesn't come back.

I'm wondering how in the hell that Venom spin-off can make any sense. I mean, they will have to pretend that Spider-Man 3 didn't happen (which is a good thing), and just come up with an entirely new story. I really hope that spin-off isn't something like the symbiote somehow survived and found another host type of thing, because to me, Eddie Brock will always be Venom. As for the villain, I think its pretty safe to say it will be Carnage. Now that I think about it, the spin-off will probably just have to be a reboot of Venom.

Supposedly, Tobey inked a $50-mil deal to star in two more Spidey movies, to be filmed back to back. Apparently, Kirsten Dunst is battling clinical depression, so its unknown when or if she'll be offered a deal. The article I read on Dark Horizons didn't mention anything about Raimi so I don't know about about his return.

I really don't want Sony bringing Dunst back, I'm sorry she's not a good Mary Jane. She's a decent actress don't get me wrong, I just don't think she plays Mary Jane very well.

I really hope that spin-off isn't something like the symbiote somehow survived and found another host type of thing, because to me, Eddie Brock will always be Venom.

If you look closely at the footage of Venom dying, there are traces of the symbiote remaining. In the film, Topher kept referring to his character's name as Edward Brock Jr., I think the next host will be his father, which hopefully will be the bodybuilder we're used to. I can't see anybody else being Venom.

Well I think the fourth movie could set up Carnage. It could set up Cletus Kassidy as this violent killer that Spiderman catches and then the symbiote bonds with him.

I know it would be impossible at this point but not in the comics but I think that sixth movie should have Sinister Six in it. Just bring back the dead characters in comic bookie way.

There is no way they can do Carnage justice while they still go for the "superhero fantasy" element that brings in kids as well as fanboys. He's too dark of a character for these movies.

Yep. New Line had the rights for a while. David Goyer was in on it.

Hmm, David Goyer was going to write it? That might not have been that bad. At the time when I heard about that, I thought it was insane, but considering what we got with Spider-Man 3, that Venom movie probably would have been for the better. Also, what would the 5th movie be about? I know 4 will probably have the Lizard, but what for 5?

Oh, the first thing I thought when I heard that Spider-Man 4 and 5 were going to be back to back sequels, I immediately thought "too late, why didn't they do that with 3 and 4?" Venom is a character who's story needed to be told in 2 movies.

Hobgoblin could be used now. Just have some gangsta or thug break into the Osborn's place and find the green goblin stuff and the thug modifies it to become the Hobgoblin.

Though personally I think they really should use the Lizard now.

I just really hope they don't add a bunch of Villains again. I'm getting so tired of that Superhero Supervillain movie formula of Superhero movie #2 needs to have 2 villains, and then superhero movie 3 needs to have 2 or 3 villains.

Makes sense to me. One of the earlier articles hinted at the Lizard, so they've already got the actor for Connors. The Lizard itself will probably be a CGI centerpiece (bu I really hope they get some state-of-the-art animatronics) so they should get Gerard Butler as Kraven to carry the load for the human villain who I predict shall be declared more animal than man.

It's pretty ridiculous to consider Scarecrow a major villain when all he really does is make a cameo appearance in the beginning.

Well fine...take out Scarecrow and add Sal Maroni.

Makes sense to me. One of the earlier articles hinted at the Lizard, so they've already got the actor for Connors. The Lizard itself will probably be a CGI centerpiece (bu I really hope they get some state-of-the-art animatronics) so they should get Gerard Butler as Kraven to carry the load for the human villain who I predict shall be declared more animal than man.

Your quote made me decide to go watch the old Fox Kids Spider-man series on youtube. Ironically enough his first villain in the first episode ever was The Lizard. Has anyone been able to watch the new Spectacular Spider-man Animated Series that has premiered earlier this year on Kids WB?