TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

Discussion: Possible DC Universe Movies

I just thought of a DC Animated movie they could do if they REALLY wanted to try something SUPER big.

"Crisis on Infinite Earths"

...I mean, it can't be that much harder a project than New Frontier was, can it?

[This is coming from someone whose extent with comics comes from other media and wikipedia.]

I just thought of a DC Animated movie they could do if they REALLY wanted to try something SUPER big.

...I mean, it can't be that much harder a project than New Frontier was, can it?

[This is coming from someone whose extent with comics comes from other media and wikipedia.]

[Coming from someone who owns and has read COIE]

That would be crazy confusing, require a million different superheroes, and you'd in no way be able to explain any of the backstory. It would end up being batshit insane.

So yes, it would be a very cool movie and I'd love to see it.

[Coming from someone who owns and has read COIE]

That would be crazy confusing, require a million different superheroes, and you'd in no way be able to explain any of the backstory. It would end up being batshit insane.

So yes, it would be a very cool movie and I'd love to see it.

Well, that's a vote of confidence...I think.

I'm just curious how well animated the events of these two deaths would be.

crisis_covers.jpg

And I think my "Crisis" movie is better than an idea I had a few weeks ago. A movie based off...well...this:

Superman%20blue.jpg

Batman: The Long Halloween

They've already made that. It's called 'The Dark Knight'. It was a ittle indy movie released a couple of weeks ago, not much buzz. Probably didn't hear about it.

I don't think The Dark Knight was an adaptation of The Long Halloween, but it certainly was influenced by it. The scene with Batman/Gordon/Dent talking on the rooftop was pretty much the same scene in the book. It even had Gordon say "He does that". Joker burning the money is also sort of similar to the one scene in the book where Batman and Dent sneak into a warehouse to burn up Carmine Falcone's stashed money.

I know, I was joking. I actually would like to see an animated version of The Long Halloween, especcialy because of how it ends- and not with Dent becoming Two Face. "I believe in Harvey Dent" indeed.

I know, I was joking. I actually would like to see an animated version of The Long Halloween, especcialy because of how it ends- and not with Dent becoming Two Face. "I believe in Harvey Dent" indeed.

Agreed. I love that book. Wouldn't the animated adaptation be a series of episodes though? Because I think the story is too long for one movie. That story was very fast paced for a long book though.

Agreed. I love that book. Wouldn't the animated adaptation be a series of episodes though? Because I think the story is too long for one movie. That story was very fast paced for a long book though.

Well, how many books was the event of "The Long Halloween"?

Because they did condense "The New Frontier" enough for that movie adaptation.

The Long Halloween I think was a mini-series of 13 issues, how long was The New Frontier?

OK, checked Wikipedia...yeah, both Long Halloween and my idea of a C.O.I.E. might be a bit harder, since they both had twice the amount of issues as New Frontier.

...unless New Frontier's 6 issues had more pages.

...maybe. I dunno.

Yeah, A Long Halloween animated movie would probably have to be the same length as TDK or maybe a little longer, but hey, I wouldn't mind. There are some series that have like 4 issues, yet its incredibly long, like The Dark Knight Returns.

The DCAU Superman is the only one that is worth a damn to me.

Do you mean TV series wise or movie (Superman: Doomsday) wise?

Because if it's TV series wise...it interests me you say that while having The Joker from one of the DCAU features as your avatar.

I took it to mean that the only version of Superman worth a damn was the DCAU version.

Good thought.

Yeah, whenever someone tells me Superman stories can't be told well, I direct them to that series to change their minds.

Most of the time it works.

...I'm starting to wonder if Warner Bros. should just get Timm and his crew to pen future DC movies, save for the Batman series.

I would like it if they would make DVD's of the following:

1. Kingdom Come

2. Sinestro Corps Wars

3. Batman: Knightfall (I know we would have to use AzBats, but it would be great seeing him get beatdown)

4. Batman: The killing Joke

5. Identity Crisis (might be light on action though)

I would like it if they would make DVD's of the following:

1. Kingdom Come

That would be an outstanding animated movie, especially if they used hyper-realistic animation linke the books art was.

2. Sinestro Corps Wars

Could be good, thouhg I admit I missed most of it save the end.

3. Batman: Knightfall (I know we would have to use AzBats, but it would be great seeing him get beatdown)

I always like the robo-bats outfit, but ti would be a long movie to cram all three parts into on animated movie. Still, could be good.

4. Batman: The killing Joke

This would make an excellent movie. I'd be espeically curious to see how they play out the final scene between Joker and Batman, whith the joke and all.

5. Identity Crisis (might be light on action though)

This is my favorite of the more recent storylines, and I would love to see it. The Death of Jack Drake especially.

I wouldn't mind seeing a "Whatever Happened to The Man of Tomorrow" DCAU adaptation either.

From the sum-ups I've read...that WOULD be interesting.

But would people get the ending of it, where

Superman drains his powers with Gold Kryptonite?

...then again, I'm the one who wants the Crisis movie...and that's probably a LOT more confusing.

Because if it's TV series wise...it interests me you say that while having The Joker from one of the DCAU features as your avatar.

I meant the Bruce Timm Superman that appeared from Superman: The Animated Series all the way through Justice League Unlimited.

It's the only Superman I actually like - not to mention they were all great shows.

The 78 Superman was good when I was a kid but now that I'm 22 it's....I dont know how to put it.

I meant the Bruce Timm Superman that appeared from Superman: The Animated Series all the way through Justice League Unlimited.

It's the only Superman I actually like - not to mention they were all great shows.

The 78 Superman was good when I was a kid but now that I'm 22 it's....I dont know how to put it.

Comparitively mediocre?

Comparitively mediocre?

Eeeeh yeah.

I will say that the 78 Superman is a helluva lot better than Superman Returns.

I too could never get into Superman, I mean the first 2 Superman movies are alright, but I just thought they were too lighthearted. The animated series did seem pretty cool though from what I saw of it, as it had a very edgy tone, and had some pretty intense fight scenes.

As far as Superman is concerned, this is up at Newsarama...

WB will reboot Superman movie franchise

Warner Bros. has confirmed long-running rumors that it will reboot the Superman movie franchise.

Jeff Robinov, Warner Bros. Pictures Group President, tells The Wall Street Journal that the Man of Steel will be reintroduced on the big screen without regard to 2006’s Superman Returns.

“Superman didn’t quite work as a film in the way that we wanted it to,” Robinov says. “It didn’t position the character the way he needed to be positioned. … Had Superman worked in 2006, we would have had a movie for Christmas of this year or 2009.”

There’s no mention whether Superman Returns director Bryan Singer will be part of the reboot. Earlier this week, Variety’s Anne Thompson reported “that it is a priority at the studio to find the right direction and if Bryan Singer is willing to do that, fine, but if he gets in the way, he may not stay on the project.”

Taking a page from Marvel, Warner Bros. has reversed its earlier position of using the now-stalled Justice League of America as a launching pad for other DC properties. Instead, it will focus on solo features to build toward a multicharacter film.

“Along those lines, we have been developing every DC character that we own,” Robinov says.

That may sound less like a “strategy” and more like a mad cash-grab. Something else that might not sit right with some fans is Robinov’s determination to explore the darker side of super-heroes: “We’re going to try to go dark to the extent that the characters allow it.”

According to The Journal, Warner Bros. plans to release four comic-book movies in the next three years: the third Batman installment, the Superman reboot, and two focusing on other DC Comics characters. (It’s unclear whether Watchmen is included in that count.) Likely candidates include Green Arrow/Super Max, Green Lantern, Captain Marvel and, perhaps, Jonah Hex.

As Variety reported over the weekend, Warner Bros. is expected to roll out its strategy for its DC Comics movie properties sometime within the next month.

I think "Hulk"-ing Superman is the best thing that could be done. Superman Returns has been on HBO a lot lately, and it's such a weak movie. Hopefully, Singer won't be asked to return. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy's work, but we need someone who knows that in the 1980s, Superman received as much an overhaul as Batman. I completely agree with you guys about the animated Superman. Out of all the Superman adaptations over the years, Timm and the gang's version is the only one that completely holds up.

Also, I'm so glad that article mentioned SuperMax. If they do a competent job with that, it could be huge for some of their B level properties.