TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball: 8/4-8/10

Don't worry, Washington is awful.

I love the Brewers' commentators whining about Milledge showboating after his homer. Lord knows every Brewers puts his head down and runs after every homer.

Wakefield is headed to the DL with a bum shoulder.

Still quite a ways off from the off season but I really hope they don't pick that option of his up and instead use some of the money coming off the books towards Ben Sheets or Sabathia

Is finishing .500 the best thing for the Orioles? It looks nice, but all it may do is cost the Orioles a better player in the upcoming draft.

Not really, since the draft is such a crapshoot. For a team that's been moribound since 1998, and was expected to be terrible this year, finishing .500 is something to hang your hat on.

Is finishing .500 the best thing for the Orioles? It looks nice, but all it may do is cost the Orioles a better player in the upcoming draft.

Not really, since the draft is such a crapshoot. For a team that's been moribound since 1998, and was expected to be terrible this year, finishing .500 is something to hang your hat on.

That's true. I just think at what kind of prospect Wieters is and he was #5. Not a certain thing, obviously.

David Price is headed upwards to AAA Durham. So far he's 11-0 in the minors with a 1.87 ERA between A and AA.

Guest Cal Moriarty
the Os have outscored the Rangers 18-1 in the first two games of the series, they need the sweep tomorrow to go back on the road with some huge momentum.

Okay, look, I know I'm just taking batting practice here and it's not really fair, but if you believe there's such a thing as game-to-game momentum in baseball, you're irretrievable. Winning a game on Monday has absolutely no bearing on the outcome of Tuesday's game.

Ryan Braun is "day to day" right now. Sounds like it's just some muscle strain in his back, so hopefully not anything worse for the Brewers.

Gape Kapler with the walk off home run today, after going 0-6 at the plate.

Guest Cal Moriarty
Unless you are the 2007 Colorado Rockies.

Can't tell if you're serious, but no, even then, all of the outcomes were independent from one another, which kind of makes it more amazing, in a sense. Momentum is big within the context of a basketball game or a boxing match when there's actual movement happening, but there's still no causal relationship between one day's performance and the next; look no further than the thousands of times in baseball history when a team scores 11 runs one day, and 1 or zero thereafter. Momentum is tomorrow's starting pitcher.

Re: Kapler, I feel like a dumbass now because I always make fun of Brian Anderson's insufferable lauding of mediocre role-players having mediocre performances ("How about Craig Counsell/Gabe Kapler/Joe Dillon! 2 for 4 with a walk today! How about that! Bet the Cubs wish they had him!) and then Kapler wins the game. The Nats' mission to 100 continues this afternoon when Dave Bush takes on some guy who probably sucks.

Re: your signature, Braun has no errors because he either misreads the ball so badly that he has no hope of making an error in the first place, or the scorer just doesn't charge him with them. Errors and fielding percentage are bunk; Braun really isn't a very good fielder at all.