TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

Sid coming back?

Hmmmmmmmm.......................

Credit Slam Wrestling via Rajah.com:

Sid Vicious has apparently been telling friends that he will be returning to the WWE in September.

Unless I missed it in this thread. (Formerly in the CTDWAT)

Well, all I got to say is who's the man?

I cannot wait to see Sid vs. Cena.

EDIT: Since it has become it's own thread, here's the link:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/news.html

Go to the August 7th update.

Hmmmmmmmm.......................

Credit Slam Wrestling via Rajah.com:

Sid Vicious has apparently been telling friends that he will be returning to the WWE in September.

Unless I missed it in this thread.

Well, all I got to say is who's the man?

I cannot wait to see Sid vs. Cena.

I was earlier today just thinking what's happened to the recent fuss over Sid coming back.

If Sid comes back and is healthy, I have no doubt in my mind the CM Punk title run will end. Due to McMahon loving the big guys, it will probably go to Sid and then he can branch off in a feud with either Batista and Cena if heel, or Orton, Jericho, or any of Adamle's cronies as a face.

I will forever be a mark for Sid as long as he can still stare holes into the camera and talk in his quiet psycho voice.

I know this isn't saying much, but Sid was one of the highlights of WCW in 99. How can anyone forget that hilarious promo where he said "You are half the man I am, and I have half the brain that you do!"?

I just wonder, with the shape he's in, if he will be a full-time performer, part-time performer, or a bodyguard?

Maybe, Jericho's hired gun?

Imagine, during the Jericho-Michaels rematch at Unforgiven, since it's bound to happen, Sid runs out and powerbombs the HELL out of Michaels. So this fits into another piece of Michaels' past coming back to get him.

Y2J and the Millenium Man. SOLD!

I hope HBK doesn't simply announce he'd be wrestling, at Summerslam. This angle feels like it needs something like HBK actually having to "retire" before coming back for his revenge. He hasn't been gone long enough for that effect to be felt.

Shawn has been doing these teased retirements and lengthy absences for the past few years, so doing it again doesn't have much effect. The fans have become conditioned to believe Shawn comes back in 3 months. It'd be a departure from the typical HBK angle to actually have Shawn fight through the injuries.

But to announce his return, less than a month from when he was "injured", is quite rushing the storyline. It sucks that the angle started so long ago and that it appears to be winding down, because the angle would be a perfect way to create a Wrestlemania rematch between Jericho and HBK.

Jericho and Michaels having a Mania match (which, unforunately, Jericho would job in) would be epic.

Jericho losing at another Wrestlemania? Seriously, the last time he won at the event was against Regal 7 years ago.

Jericho and Michaels having a Mania match (which, unforunately, Jericho would job in) would be epic.

Jericho losing at another Wrestlemania? Seriously, the last time he won at the event was against Regal 7 years ago.

As long as he is this kind of heel, you can count on him losing more Mania matches.

Jericho:

2000 - Won Euro Title

2001 - Sucessful defense of IC title

2002 - Lost Undisputed Title

2003 - Lost to HBK

2004 - Lost to Christian

2005 - Lost MITB

2006 - N/A

2007 - N/A

2008 - Lost MITB

Yeah, I think he needs a win.

Jericho w/Sid def. Michaels via PINFALL.

I'd love to see that at Mania 25.

As talk of HBK continues and HBK's retirement seems right around the corner, I can see HBK retiring Flair coming back to haunt him in the next WM. Perhaps, if HBK loses at WM (vs. Jericho), he must retire...and does?

I don't think the angle has enough legs to reach WM. WWE learned a lesson recently in stretching things too far in hopes to save it for WM. It'd be an ideal blow-off at Survivor Series. Which would give each men plenty of time to build up whatever would be in store for them at WM.

It has been a throughly entertaining storyline right from the start all the way back to the night after WM and I do have strong faith that they will maintain this level of quality but I don't think it can stretch beyond this fall. It'd be a welcome change to see a storyline actually build for an entire year but I'm doubtful it can and would happen without sacrificing the quality it has enjoyed to this point.

Jericho:

2000 - Won Euro Title

2001 - Sucessful defense of IC title

2002 - Lost Undisputed Title

2003 - Lost to HBK

2004 - Lost to Christian

2005 - Lost MITB

2006 - N/A

2007 - N/A

2008 - Lost MITB

Yeah, I think he needs a win.

Jericho w/Sid def. Michaels via PINFALL.

I'd love to see that at Mania 25.

I'd love to see that too, but the way the fued has gone, Jericho beating the crap out of Michaels pretty much all the way through, only for Michaels to lose the blowoff too?

This is leading to Michaels recovering and taking his revenge on the man who nearly took his eyesight/career.

Not leading to Michaels returning only to lose.

I don't think the angle has enough legs to reach WM. WWE learned a lesson recently in stretching things too far in hopes to save it for WM. It'd be an ideal blow-off at Survivor Series. Which would give each men plenty of time to build up whatever would be in store for them at WM.

It has been a throughly entertaining storyline right from the start all the way back to the night after WM and I do have strong faith that they will maintain this level of quality but I don't think it can stretch beyond this fall. It'd be a welcome change to see a storyline actually build for an entire year but I'm doubtful it can and would happen without sacrificing the quality it has enjoyed to this point.

As you mention Survivor Series, maybe that is where they can have Jericho put the Sharpshooter on Michaels, have him get screwed and all Canadians can finally be silenced. Michaels gets his 11 years later.

And then......... just let it ride that Michaels got screwed out of the WWE, don't even mention him until he returns after No Way Out and there's your final blowoff with Michaels WINNING in Texas.

I was hoping for Jericho to end up in the title scene by Survivor Series. Do we really need to see him mess around with Shawn until freakin WM?

As far as Sid coming back, well, until I see him on TV I will just write that off as some sort of sick joke.

I saw a recent interview of him. He looks to be in amazing shape, he hasn't aged that much either.

Doesn't "Serious" talk of a Sid return come up at least once a year? Personally, I am all for it. Sid always was one of my favorite big men, and had a pretty imposing presence to him. I saw footage of Sid wrestling a match on the indy's not too long ago, and he looked to be in as good of shape as ever. He may not have been the most technically sound wrestler, but damn did I enjoy watching him do his stuff in the ring.

The return of the MASTER AND THE RULER....of the wooorrrlllldd is much needed. Not for serious wrestling but maybe as an enforcer of Mike Adamle when his "reasoning and understanding" doesn't seem to be panning out. Then he can be the quiet guy who just calmly says, "Sid, help this man understand my position" and then SID can powerbomb the hell out of them.

That's really all SID is good for. He's an enforcer and him working regularly just doesn't seem possible. Jericho already has Cade so I don't know if SID would really work there. Unless it's to mess with the mind of HBK but that's just a waste of the return of the Psycho. Sure it makes sense, but boo on sense.

After watching a lot of old Sid stuff, I hope he looks the same, same music, and same ass kicking guy.

His first appearence at the Garden will probably be great.

They should just have him run in and interrupt every match. It'd be like Nitro all over again :wub:

I loved all the 'Here Comes Sid' signs.

I have no reservations about being a Sid mark and would love to see him have one more run. I've been a fan of his since I was a little kid. The angriest I've ever gotten at the ending of a match was when Hogan screwed him out of the 1992 Royal Rumble and the World Title.

Sid could only do the enforcer role for so long before having to work a match, at which point it'll all be over and whatever luster he's kept will be gone when people see what he looks like now on the big stage.