TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thoth

I have one month of Xbox Live to give away

I have a code for one month of Xbox Live that I got from a copy of Universe at War for the PC I paid 5 bucks for. Personally, I don't need it, my subscription doesn't expire for 14 months or so. So, I want to give it away.

Who has suggestions on how I should give this away? In the end, I will be the one to decide how it should be done.

Guest Vitamin X

I'll take it. My Live subscription is running out in a month, and I would like to postpone buying the annual one for a bit if I could.

I'll take it. My Live subscription is running out in a month, and I would like to postpone buying the annual one for a bit if I could.

Ditto. Mine runs out on Sept. 1, and if I could hold off on getting another year, that'd be great.

Church collection plate. After all, you've been blessed.

Boring.

Play pin the tail on the username.

Boring!

ebay bro. ebay.

BORING!

No handouts!

Ditto. Mine runs out on Sept. 1, and if I could hold off on getting another year, that'd be great.

No handouts, damn you!

However, I have about 4 ideas I'm throwing around. Now's a good time to influence me.

Well, It would be fun to have it be some test of skill, but some people might not own the game I choose. I would like to include everybody. But doing something that might be hard to get people to do (say, posting a video of themselves doing something, for example, "Matt Young'in it") could turn people off.

Guest Vitamin X

No handouts!

So, I want to give it away.

Make up your mind!

Well, It would be fun to have it be some test of skill, but some people might not own the game I choose. I would like to include everybody. But doing something that might be hard to get people to do (say, posting a video of themselves doing something, for example, "Matt Young'in it") could turn people off.

LOL... I don't think anyone would post a video of themselves doing something that could get them arrested, just for a free month of Live.

Alright, I've decided.

It is going to be related to beating me in a game.

You can do one of the following:

Beat any one of my scores in Geometry Wars 2. If you do this, you must PM me immediately after you win, or send me an Xbox Live Message. I also reserve the right to improve my current high scores at any time (and will attempt to do so, trust me)

-OR-

Challenge me to a game that I consider myself good at, and defeat me. This list can be vague, so let me try to narrow it down:

Generally any fighting game.

No sports games.

Anything else on a case-by-case basis. Note that it may not have to be limited to Xbox titles; I play a good game of Warcraft 3.

This contest has no time limit, but if I sense that everyone has given up or lost interest, I will give one week's notice. If no one makes a challenge to me within a week, I will use the code myself.

Guest Vitamin X

Well, so much for that. I could've bribed Thoth with a VG Folder modship, but no. If I had to train hard and beat Thoth's scores in one of those things, it'd better be for more than a month of Live.

Well, so much for that. I could've bribed Thoth with a VG Folder modship, but no. If I had to train hard and beat Thoth's scores in one of those things, it'd better be for more than a month of Live.

You know what's really amazing?

I wasn't even trying when I got those scores, except maybe for sequence.

Besides, nothing exciting happens in this forum. What's the fun in being a mod?

Guest Vitamin X

I have no idea, I just have nothing else to offer because my game skills suck hard.

Just going to throw my 2 cents in here.

I'm not begging for the card because I doubt I'd make use of it. However, if he's going to decide it via a game, it should:

a) be a game that you don't have to pay to play, to make the playfield fair.

b) be a game that isn't really multiplayer--because, if you could play him one on one in a fighter, you probably wouldn't really need Live at that moment, after all, right? Leaderboard scores could be good enough.

c) it shouldn't be a ridiculously long, involved challenge. Just something simple and able to be accomplished quickly (even if it isn't necessarily easy to do).

Is Aegis Wing still free? Some sort of challenge involving that might be a good idea, although I haven't bothered with it since I'm awful at shmups. There's also Undertow too, I guess, which was free for a while so people might have it.

Granted, they're probably not the best titles, but I'm not about to suggest Yaris.

I don't know if you consider yourself good at Rock Band, but if you wanna have a go at a Score Duel, we could do that. (Preferably not singing. :)) I'm not an excellent player by any means, but it might be worth a shot.

My current XBL month expires on the 2nd, for what it's worth.

I don't know if you consider yourself good at Rock Band, but if you wanna have a go at a Score Duel, we could do that. (Preferably not singing. :)) I'm not an excellent player by any means, but it might be worth a shot.

My current XBL month expires on the 2nd, for what it's worth.

I actually think I'm not bad. So, either Guitar or Drums? I've beaten Drums on Medium and Guitar on Hard.

I'm busy this weekend, but sometime after that is good.

Message me on Xbox Live with a time and date.

I actually think I'm not bad. So, either Guitar or Drums? I've beaten Drums on Medium and Guitar on Hard.

I'm probably a lot more open schedule-wise, so you can choose a time.

I'm a decent Expert-level player for guitar and drums on most songs. It's mainly the crazy solos ("Highway Star", "Green Grass and High Tides", etc.) that'll wreck me on guitar. Drums, I can't get by "I Get By" (how 'bout that) or "(Don't Fear) The Reaper", and I have trouble with really bass-heavy stuff, since I'm not exactly using the pedal properly. And "Run to the Hills" is just fucked, even on Hard.

I'm probably a lot more open schedule-wise, so you can choose a time.

I'm a decent Expert-level player for guitar and drums on most songs. It's mainly the crazy solos ("Highway Star", "Green Grass and High Tides", etc.) that'll wreck me on guitar. Drums, I can't get by "I Get By" (how 'bout that) or "(Don't Fear) The Reaper", and I have trouble with really bass-heavy stuff, since I'm not exactly using the pedal properly. And "Run to the Hills" is just fucked, even on Hard.

Alright. Wednesday, 8:00 Pacific Time.

Here are the rules (posting in public for all to see)

While the choice of instruments and difficulty can still be considered tentative, I think we'll be using guitar, and playing on Hard difficulty.

We will play Best 2 out of 3 in Score Duel. Each of us picks one song. The third song, if necessary, will be a random selection.

Alright. Wednesday, 8:00 Pacific Time.

Here are the rules (posting in public for all to see)

While the choice of instruments and difficulty can still be considered tentative, I think we'll be using guitar, and playing on Hard difficulty.

We will play Best 2 out of 3 in Score Duel. Each of us picks one song. The third song, if necessary, will be a random selection.

That should work. No later than 8 if possible, since I've got an appointment Thursday morning.

Here's the DLC I've got, in case you want to do something off-disc:

http://dlcquickplay.com/xbox/deviousbroccoli

Don't forget: It's going down tonight.

Caveat: If, by 7 PM, (One hour before Rock Band time) someone has beat my Geometry Wars 2 score, they win the free month. Excelsior.

The contest is over; I have lost to AnonymousBroccoli. Though I got 100% on Day Late, Dollar Short, his judicious use of Star Power gave him the victory. He has received the code for one month of Xbox Live.

Yeah, I stumbled right out of the gates on "Day Late, Dollar Short", then missed a note during the solo, and probably another one or two in the middle. :( Overdrive during the chord sections saved my sorry BUTT. happysadxq7.gif

Thanks for the code, Thoth. :) If you don't mind, I'll probably wait 'til the Rock Band 2 bundle comes out to use it, since I'm likely to play more single player stuff like Mass Effect and Fable in the immediate future.