Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in Baseball 8/25 - 8/31

A TWIB poll.  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Bigger cunt?

• A.J. Pierzynski
    • A whale's vagina

He's already given up 2 homers and 3 runs in his first two, now three innings. Even if he posts a bunch of zeroes the bullpen isn't going to hold a lead since the wind is blowing out in Citizens Bank Smallpark.

The park doesn't bother me. Our bullpen does. In Shea, CBP, Coors Field or anywhere else they WILL find a way to blow leads because that's what they do. If the starters aren't amazing at the same time the lineup produces 5+ runs we're not going to win games and that's been the case all season.

Okay yeah, this might be the bias talking -- in fact, I'm sure it is -- but Il Corleone, you're starting to bug me. Cut it out.

I don't see why I should. All I see is bitching, bitching, bitching about the Mets. The NL East isn't that good, your team is going to have a chance until the last week, maybe even the last day to win the division. As much as the Phillies have sucked this season, I never tried to make excuses for them or even the other team. What bugs me is every Mets fan I see places the blame on the ballpark, or bad calls. I'll give you that your bullpen blows, but your team is solid otherwise. Stop acting like God is punishing you.

Actually, 23 blown saves is pretty disheartening. I retract my above statements. Bitch at will, because I know I'd be doing the same thing.

Really nice pitcher's duel in Tampa right now. David Purcey has probably outpitched Matt Garza, but he made one mistake that Carlos Pena crushed and the Jays can't get anything across.

I'd like to formally apologize to Carlos Delgado. For everything.

Shoot. I had come in here to make essentially the same post.

The major concern is whether they re-sign Delgado for next year or not. He's been very hot since the All Star Break essentially but does that make up for the past two years?

I'm not quite as pissed as I thought I would be, mainly because CSN here keeps showing a guy and his dad (who is really old), Mets fans, and that old guy being happy just seems really cool. I have a sensitive soul like that, but hopefully the Phils can score 4 more runs. What a bad inning.

DANIEL MUUURPPHYYYY

And yeah, you have to pick up Delgado's option. Basically we either pick him up for 12 mil (the buyout would be 4 mil as it is, so it's more like an 8 million dollar contract), we open the checkbook for Mark Teixera and spend 160 million, we sign a first basemen who will not contribute, say Sean Casey or Kevin Millar or Rich Aurilla, or we bring up Mike Carp a year before he's ready.

Actually, I suppose we have more options than that. Nick Evans plays first base, Daniel Murphy probably can too.

I looked up the name of that Phillies color guy who was pissing me off; It's Larry Anderson.

Larry Anderson is the Milton Berle of commentators. He has a million funny lines but he ripped them off.

All I care about is being tied in the loss column. Means if we are .5 behind the fate lies in our hands. Just a bad inning, but I think the Phils can bounce back from this. I thought they were out of it a month ago, but the Mets have proved they can't run away with it, and neither can the Phils. Looking to hopefully split the Cubs and Brewers series.

Well first place again for at least one day.

SNY killing Charlie Manuel postgame. I do think it was questionable for him to not bring in Lidge to face Delgado in the 8th. And I really don't know why he Intentionally walked Church either.

I'll take it though

Depressing would be being 15 games out. Being like 7 games out is disappointing. But when you lose your top starter, and have nothing behind Mussina and Pettitte, it's understandable.

I was wrong about tonight. I think I would have preferred for us to win yesterday something like 7-3 and lose tonight 3-1 just so that I wouldn't want to punch walls when we manage to piss away huge leads against the Phillies, but all things considered a split was what I was expecting anyway. I still don't see how we can win the division when the bullpen is so shaky, but at least the team is competing these days. For the next few days I'm going to have to swallow my pride and root for the Cubs.