TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BX

2008 ESPN TSM Pick'Em

Since the league from last year as disappeared, I've started up another ESPN league for the rest of us who couldnt get into KKKs group. Here's the info.

http://games.espn.go.com/pigskin/group?groupID=12292

Group: The Smart Marks

Password: tsm

This is a spread league, so I will post the spreads for each weeks matchup, as decided by ESPN. Hopefully our league won't slowly die as it did last year.

I should add, you've got until Thursday to join. I could change this if it becomes an issue.

I'll probably join, but wind up sucking in it as I've never really figured out the spread system..

It's simple, man. Let's say that the Giants were the favored team to win, and that the Skins were the underdog. The giants was favored by a spread of 4.5

What this means is simple. In order for the Giants to win the spread matchup, not only do they have to beat the Skins, they have to beat them by more then 4.5 points.

Since the NFL doesn't have half-points, the actual score the Giants need is 5 points or more.

The Redskins though, in order to win the spread matchup, don't even have to win. If they lost by less then 4.5 (5) points, then they win that matchup, even if they actually lost the game.

It's pretty simple.

On the ESPN screen, the favored team is always in the lefthand column, the underdog in the right, with the spread in the middle column.

That being said, join immediately. I'm even trying to recruit Flyboy for this.

From the official rules page:

1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Pigskin Pick 'em (the "Promotion") is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, OTHER UNITED STATES TERRITORIES, OR FOREIGN TERRITORIES), are twenty-one (21) years or older as of the date of entry, and are registered members of ESPN.com. (Registration is further described below in Section 4.) Employees of (i) Sponsor (defined in Section 2), Promoters (defined in Section 2) or their respective affiliates, or (ii) any entity directly connected with the development, implementation or marketing of this Promotion, and the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) or household members of each such employee are not eligible. This Promotion is void in all U.S. Territories, (e.g., Puerto Rico and Guam) and where prohibited by law.

Oh well, not that big a deal.