TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kinetic

NFL Week 2

I'm actually surprised that Dallas fans can make unironic "Get Your Popcorn Ready" signs despite that phrase becoming an unavoidable punchline last January. Perhaps irony is outlawed in Texas, save a small bubble around Austin.

It seems like Dallas ran that same route/play for Witten about five times in the second half and the Eagles repeatedly were not ready for it.

I almost thought McNabb was going to pardon the pun, "cowboy up" and win the game . . . but then I remembered it was Donovan McNabb I was watching and knew the game was over as soon as Westbrook coughed it up on that late exchange.

More like McNabb screwed up. Donovan and the defense did a great job letting that game spill away from them. It's a shame, every time I think Donovan might get the monkey off his back he just grabs the bastard and staples it to his jersey.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah next week's matchup is going to be a hell of a game. I'm glad we get them at home, but I'm worried about Woodson and Grant's health. I suppose it's time to start the next thread..

What an insane game tonight. That pass interference call was unbelievably bad. That shit is inexcusable.

Now we gotta go up to Green Bay and play the packers on SNF.

That was pretty much the only bad non-call on the Eagles. Cowboys got away with a bunch of facemasks before they finally started calling them.

What an insane game tonight. That pass interference call was unbelievably bad. That shit is inexcusable.

That all evens out after the Cowboys committed two blatant facemask penalties that weren't called.

And the reason I hate living around Cowboys fans shows already! I've gotten two messages online from people I know that are Cowboys fans that says "Man we really blew the Eagles out tonight!" and "We sure did kick your Eagles asses! They had no shot!"

Kornheiser went nuts last night talking about how the Cowboys have the biggest fanbase in all of American sports last night. Is that really even close to being true? I'm not saying it's not, but it definitely hasn't been my experience. Living in the northeast may make me see things differently, but even in the NFL there are a bunch of teams whose fans I hear a lot more from and seem to spread the country better, or at least travel very well. No matter where they're playing the Steelers and Packers seem to have a ton of road fans, the Eagles seem fairly well represented, and I hear a ton from Patriot fans, but I think they may just be louder.

They'd be top ten, but I don't know that there's any way to prove that sort of thing short of a full-blown census. You figure Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Braves, Lakers, maaaaybe the Knicks, and then the Steelers, Packers, and Cowboys. Are we counting college teams? Because then you throw in (ugh) Notre Dame in football and I guess UNC and Duke in basketball. I'm sure that I'm forgetting someone. Maybe the Pats and Raiders, too, because the country is full of frontrunners and Mexicans.

CHI@CAR

TEN@CIN

GB@DET

BUF@JAX

OAK@KC

IND@MIN

NYG@STL

NO@WSH

SF@SEA

ATL@TB

MIA@ARZ

SD@DEN

BAL@HOU

NE@NYJ

PIT@CLE

PHI@DAL

9-6. Overall: 19-12.

The Eagles looked like the better well oiled offense to me though. They used the modified WCO that they have been running under Reid for forever, using short plays to setup the bigger plays. They were getting all sorts of chunks of yards in every way thinkable. They simply fucked up in the fourth quarter and it cost them the game on something as simple as handing the ball off.

The Cowboys seemed to live and die by the big play. Their running game was basically STUFFED at the line of scrimmage and it seemed like the Cowboys were playing a game of "chicken" basically saying, "If we run these deep routes on every other play, you might be able to defend it a couple of times, but eventually someone will break open"

The Cowboys have a ton of big play potential on every down, but they seem to lack the toughness that is needed to win consistently in december and come playoff time.

Of course, Week 2 is way to early to make any type of decisive judgement, but that is the way they came off looking against a team that could match up with them pretty well.

That all evens out after the Cowboys committed two blatant facemask penalties that weren't called.

And the reason I hate living around Cowboys fans shows already! I've gotten two messages online from people I know that are Cowboys fans that says "Man we really blew the Eagles out tonight!" and "We sure did kick your Eagles asses! They had no shot!"

Not even close. They didn't set you up for a TD.