ATL@TB

MIA@ARZ

SD@DEN

BAL@HOU

NE@NYJ

PIT@CLE

PHI@DAL

Much better slate of games this week.

This is a potential letdown game for Green Bay. They should beat the Lions with ease, but they were unfocused on Monday, especially the offensive line so I worry that they will treat the game seriously enough.

It's Detroit. Ryan Grant should run over them. Then Brandon Jackson should run over them. Then DeShawn Wynn should run over them. Then to cap it off, Brohm should run over them when Rodgers is pulled in the third quarter (due to it being a blowout).

Guest Vitamin X

That'll be really incredible since Matt Flynn, is Rodgers' backup, and Wynn is on the practice squad.

Guest Vitamin X

I thought Detroit had a strong defensive line, but I completely forgot they traded away Shaun Rogers for practically nothing. Nice move, Millen.

I would tend to agree but Detroit generally plays well against the Packers at home plus you usually don't want to play an NFL team the week after they got their asses handed to them (cue joke about the Lions not being a "real" NFL team).

As for the Shaun Rogers' trade, it techincally netted his replacement since the Lions used Cleveland's pick to draft Andre Fluellen (of course he was inactive for the Falcons' game, but that's another story). Right now Chuck Darby's the guy in Rogers' spot and he's a marginal player at best. Also, for some inexplicable reason, Marinelli started Travis Fisher over Leigh Bodden (you know, that one guy that they traded their best D-lineman for) on Sunday.

I thought Detroit had a strong defensive line, but I completely forgot they traded away Shaun Rogers for practically nothing. Nice move, Millen.

But see, if the teams would just try to pass against Detroit then the guy they gave up Rogers for gets to show Millen's genius. Too bad with the gate open right there, who needs to pass?

And the difference from when Detroit plays them tough is that the guy behind center in Green Bay isn't the fun loving interception throwing warrior. It's the guy who is going to be very very very fucking careful just to redeem the whole offseason debacle.

Guest Vitamin X
I would tend to agree but Detroit generally plays well against the Packers at home

Yeah I know, that 37-26 game last year where Favre threw for almost 400 yards and Grant had his usual 100 yard game was a real heartstopper.

You know, Detroit is the one team in the NFC North I have absolutely no hate for. I really want to see them do well, honest. Maybe once they get rid of Marinelli and Millen, they can find a real coach and GM and succeed.

I would tend to agree but Detroit generally plays well against the Packers at home

Yeah I know, that 37-26 game last year where Favre threw for almost 400 yards and Grant had his usual 100 yard game was a real heartstopper.

You know, Detroit is the one team in the NFC North I have absolutely no hate for. I really want to see them do well, honest. Maybe once they get rid of Marinelli and Millen, they can find a real coach and GM and succeed.

True, but it wasn't a complete slaughter job like most of us are expecting on Sunday. Really, the only time the Packers have blown out the Lions in Detroit the past decade or so was in 2004. But anyways, I just want to see a decent effort out there, not that no-tackling bullshit I saw last Sunday. Maybe Roy Williams or Calvin Johnson can provide at least a couple highlights.

I didn't know where to talk about it, but after reading about how Vince Young's MRI was rescheduled because Vince's mindset wasn't "right" today, anyone who follows Tennessee closely can tell me what the fuck is going on with him? I don't mean about the injury or his not coming out on the field in the fourth quarter, but the whole situation dating back to when they started having problems?

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Good games!

Let's get some discussion points rolling.

1. Whose big-win momentum carries through to this weekend-Chicago or Carolina?

2. How well will rookie Matt Ryan and a running game that left footprints on every Detroit defender perform against the best defense in the NFC last season?

3. Can New England circle the wagons after the most catastrophic loss in recent memory against their division rivals?

4. Will the clowns that said "Anybody could shoot the lights out behind that line with those receivers!" finally realize that they're retarded?

5. Can Cleveland rebound in a huge divisional game?

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I just saw the best stat:

Best winning percentage among active QBs:

1. Tom Brady

2. Philip Rivers

3. Tony Romo

4. Ben Roethlisberger

5. Kyle Orton

I was looking forward to Chargers/Broncos being the featured late game for CBS, until I saw that Pats/Jets was a late start as well. That game could be the most overanalyzed, overhyped game ever, and that's saying something.

2. How well will rookie Matt Ryan and a running game that left footprints on every Detroit defender perform against the best defense in the NFC last season?

3. Can New England circle the wagons after the most catastrophic loss in recent memory against their division rivals?

4. Will the clowns that said "Anybody could shoot the lights out behind that line with those receivers!" finally realize that they're retarded?

1. It's a total toss-up. So when in doubt, defer to the home team. Panthers win.

2. Not well, hopefully. There is no way that adding Michael Turner and a rookie QB has suddenly turned this team into the offensive juggernaut we saw against Detroit. The Bucs D will rebound from a mediocre performance against the Saints and hold the Falcons to 13 or less.

3. Yes. I think New England can be competitive with a pared down, ball control offense. I don't think the Jets want to get into a shootout either, so this should be a tight, low-scoring game.

4. Yes, but they would never admit it.

5. No, they'll lose and people will be tripping over one another trying to get off of the Cleveland Browns bandwagon. I do hope that they at least look more interested than they did against Dallas.

Here are some predictions:

CHI@CAR: Hard to know what to make of this. Somehow the Panthers survived without Smith in Week 1, but I dunno about this one. Bears in a mild upset by 3.

TEN@CIN: Carson Palmer wrecked my fantasy team with a career worst outing in Week 1. Tenn has a good D too, but with Young likely out I'll say the Bengals with no real conviction. Cincy by 4.

GB@DET: The Lions looked really bad and I can't see this going too much better. GB by 10.

BUF@JAX: Bills looked really strong in the first game and I am just not into the Jags. Buffalo with a good road win by 7.

OAK@KC: What did the world do to deserve this? I'll take the Chiefs since it's in KC by 6, like 13-7.

IND@MIN: Both teams need a win here but I wonder if this is just not the Colts' year. Minn by 7.

NYG@STL: Rams looked utterly hopeless and the Giants should manhandle them as well. NY by 10.

NO@WSH: Could the Saints be back on track? Not sure yet, but the Redskins look dubious. Saints by 6.

SF@SEA: Wow, I have no real idea here. Seattle looked DOA at Buffalo, but they are a good home team so I'll take them by 3.

ATL@TB: Tampa had a tough loss but looked pretty decent. Can't see a young Matt Ryan winning his first road game. TB by 9.

MIA@ARZ: Could the Cardinals be the class of the crappy NFC West? AZ by 12.

SD@DEN: Chargers had a really puzzling home loss to begin the year and the Broncos looked awesome against a lousy Raiders team. Denver wins at home by 8.

BAL@HOU: Ravens won but didn't look all that good, while Houston was trounced. In a matchup of two mediocre teams, I'll take the home team. Houston by 4.

NE@NYJ: This lost a lot of luster with Brady's injury. I'll go with the Jets winning by 7.

PIT@CLE: Steelers could well be the best team in the AFC. Let's see if they beat down the Browns worse than the Cowboys did. Pittsburgh by 14.

PHI@DAL: I'm not 100% sold on the Eagles, though this is certainly the game of the week. Dallas by 3, but Philly likely takes the rematch.

Good games!

1. I'm more inclined to say Chicago, despite them being on the road. I think the Bears defence will give Delhomme a lot more problems than the Chargers did.

2. Poorly. The Atlanta team that everyone thought we would see, the one that was picked to finish last in the NFC, is going to show up this week.

3. Anything's possible -- they still have a lot of big names -- but I think Brady going down is going to be the catalyst for poisoning the locker room, starting with Randy Moss.

4. Those guys are beyond hope.

5. Not a chance. Pittsburgh is the class of the division, and possibly the entire AFC now. Cleveland is going to come crashing back down this season.

Chicago. They have proven that they can have a great defense and they seem to have the running game figured out for now. As long as Kyle Orton does his impression of Trent Dilfer circa 2000, they should win.

I'll be the one to say that Atlanta is for real. Tampa Bay was 17th against the run (yards) last season... eww. They were 7th in YPC but Atlanta boasts some good speed in Turner/Norwood and Matt Ryan isn't Michael Vick. He can actually complete his passes and throw it deep when a guy actually gets open. The only concern for Atlanta is the injury to Abraham (3 sacks last week) but I don't expect this to be a 20-7 blowout or anything. I'll go Tampa Bay wins but barely, 24-20 or 20-17.

They still have a decent to good defense and they still have offensive weapons outside of the QB. If the line can give Cassel time, he'll be fine and the Patriots running back committee looked good (that was with Faulk being out. He'll return this week). The Jets are solid but I don't know if they'll have enough to beat the Patriots. Did you see Favre's flutter touchdown? Against most defenses, that gets picked off or at the least, knocked down. The Patriots may not have a name secondary but they do stay with their men most of the time and don't allow the deep, big plays. The KC big pass was largely because the safety overran, otherwise it'd have been a regular 25-30 yard completion.

I said 10-6... but in all reality, I think we'll see more of the 2003-2004 form of the Patriots which may be even more dangerous. Heavy reliance on a great defense coupled with pounding the ball down the throat of their opponents and taking advantage of a few big plays through the air. Cassel did throw a rifle of a TD pass and a beauty of a 50+ yard pass out of his own end zone. The guy has some talent... not like he's the next coming of Ryan Leaf.

Pittsburgh will kill them dead. Cleveland has a decent but not great defense and their offense... really isn't as good as the numbers indicate. Braylon Edwards can't seem to catch a cold and if the running game stalls at all, Derek Anderson doesn't have the ability to pull a Peyton Manning/Tom Brady and throw 2-3 TD while avoiding an interception. DA only had 4 games without an INT last year and in 2 of them he threw for less than 140 yards.

Good games!

1. Watching both teams on Sunday, I really have to Chicago believe should beat Carolina. It may be a one week aberation, but I liked how Kyle Orton managed the game and didn't really make bonehead errors. If the offense can stay on the field like they did against Indy, Chicago could do some damage in the NFC North.

2. Matt Ryan impressed me as well against the Lions as well. He was the playing toothless Lions, so I don't know if he can keep it up. I'd like to see more Falcon games before I can make a sound judgement.

3. Based on talent, New England should and could still be a top level team in the AFC. My problem with the Pats is that 1. Brady was the one constant in the New England offense since 2001 and he really is the one guy they couldn't afford to lose (karma I guess for the teams treament of. The offense will defintely not be as dynamic as before. 2. That defense is old and looks vulnerable as well. All in all, I think Pats will rally, but age and injury will take their toll as the season goes on.

4. Yes

5. Its funny, I actually liked Cleveland in the AFC North this year, but watching the Steelers continue to dominate, I gotta go with the Steelers in this one. Maybe the Browns rally like they did last year?

I like Chicago in this game. They'll shut down the run and win by 10, provided Orton doesn't make any mistakes. If Orton can continue to play well, they've got a shot at the playoffs too. I'm not sure Carolina is any good.

Not too well, but at the same time, I'm not so sure Tampa's defense is as good as it was last season. They'll lose and play badly, but I don't think it's an indicator of what Atlanta will do or not do this season.

Nope.

They'll never admit it.

No. Pittsburgh are too good, but I, for one, will not jump off the Cleveland could make the playoffs bandwagon. Although their schedule makes me think a few times about that statement...

I think Buffalo could pull off another upset this week. The Jags didn't look very good last week and their o-line is decimated by injury. Stroud is also going to have some extra motivation in his first game there since they traded him. If the d-line keeps MJD and Taylor in check and Edwards has another competent effort, I think the Bills take it.

I'm not so sure Tampa's defense is as good as it was last season.

If anything, Tampa's defense should be better than it was last year. We didn't lose anyone of note, Gaines Adams has had a whole year to improve, we added a first-round CB in Aqib Talib, etc. And despite the general perception that we're an older team, there are only 3 starters on our defense over 30. The defense really didn't play that bad against New Orleans, they just very uncharacteristically gave up big plays.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I'll admit to really buying into the Browns in the offseason. I still think they'll be good, and challenge for a wildcard spot, but they started off the season with their dicks in a woodchipper with Dallas. Holy shit did they look good. Best line in the NFL.

Give Cleveland time to get healthy and in a rhythm by about week seven. The division isn't exactly brutal, but the South had a really bad draw with the NFC East and AFC South. Ouch.

The good thing is, Pittsburgh will surely take their lumps in there, too.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Vince Young awaited an MRI exam on his sprained left knee Tuesday, hours after the Tennessee Titans sought police help in finding the quarterback the team described as "emotionally down."

Young left his home around 7 p.m. Monday without a phone, prompting the Titans to call Nashville police for help. The team got a message to Young through a friend, and the quarterback met with coach Jeff Fisher and police at team headquarters around 11:30 p.m. Police spokesman Don Aaron said Young drove himself home about 30 minutes later.

The story first was reported by WKRN-TV.

"Ultimately, it appears the initial concerns about his emotional state were unfounded," Aaron said Tuesday. "But no one actually knew that until he was spoken to face to face."

Aaron also said Young had an unloaded handgun in the glovebox of his car. Tennessee law permits unloaded firearms in vehicles as long as no ammunition is present.

Young hurt his knee late in Sunday's 17-10 win over Jacksonville and was booed heavily by fans.

"Given the totality of the circumstances, the fact that Young had been emotionally down all day Coach Fisher contacted the police department and asked for help in finding him to check on his emotional well-being," Aaron said.

The Titans said people close to Young called the team Monday night, concerned about his state of mind when he left his home.

"He was located at a friend's house, where we made contact with him. He then came to the practice facility where it was determined that those initial concerns by his friends and family were unfounded, and he returned home without incident," the Titans said in a statement.

Young's MRI exam was rescheduled for Tuesday from Monday with no explanation. Fisher said Monday if the injury is a third-degree MCL sprain, Young probably would miss a couple weeks and not be 100 percent for up to four weeks.

Veteran Kerry Collins is the only other quarterback on the roster, but the Titans worked out Quinn Gray on Tuesday. The team also was looking at QB Joey Harrington and a handful of receivers, including Glenn Martinez and Chad Jackson.

AP NEWS

The Associated Press News Service

Something is really wrong if the team thinks you might off yourself...