TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

The Greatness of Muhammed Hassan

Hassan was awesome, and had the potential to be one of the best heels ever. I still love the Taker angle to this day, when Hassan dropped to his knees and started to pray as the terrorist attacked Taker, that was just fantastic.

One of the few times I ever felt uncomfortable watching wrestling. That was just awful, still can't believe Vince didn't think to edit it out

Agreed. I actually stopped watching for a full year after that.

I liked him. I also liked the idea about Hirohito. I like angles like that, because it's something different than the standard wrestling formula. It has twists and turns that deal with real life aspects, but I can suspend disbelief with almost anything, so I never get uncomfortable or upset at something in wrestling. The car crash into the SD set after Eddie died didn't bother me, Hassan didn't bother me, Benoit's "tribute" didn't bother me. I've grown up on wrestling, and I can honestly say none of the angles can or will bother me personally.

Wrestling = Entertainment

Entertainment = Movies

That's my mindset.

When I saw the Hassan/Taker angle on TV, I actually just laughed at how stupid it was. I laughed that WWE was that dumb to keep the segment into the show, when they could have just cut it out, and also because the angle is just hilariously bad. I did like Daivari's sick bump though, when Taker threw him into the announce table. I don't really know how anyone could have been offended by the Benoit "tribute", since WWE had a timeslot to fill, and they needed to show something, and they didn't know the full story of Benoit's death at that point (though, you could tell they found out about mid-way through the show), so they just decided to show Benoit matches. I was more offended that they had wrestlers say their feelings on Benoit, even though these guys had to give their fake feelings on the McMahon death angle weeks earlier.

When I saw the Hassan/Taker angle on TV, I actually just laughed at how stupid it was. I laughed that WWE was that dumb to keep the segment into the show, when they could have just cut it out, and also because the angle is just hilariously bad. I did like Daivari's sick bump though, when Taker threw him into the announce table. I don't really know how anyone could have been offended by the Benoit "tribute", since WWE had a timeslot to fill, and they needed to show something, and they didn't know the full story of Benoit's death at that point (though, you could tell they found out about mid-way through the show), so they just decided to show Benoit matches. I was more offended that they had wrestlers say their feelings on Benoit, even though these guys had to give their fake feelings on the McMahon death angle weeks earlier.

Worlds colliding...

11.jpg

..anyway, his Wiki entry says that he's currently a member of the Writers Guild of America.

Worlds colliding...

11.jpg

..anyway, his Wiki entry says that he's currently a member of the Writers Guild of America.

Who else just pictured him slapping the Camel Clutch on people at random during the strike? Anyone?

There were other comments I was going to respond to and co-sign, but this one stood out as my exact feelings. The Taker angle was horrible(in that it was lame and sucked) and I didn't understand the level of the backlash. Not to say I didn't understand the backlash itself, but the level of it was a bit silly. I thought the Hassan had potential too, but the guy sucked in the ring. His mic work was okay, but as someone stated he got long winded at times. Seriously, I totally forgot about Hassan until I saw this thread :lol: The Benoit thing is not wwe's fault. I mean who would have thought that incident would have turned out to be what it was. I agree the Vince death thing earlier kind of pissed me off too for the same reasons.