TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

The Ultimate Fighter: Noguiera vs Mir

I didn't even realize it until now, but both of this season's winners have their roots with Arizona Combat Sports, with Bader training with the team, while Escudero trains under former team member Drew Fickett. Not bad for a gym (and regional MMA scene) I once stupidly wrote off.

Much like most of you I thought Junie showed a serious improvement compared to the show but Kaplan sucks so I'll wait until Junie fights somebody that presents a challenge before saying anything.

Go Bader. He was one of the coolest guys on the show and I figured if he kept it standing he could put Vinny away. Not sure if it says something for Bader's power that he caught him with a glancing shot or just that Vinny has a shit chin.

Johnson looked very solid and that KO is going to make some lists come year-end. I stayed over at my parents place tonight because of a family thing today and when I came downstairs for breakfast my dad's first words were "So....pretty good head kick last night" as it was one of the Highlights of The Night on TSN.

Tong hit the nail on the head, once Efrain rocked Phillipe he looked and moved differently. I didn't think Phillipe would steamroll him or anything but I did pick him to win so huge, huge props to Efrain for improving his game.

This was another really good show from UFC. Junie looks to have improved tenfold from his time on the show but he didn't look like he was ever tested against Kaplan, so it'll be interesting to see how he fares against someone who can challenge him. Bader looked good as well against Vinny, who doesn't appear to take getting hit very well. Johnson looked nice and crisp with his striking and that KO kick was great. I wouldn't have minded Philipe winning but I'm happy with Efrain getting the win. All in all, another thumbs up show from UFC. Bring on 92.

Damn, prop's to Bader on his Lesnar-esque drubbing of Vinny. The shot behind his ear would of knocked anyone down and those hammerfists would of been pointless if he caught all of it and didn't catch some of Vinny's arm. Just a sick, sick power shot. Hopefully he tries to do that for the rest of his career.

I don't think Junie looked that great, Kaplan just looked like shit. He should of went back to the 'let him hit me in the fce 349 times before I do anything' style that helped so well....

And RUMBLE! damn that was fun to watch. I was just waiting for him to catch something, I definitely wasn't expecting a high leg. Just an awesome knock-out.

Hard to compare to the grossness and awesomeness of FN but it was a fun show. Kudos to Efrain for proving once again Dana White is a moron. ;)

Breen pointed out that I may have been too hard on Junie, as his ability to throw strikes in combination already puts him ahead of the curve to 99% of MMA fighters. That said, he'll still have to prove he can do so against opponents who aren't punching bags with legs, that he's capable of fighting of his back, that he can handle adversity, etc. So yeah, improved, but not necessarily good yet.

Too be honest, not to make any excuses for Junie... But he wasn't at his best mentally in the house, therefore he didn't fight to the best of his abilities. He didn't even train for any of his fights, as stated through the other fighters blogs.

I'm sure he is a much better fighter then he was in the house. But he didn't really get a chance to show it. Not to say Efrain wouldn't still beat that ass, but I'm sure he would've put up a better fight.