TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

NFL Week 3

I think the Rams might actually be worse than the Lions, a shame those two don't play each other this year. But I really felt bad for Detroit fans watching that game. It's been a long time since the 49ers just dominated an opponent from start to finish.

Pierre Thomas just fucking sucks.

Why not give it to Reggie on third and 1? Or let Deuce get it? Deuce would've gotten that third and 1, and Reggie would've made you held your breath, but he would've gotten it.

He fails at 3rd and 1 last week against Washington that cost us the game, fails at 4th and 1 against Denver today and now fails again. He fucking sucks.

It helps to have played teams with a combined record of 0-6 after today. It's a shame they didn't get to play Houston last week.

They could have been 3-0 against a combined 0-9

Next 3 games:

Steelers, Titans, Colts

I feel weird saying the only game out of those 3 that I feel worried about is the Titans, but at least its in Baltimore.

After that they have the Dolphins, Raiders, Browns and Texans. Is it too early to be really excited? They could go 7-2 or even 8-1 over that stretch.

And Martin Gramaitca misses. So this is the second game Pierre Thomas has cost us. What a piece of shit.

Yeah, because Pierre Thomas called a play that left DJ Williams unblocked around the edge.

The Saints cut Carney after 2006.

They brought in some free agent last year who quickly became NO's #1a villain along side Fred Thomas because he was awful.

So being desperate they brought in Gramatica. They drafted a kicker in the offseason but he didn't do anything. So we're stuck with Gramatica.

After watching this slate of Sunday games, I have to give VX some props. The NFC has caught up to AFC and may have surpassed them this season. The traditional AFC powers are flawed, and the NFC powers have look dominant at times. Although, the Bills, Broncos and Titans have played good football, there is no way that they are better than the Cowboys, Packers, Giants and Eagles at this point in the season.

As a Raider fan I can't be too upset at 1-2 right now, after watching the late games. I'm hoping for a Jet victory on Monday Night.

Steelers-Eagles was almost painful to watch. Some of the worst offensive line play I've ever seen from the Steelers and the Eagles weren't much better. Just quarterbacks getting crushed all day long.

The game got me thinking though once again about how the NFL replay system needs to be modified in several ways. The play this time actually ended up being the correct call, but for the completely incorrect reason. Roethlisberger was about to get sacked in the endzone but threw the ball up, had it tipped and it lands right in front of him. The play is ruled a safety because of intentional grounding. It turns out Roethlisberger's knee touched the ground anyway, but Ben was clearly outside the pocket, had a receiver at the 2 yard line and the only reason the ball didn't make it there is because it was knocked down by a defender. Had his knee not touched down, and the ruling on the field was that it didn't, there's no way to correct the call after the officials make it.

The Saints cut Carney after 2006.

They brought in some free agent last year who quickly became NO's #1a villain along side Fred Thomas because he was awful.

So being desperate they brought in Gramatica. They drafted a kicker in the offseason but he didn't do anything. So we're stuck with Gramatica.

Stuck being the operative word.

I was cutting back and forth today, so I missed the first two FG attempts. As soon as I saw him trotting onto the field to try and win the game, I knew there was absolutely nothing to worry about.

Once again, the Broncos defence worries me greatly. That's two straight weeks they've gone up 21-3 in the first half and still struggled to come away with a victory.

I have no idea why the Eagles got away from Buckhalter running the ball in the second half. I think that is part of why the O-line had a rough second half, the Steelers has no need to look for the run (except a few Booker runs, but you don't need to look run to stop him).

And that flea flicker where McNabb got hurt was fucking stupid. At the time he was 15/15, there was no need for a trick pass play when you are gouging them with real pass plays.

That said, great defensive performance and Sav Rocca looks like he has figured out the American game which is nice to see.

Guest Vitamin X
Pierre Thomas

... WHO DAT?

After watching this slate of Sunday games, I have to give VX some props. The NFC has caught up to AFC and may have surpassed them this season. The traditional AFC powers are flawed, and the NFC powers have look dominant at times. Although, the Bills, Broncos and Titans have played good football, there is no way that they are better than the Cowboys, Packers, Giants and Eagles at this point in the season.

Yeah, doin it for the conference and all. I've honestly thought this transition occurred last year or somewhere in 2006. Basically, the Colts and Patriots are experiencing down years, and that leaves the Steelers and Broncos. That list of teams you mentioned (except for the Titans) reminds me a lot of the 90's, and it seems like there's a cyclical nature of everything right now. Look how awful the Rams and Bengals are again, too! The Vikings look like they're playing .500 football, the Bears look like a spoiler team, and the Packers, pending tonight's game of course, will hopefully be squashing their division as well. And we even get a Battle of the Bays next week as well! What lovable character on defense will knock around Aaron Rodgers and joke with him to keep up the Warren Sapp-Brett Favre havin' fun out there?

A Packer win tonight would make my day. Bears lose, Patriots get stomped, the old guard has returned, and now Cowboys-Packers!

After tonight's game, there will be six undefeated teams:

Buffalo

NY Giants

Tennessee

Denver

Baltimore

Dallas/Green Bay winner

Which of these teams will be the last to lose a game? How about the first?

I hope the Packers win tonight and the Jets lose tomorrow just so I can see the moment when Brett will lose his smile.

Guest Vitamin X
I hope the Packers win tonight and the Jets lose tomorrow just so I can see the moment when Brett will lose his smile.

YES. And every other sportswriter and analyst that said trading Brett to the Jets would be the worst possible move for the Packers.

Guest Vitamin X
Well...I feel that the Jets will hold up their end of that tomorrow. I sense a San Diego Smackdown heading there way.

200709251544566941797-pf.widec.jpg

Buffalo

NY Giants

Tennessee

Denver

Baltimore

Dallas/Green Bay winner

The winner of Dallas/Green Bay will be the last to lose. Baltimore will lose next week.

Buffalo

NY Giants

Tennessee

Denver

Baltimore

Dallas/Green Bay winner

I think Buffalo loses in week 7 to San Diego.

The Giants should get to week 8 before they lose in Pittsburgh assuming they get by Seattle after the bye.

Tennessee will lose next week to Minnesota.

Denver goes down in week 5 or 6 to Tampa or Jacksonville since that voodoo curse can't last forever.

Baltimore loses in week 4 at Pittsburgh on MNF.

Dallas could lose tonight, but if they don't they've got next week against Washington, week 6 in Arizona and week 8 against TB. I see them losing one of those games.

Green Bay will either lose tonight, next week at Tampa or in week 7 against Indy.

I'll say Green Bay loses first (tonight), but of the undefeateds heading into week 4 I've got Tennessee losing next Sunday, a day before Baltimore loses. I guess I'll be a homer and say that it'll be the Giants who lose last, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Buffalo or Dallas who will probably be 7-1 when they come to us at 6-1 on November 2nd in what will be the biggest game of the year to that point.