TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

Rocky. (Deon, MVP, Douchebag)

Guest Tzar Lysergic

It is the position of the moderator staff and most members of this board that you bring absolutely nothing to the table. Being the fair-minded moderator that I am, I now give opportunities to those in the crosshairs to save themselves.

I'm basing this primarily on your being horrible outside of the wrestling area, which I do not visit. My comrades who are more well-versed in oily men feel the same way about your action within that scope.

So, this is your opportunity, and this thread is centered on you. There may be worse posters here, and that's fine. They'll have their day behind the eight ball, thus, "Well, he's worse" is not acceptable in your defense.

Go for it.

I really hope he brings up his street-smart journalism tactics like breaking the Stone Cold/Hulk Hogan story, or he at least posts his youtube video of that pole dancer.

It's not like any answer he gives will matter, so essentially it's already been done. I don't mean to say that whatever he says (if he even becomes aware of this) won't be fairly taken into account, but what could he possibly say?

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

For your consideration:

Deon started a thread in the WWE Folder about how wrestlers would vote. The wrestling mods thought it was so shitty that they dumped it into Current Events. The Current Events posters were so annoyed by its very existence that they wanted it moved out of there, so it went back into the WWE Folder. The WWE Folder people were so annoyed by it that it was moved to a secret department of the forum for deleted posts and threads that can only be viewed by staff members.

As TSM Ombudsman, I don't think Deon should be banned.

He's an idiot, but the guy does attempt to contribute to the discussion, and is not really breaking any rules. While he may rub people the wrong way (including me), I don't think that is reason to ban the guy.

One of the things about Deon that gets to me (and I don't know why) is his obliviousness. Remember when we did this to EHME? He at least knew why people didn't like him. Same with Marvin really. Deon seems to be completely oblivious as to why people don't like him, even when it's practically spelled out to him. An example of this would be the thread where he bragged about ruining an ex's life; and he was actually completely unaware that people would be disgusted by his behavior.

What the fuck is a TSM Ombudsman?

An ombudsman (English plural: conventionally ombudsmen) is an official, usually (but not always) appointed by the government or by parliament, who is charged with representing the interests of the public by investigating and addressing complaints reported by individual citizens. In some jurisdictions, the Ombudsman is referred to, at least officially, as the 'Parliamentary Commissioner' (e.g., the Western Australian state Ombudsman). The word ombudsman and its specific meaning, Nordic in origin, has since been adopted into English as well as other languages, and ombudsmen have been instituted by other governments and organizations such as the European Union. To make a complaint to an ombudsman is usually free of charge.

An ombudsman need not be appointed by a legislature; they may work for a corporation, a newspaper, an NGO, as an organizational ombudsman, or for the general public in a city, appointed by a mayor, like the executive ombudsman. In some countries, an Inspector General may have similar duties as or have overlapping duties with an ombudsman appointed by the legislature.

from wikipedia.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

Bob's job is to bitch about what the staff does, and we take his constructive criticism. It's actually what he's been doing for the last seven years without a title. People who feel they're being treated unfairly can bitch to him about it.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Deon, you have until sunrise. If I log on tomorrow, (and I assure you I will,) and you have not responded, the penalty for failure to appear is banishment.

Those who believe he should have a chance, as I do, should send him a summons.

But nobody likes him. It's not like this is just Agent abusing powers or anything. Dr Obrero pretty much nails it, the guy is totally clueless as to why people don't like him and has made no effort to change.

Playing devil's advocate here, but why can't someone be banned just for sucking? It's not like everyone has the right to post.

I don't know, I think advocating Deon is more advocating for the devil.

Well maybe the board's switched from legal responsibility to political responsibility. If a member's unpopular enough, the constituency can hold a vote of confidence (which seems virtually unanimously in favor of banisimo) and either retain or send a member packing.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
Playing devil's advocate here, but why can't someone be banned just for sucking? It's not like everyone has the right to post.

I've already set that precedent.

Guest Smues
But just because people don't like him is no reason to ban him. There's no rule on the board that you have to be liked by members.

And yet you didn't oppose banning VanHalen. And what got him banned in the end was bumping old threads. Douchebag has done his share of that.

This is the problem with banning people for sucking, it's so subjective. We'll never be in 100% agreement about this bans.

My opinion? If we're going to ban people for sucking then he HAS to go. It's really a matter of board policy and are we going to do that.