TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball: 9/22-9/30

I don't know why people hate this team so much. The front office, yes. But some of the players like Gavin Floyd and Jim Thome are genuinely good people.

There might be a few nice guys there, but Kenny Williams, Ozzie Guillen and AJ are also featured prominently. Therefore, I can't stand them. I don't care if it's petty.

Also, sorry for your luck Joe Mauer, but that may have cost you the MVP.

I know that with the removal of people such as Ozzie, AJ, Hawk, and Kenny, this would be a much more tolerable team. I actually liked to see them do well before this current regime came to be.

Times change, though, as evident by the fact that my phone just got blown up with calls and texts about this. Apparently I haven't hid my disdain for this team very well.

I don't know why people hate this team so much. The front office, yes. But some of the players like Gavin Floyd and Jim Thome are genuinely good people.

There might be a few nice guys there, but Kenny Williams, Ozzie Guillen and AJ are also featured prominently. Therefore, I can't stand them. I don't care if it's petty.

AJ makes a perfect face for the franchise, since everyone else wants to punch the team right in the jaw

HOLY FUCK THAT WAS AMAZING!

I scared my dog with my reaction, and then injured my mom while picking her up in a celebratory hug.

Wow, that White Sox Fever sure strikes real fast

The only time the White Sox win a 1-0 game is when it counts the most. Please let the Rays beat the hell out of them.

I was happy to see the White Sox win. I like Ozzie and AJ.

First time both Chicago teams have been in the playoffs in over 100 years. That's crazy.

I hate those hats. They have the team name and '08 on the brim. The patch on the front is sewn on. I'm guessing they have the same hats and they can add the "Division Champs," "League Champs," etc. patches and keep reusing them. And they charge $25-35 apiece!

I really would like to see Griffey get a ring, that makes this tolerable. But Ozzie and AJ really stop me from rooting for the team.

How can people not like Ozzie? I think he's hilarious.

However, I do disagree with Porter's hope that the Cubs remain without a championship. Honestly, would it be that awful for you? In a three-year span, I saw:

- the Red Sox win (less futile company)

- the White Sox win (big rival, less futile company)

- the Cardinals win (biggest rival)

- the Red Sox win again (rub it in)

Plus, you live in San Diego, far, far away from Chicago. It's not like you'd be surrounded by Cub fans rubbing it in your face at every turn of a corner.

The ironic thing is I notice most of the people in general that are complaining about where this game is played are Twins fans... are you guys that scared of the Cell, where Twins were 2-7? Fact is, if you can't win the game wherever it's played, you don't deserve to be in the playoffs to begin with.

Twins lost straight up and I don't put that all on the game being in Chicago but you as a Sox fan makes that a easy thing to say considering the Sox did win the toss and they did lose the season series, they had no right to say they deserved homefield. Again dont take that as a excuse from a Twins fan, Twins couldnt hit and that was the reason but winning a season series and having to travel is wrong.