TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball: 9/22-9/30

Oh, I read a couple posts saying, "This is cruel" and it made me forget that you're such a great fan that you'll forsake a local team to hop on the bandwagon of a perennial division winner that beat said local team's ass for a decade and a half.

My mistake!

I didn't hop on any bandwagon, but thanks, Bulls, Lakers, Chargers, Packers, Sox and Dodgers fan!

Oh, I read a couple posts saying, "This is cruel" and it made me forget that you're such a great fan that you'll forsake a local team to hop on the bandwagon of a perennial division winner that beat said local team's ass for a decade and a half.

My mistake!

I didn't hop on any bandwagon, but thanks, Bulls, Lakers, Chargers, Packers, Sox and Dodgers fan!

Thanks for reaffirming my point. All but the Packers are teams that play in my area (the 2 I have lived in throughout my life) except the Packers. And I became a fan of theirs before I had ever seen a Bears game, so that explains that.

The Lakers and Dodgers, I actually followed before I moved out here, even. When Magic came out of retirement, I started following the Lakers. They're in a separate conference from the Bulls, so they're acceptable as my #2. With the Dodgers, someone from my high school played for them, thus I became a fan. They're in a different league from the Sox, of course.

Man, short stack, you're like the music folder douches but in the sports folder. Elitist Napoleon complex havin' son of a bitch.

Random stuff

The Cubs and Dodgers have played each other 2,024 times since their first game in Brooklyn in 1890, splitting the all-time series 1,012-1,012.

In addition to that, the Cubs and Dodgers have never played each other in the playoffs. Which is cool, you know.

Ugh. Well, thank God I missed that. Fuck this team; nobody associated with them deserves success. Not their shithead players, not their shithead office, not their shithead fans. See ya.

Wow. Bitter, ignorant asshole much? I like you, but based on this, you're probably making a good decision staying away during the playoffs. Insulting their fans is a tad bit much, regardless of your feelings on the team.

With him gone, I'll just pick up the snark slack

It was more that the series is tied.

Over a sample size of more than 2,000 games? It would be kind of shocking if it weren't tied.

Uh, no.

Edit: As the sample gets larger, the probability of any one outcome gets much smaller.

It was more that the series is tied.

Over a sample size of more than 2,000 games? It would be kind of shocking if it weren't tied.

Uh, no.

Edit: As the sample gets larger, the probability of any one outcome gets much smaller.

What he said

Just look at the lifetime W-L records of the century-old teams... generally hovering around 45-55%

Are there any fans of playoff teams that believe at ALL in their team? It's a sad day when it seems like *I'm* the most optimistic person about their favorite team in the playoffs. It's tough to find fault with a team that won 97 times this season, but there are things I could complain about. I choose not to, since every playoff team has at least one weakness. Now, get back with me if the Cubs are a game away from elimination, but for now, I'm happy they had such a strong season, which has put them in a nice playoff position.

Are there any fans of playoff teams that believe at ALL in their team? It's a sad day when it seems like *I'm* the most optimistic person about their favorite team in the playoffs. It's tough to find fault with a team that won 97 times this season, but there are things I could complain about. I choose not to, since every playoff team has at least one weakness. Now, get back with me if the Cubs are a game away from elimination, but for now, I'm happy they had such a strong season, which has put them in a nice playoff position.

I think the Phillies are the second best team in the NL, behind the Cubs. As long as they are in it though, I hope for the best.

I do. If we get in, our pitching will win a series.

And if Manny be's Manny we might just get to the World Series.

Actually, yeah, I am fairly optimistic about the Brewers. I think they've been revitalized in the last week. Basically I see it as that they have to take one of the two games against the Phillies in Philadelphia. If they do that, they will go back to Milwaukee, and we could potentially see CC pitch twice if the series goes five games. Also, the fact that Braun and Fielder have been hitting should help. I'm not predicting that the Brewers are going to win the NL Championship, but I don't think the Phillies are going to have an easy time against them, either.

I think it's going to be kind of cool to see Tampa and Milwaukee in the playoffs this year.

Have they announced what time the one-game playoff is tomorrow? I may have to rethink my after-work plans.

That reminds me of something I've been wondering for a couple months: Are the Angels really that great? I'm not trying to discredit them, because luck or not, it takes something special to rack up 100 wins. But how much of that is a product of playing in a division with three awful teams and nothing else? They played teams like the Red Sox and Rays hard, so they're obviously capable of hanging with the big boys. But are they the juggernaut of a team their record suggests?

Can you blame me? There's nothing here to show that the White Sox would be a great playoff team. In 2005, when the White Sox was seeing their lead get squandered, they still had a decent September... Cleveland just had a better one. This year? 11-15 is nothing to be excited for, and this was a stretch they knew they had to play well. They're only fortunate the Twins were apparently not that much better. If we win tomorrow, who here actually believes they can beat the Rays in a series? Anyone?

I'm less concerned about Beckett's injury than I would have been if it happened this time last year, at least as the LDS is concerned. Lester is the ace of the staff this year and has shown he can go in October and Dice-K is a solid #2. If they make it to the LCS and he can't go, they're in trouble.

I just realized that TBS has the Divisional Series' and the ALCS this year. NO BUCK AND MCCARVER UNTIL THE WORLD SERIES!! WOO!

Prince_Fielder.jpg

The Phillies/Brewers series is tough. I think the Phillies would be a slam dunk here if I had more faith in Myers. Despite his great turnaround in the second half, his last two starts looked like the pre AS break Brett Myers.

The Brewers are in a similar position the Phillies were last year. An emotionally draining regular season with a great conclusion. The Brewers are very young and will be happy just to be there. I like the Phillies pen in this series.

I think the Phillies take it in four or five.

I just realized that TBS has the Divisional Series' and the ALCS this year. NO BUCK AND MCCARVER UNTIL THE WORLD SERIES!! WOO!

They're not doing the NLCS?