TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

The Hockey Thread - October

Is there a link to that story anywhere? It was brought up on OTR yesterday, but Onrait quoted him as "Nobody cares about guys like Jarome Iginla".

I'm going to hate him regardless, but I'd like to hear the context of it; The last three lines of Baron's post make a pretty big difference in the two statements. Additionally, Onrait said something along the lines of Avery trying to encourage a "heroes vs. villains" marketing approach, which makes me wonder if Avery's a failed wrestler or something.

Is there a link to that story anywhere? It was brought up on OTR yesterday, but Onrait quoted him as "Nobody cares about guys like Jarome Iginla".

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/2008/10/ave...rvice_send.html

I kind of agree with him in the context of the interview. Casual hockey fans could give a fuck about guys like Iginla, even though he's top five in class and skill in the league.

come on come on come on comeon come on come on come on comeon come on come on come on comeon come on come on come on comeon come on come on come on comeon come on come on come on comeon come on come on come on comeon come on come on come on comeon come on come on come on comeon come on come on come on comeon come on come on come on comeon come on come on come on comeon come on come on come on comeon come on come on come on comeon come on come on come on comeon come on come on come on comeon come on come on come on comeon come on come on come on comeon come on come on come on comeon come on come on come on comeon come on come on come on comeon come on come on come on comeon come on come on come on comeon come on come on come on comeon come on come on come on comeon come on come on come on comeon

Their passing was horrendous. I can't believe they came out of camp like that. Hopefully this won't be an indicator of things to come.

The Leafs played a lot like Chicago did last year; fast, hard, and opportunistic. Good game.

I didn't think the Leafs could pull it off. The first goal was definitely Osgood's fault.

Certainly, but the winning goal was sloppiness. That was horrid.

Bruins looked like shit defensively, but still won. I hope this is a continuing trend.

Oh and re: Marian Gaborik in the Preseason thread, he turned down a 10/80 contract extension from the Wild. I think we'll be seeing him traded somewhere.

The NHL Network is great. After watching the Ducks get pounded on FSN, I flipped over and got to see really, really good highlights from the other games. They added HNIC, so I don't have to order Center Ice this year.

We open on Saturday. Our team is sporting much more grit than last season, so I'm interested in seeing how things go. However, the defense and goaltending is still horrid.

Oh for fucks sake. The last thing I need is for dipshit Toronto fans to actually believe there's a snowballs chance in hell the team amounts to anything this year. Fuck you, Detroit.

Oh for fucks sake. The last thing I need is for dipshit Toronto fans to actually believe there's a snowballs chance in hell the team amounts to anything this year. Fuck you, Detroit.

Oh come on, you are looking at it the wrong way: This will build up hope in Maple Leafs fans before they inevitably miss the playoffs... and their chance at Tavares and Hedberg by winning too many games.

Big picture, man. Big picture.

The NHL Network is great. After watching the Ducks get pounded on FSN, I flipped over and got to see really, really good highlights from the other games. They added HNIC, so I don't have to order Center Ice this year.

We open on Saturday. Our team is sporting much more grit than last season, so I'm interested in seeing how things go. However, the defense and goaltending is still horrid.

Really? Oh, guess I wasted $159 then. But the Canucks aren't always on HNIC, so I think it's a good investment.

And I think Curry's posts in this thread are on autopilot, all he says is the same tired shit.

Really? Oh, guess I wasted $159 then. But the Canucks aren't always on HNIC, so I think it's a good investment.

Center Ice is definitely worth it if you're an out of market fan and having access to all the other games is also great. NHL Network is great as well and On The Fly(their live look in/highlights show) is awesome.

Jackets pull out a heart-stopper as Nash plugs one over the goalie's left shoulder in overtime, securing a 5-4 victory after the team had surrendered a two goal lead with less than four minutes to go in regulation. Okay performance overall - offense actually looked pretty good, but dumb penalties and confused defense negated the efforts made on that side of the puck. Leclaire performed admirably considering the amount of penalties he had to help kill and the overall porousness of the defense.

I'm hoping that since there are so many new faces on the roster it's just a matter of the team gelling, and that over the course of the year said gelling will result in less penalties and more solid defense. Still, nothing to complain about tonight. Great win.

The Sabres played a better defensive game then pretty much the entire last season today to beat the Canadiens in a shootout 2-1. It's amazing how much of a difference Numminen being out last year crippled their D. He was the only guy who could do the little things like...you know...get the puck out of our own end.

They traded Campbell at the deadline (cause they weren't gonna be able to afford him) and they got rid of Khalinan finally...and neither guy was particularly strong at the defensive part of playing defense... And replaced them with Rivet and a healthy Numminen. We'll see how going old works out in the long run...but it sure was nice not to have to watch all of our shitty turnovers end up in our net for one game.

Kings begin their quest to get out of the Western Conference cellar tomorrow night at 7. I'm excited for my first full season as a hockey fan.

That'll be really freaking tough. And your patience will be tested.

Anze Kopitar agreed to a contract extension, so I'll be happy for a while.