TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 10/7 - 10/11

With eight seconds left the Wolverines miss a 23 yard field goal that would have tied the game. Good lord.

HUGE run by Og and after Miller dropped the sure TD... CJ just pounds it in from two yards out for the TD to put us up by 10.

Texas ball. Game ovah. I guess Bama goes to #1 after this. Texas will be #2 or #3, depending on what happens in Gainesville tonight.

Fucking big time stop by the D on that one and now the crowd chants "OVER-RATED".

I'm hesitant to call this game over because OU could EASILY come back ... I mean fuck, look at what the Texans did just six days ago.

Oh, OU's out of time-outs. Yeah, Texas wins this and I can feel confident in yelling out TEXAS FIGHT..

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I'm a little sore about losing in the pickem, but it's my own fault for picking Indiana. Duh.

Nothing is as delicious as Michigan losing to a MAC team, though. Oh, that's the kind of thing I want to put in a brandy snifter.

Well I guess it's good that they found a way to disappoint me early than late.

They still have an outside shot at a title provided they win-out and Texas drops two (to like Mizzou or Texas Tech) and then OU can beat an undefeated Mizzou in the Big XII title game. BUT, given the performance of this sorry ass defense I'd expect Chase Daniel to have his revenge by ass-raping that D. Besides if this defensive performance is any indication OU will probably lose at Stillwater.

Like I said, I guess it's better they disappoint me now rather than letting my hopes get inflated high only to be crushed in a BCS game.

Of course this was OU's best chance to win a national title in a long time because of all the seniors. Oh well, I guess I can enjoy the previous 7 titles.....but that one in 2000 is becoming more and more of a distant memory.

In other Big 12 news, Kansas State is pulling its Jeckyl and Hyde act again with a good showing against Texas A&M

"We're kinda average!"

KSU needs a new coach........OU needs a new defensive coordinator.

Well it's kind of funny. Texas hasn't gotten a lot of pub this year. OU was ranked No. 1 and getting all the hype, but it's not like anything screwy happened in the game. Texas was just flat better and made more plays. Wonder why they flew under the radar being so good?

Big time win by Texas today...they showed up in the second half and actually put a big game away instead of blowing chances and giving the other team all the chances in the world to come back.

Bradford was a fucking beast, no way I could even begin to deny that he wasn't.

Colt looked great at times and others he just looked like he was in some sort of daze and didn't know when to just tuck and run.

Rest of our season doesn't get much easier with Mizzou coming down to Austin next week and us still having Tech and AnM to play...of course, if all goes well there's the Big 12 Title game and well...we tend to cough those away with bad penalties.

Big time win by Texas today...they showed up in the second half and actually put a big game away instead of blowing chances and giving the other team all the chances in the world to come back.

Bradford was a fucking beast, no way I could even begin to deny that he wasn't.

Colt looked great at times and others he just looked like he was in some sort of daze and didn't know when to just tuck and run.

Rest of our season doesn't get much easier with Mizzou coming down to Austin next week and us still having Tech and AnM to play...of course, if all goes well there's the Big 12 Title game and well...we tend to cough those away with bad penalties.

Hey Broward, growing up as a fan of the rivalry haven't you always heard the expression "This game is a game that is won in the trenches!" on all your local radio and news?

It's usually a cliche' but it was so right in this game. I mean both teams had playmakers and both teams made huge plays. BUT, Texas dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and were able to put pressure on Bradford and run the ball. And that turned out to be the difference in the game.

When tired cliche's come alive.

Are you suggesting a trade? (though Prince was an O-guy before coming to KSU)

Too bad KSU locked up Prince until 2012... though the local radio guys were wondering if we could try to get Venables again even though I don't believe the situation is any more favorable to him now than it was in '06

Are you suggesting a trade? (though Prince was an O-guy before coming to KSU)

Too bad KSU locked up Prince until 2012... though the local radio guys were wondering if we could try to get Venables again even though I don't believe the situation is any more favorable to him now than it was in '06

Hell no. I'm just saying Venables should've been the coach in the first place! He probably wouldn't have brought 50,000 JUCO guys in.

Oh trust me, I've heard that and I've also seen it go by the wayside as QB's just light up the Dallas sky with bombs all day.

I really don't think our O-Line did that great of a job. Yeah we made some blocks, gave Colt some time and FINALLY got Og open for a huge run but outside of that, they didn't really show up. D-line just began to build over time and wear OU's o-line down thru out the game and whoever made the call to just keep Melton on the fucking sideline is a genius.

I said it earlier..I really think we need to drop our reliance on the zone-read running play in favor of a more smash-mouth selection of runs.

I suppose the coaches will probably put Bama at #1 because they're retarded and love to follow the ladder system, but it really should be Texas. They haven't had a bad game all year and when they played, the #1 team in the country at a neutral site, they took it to them and won by double digits. Huge game for the Horns. The only real question should be how far to drop Oklahoma. I think they should probably fall somewhere in the 6-8 range behind Texas, Bama, the LSU/Florida winner, and whoever doesn't lose out of Texas Tech, Penn State, and USC.

Also, Colt McCoy was ridiculous today. He has to be the Heisman frontrunner now.

Oh trust me, I've heard that and I've also seen it go by the wayside as QB's just light up the Dallas sky with bombs all day.

I really don't think our O-Line did that great of a job. Yeah we made some blocks, gave Colt some time and FINALLY got Og open for a huge run but outside of that, they didn't really show up. D-line just began to build over time and wear OU's o-line down thru out the game and whoever made the call to just keep Melton on the fucking sideline is a genius.

I said it earlier..I really think we need to drop our reliance on the zone-read running play in favor of a more smash-mouth selection of runs.

Well I say the Texas O-line did well because neither team could run the ball in the first half. Texas found a way to run the ball in the second half and OU didn't.

OU's offensive line is too damn fat and they get worn down or blown by by fast guys too easily. I mean look at the Fiesta Bowl. WVU ran right by those guys like they were statues.

Also, I'm hearing some OU fans blame the officials already. But you know what? There were some terrible calls both ways so it all balances out.

Christ, looking at the rankings, the rest of this season is going to be very interesting. I mean, literally every team in the top ten plays each-other at some point. Should make for yet another BCS mess.

Christ, looking at the rankings, the rest of this season is going to be very interesting. I mean, literally every team in the top ten plays each-other at some point. Should make for yet another BCS mess.

Parity baby~!~!~!