TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

The moment your favorite superstar or any wrestler jumped the shark

Ventura got worse when Jim Ross left but he and Jim Ross were pretty good together.

Raven jumped the shark before he left for ECW, He jumped during the Dark Carnival days.

Ventura got worse when Jim Ross left but he and Jim Ross were pretty good together.

Raven jumped the shark before he left for ECW, He jumped during the Dark Carnival days.

We can both be right because the Dark Carnival was right before he left, but i remember people being real excited about his ECW return...He just completely disintegrated there.

I'd say Foley jumped when he became commissioner.

I LOVED Commissioner Foley! I thought he was great in that role!

Nothing beats Foley and HHH's interaction during HHH's kinda-face run in mid 2000, where HHH and Foley would make fun of Kurt crying at the Olympics. Funny shit.

That and seemingly making Edge and Christian's lives a living hell every week. Foley was on the money during that period.

-Val Venis when he joined RTC. That being said, it didn't do any good to go back to his old moniker several years after that. But he is still employed by The WWE, so he must be doing something right.

-Al Snow after he and Steve Blackman,("Head Cheese"), split up as a tag team.

Ah, but that neglects the line he uttered as would-be commissioner: "I've got a closet full of midgets waiting to follow my every command." And let's not forget his run as European Champion. "KOPF."

Ah, but that neglects the line he uttered as would-be commissioner: "I've got a closet full of midgets waiting to follow my every command." And let's not forget his run as European Champion. "KOPF."

Now that you mention it, I do remember his run as European Champ, as he dressed up in different European outfits each week. For some reason I thought that was before, not after Head Cheese. One things for sure, he was one of several mid-card acts that suffered when Stephanie McMahon was placed in charge of creative in late 2000. Snow, Val Venis, D-Lo Brown, etc. Also notice that when she was placed in charge of creative, the phrase "Creative has nothing for you" began to increase more and more.

Anti-Hogan Heenan was great in WCW from 94-96, but after the turn, he seemed a little lost, IMO.

Heenan still hated Hogan after the formation of the nWo.

Yeah, but it lost all of its appeal when everybody else was supposed to hate him as well. Also, WCW seemed to take a more serious turn around this time, and what was funny before really didn't fit in with what they were trying to present, thus my saying he seemed lost.

Well, not surprising that they took a more serious turn, considering the nWo was trying to destroy WCW.

When Heenan sucked up to Eric Bischoff on nWo Monday Nitro, that was classic Heenan. Then he came back the next week, apologized, and then acted like nothing happened. I thought that was great! That was totally something "The Brain" would do.

Edited by Ed Wood Caulfield

-Al Snow after he and Steve Blackman,("Head Cheese"), split up as a tag team.

For me, Al Snow jumped the shark after his aborted heel turn on Mick Foley. When he turned heel, I was thinking "OK, here we go, this is going to be awesome." He had new heel music, new tights, and seemed like he was going to be a psycho bad ass who could bring it in the ring. Then they quickly forgot about all that and made him a face again. He never recovered really after that. The team with Blackman was OK, but nothing really that memorable.

It actually was called "The Dead Pool" when Raven was part of it IIRC.

Anti-Hogan Heenan was great in WCW from 94-96, but after the turn, he seemed a little lost, IMO.

Heenan still hated Hogan after the formation of the nWo.

Yeah, but it lost all of its appeal when everybody else was supposed to hate him as well. Also, WCW seemed to take a more serious turn around this time, and what was funny before really didn't fit in with what they were trying to present, thus my saying he seemed lost.

Well, not surprising that they took a more serious turn, considering the nWo was trying to destroy WCW.

When Heenan sucked up to Eric Bischoff on nWo Monday Nitro, that was classic Heenan. Then he came back the next week, apologized, and then acted like nothing happened. I thought that was great! That was totally something "The Brain" would do.

Heenan casually taking his seat at the confusion of the other announcers was awesome. *pointing to the camera* "Roll it!"

Heenan running like a bitch anytime the nWo would come out, just in case they were gonna take over the booth always got a laugh out of me.

Also, for a while after the heel turn, Heenan always bragged about how he knew all along that Hogan was evil, and everybody else was too stupid to know. That was cool to me. no matter what, Heenan ALWAYS hated Hogan with a passion, from the 80's on, and he was finally justified.

You're sort of right and wrong about Jeff. I don't think many people thought he would beat Orton at the Rumble, but him jobbing clean was a dubious piece of booking that showed little faith in Hardy. But really I think Jeff flat out jumped the shark in the build to WM when he failed another Wellness test and was suspended for WM. He was booked to win the MITB (I would assume) and CM Punk got the briefcase instead, and went on to win the title.

You're sort of right and wrong about Jeff. I don't think many people thought he would beat Orton at the Rumble, but him jobbing clean was a dubious piece of booking that showed little faith in Hardy. But really I think Jeff flat out jumped the shark in the build to WM when he failed another Wellness test and was suspended for WM. He was booked to win the MITB (I would assume) and CM Punk got the briefcase instead, and went on to win the title.

Was hardy a lock for MITB tho ? also the wellness failure was ridiculous

I would think he was a lock, but who knows. WWE had to scramble to think of someone else and since Punk has the gimmick of being straight edge (and was over too) he got the win.

I still think the biggest chance Jeff had to be a huge star was back in 01 when the Rock had taken off after WM17, Stone Cold and HHH were both heels (Austin as HW champ, HHH as IC champ), and the Hardy Boyz were crazy over with the crowd.

So Jeff beat HHH for the IC strap in what looked like a main event push, only to have HHH beat the everloving shit out of him one week later and reclaim the title, and then Kane and Undertaker wandered down the ramp to start a feud with Trips and Austin and Jeff went back to the midcard.

Benoit jumped the shark during the Orlando Jordan feud.

Personally, Benoit proving that he could beat Orlando Jordan quicker than he could drink a cup of coffee had me laughing.

Benoit jumped the shark during the Orlando Jordan feud.

Personally, Benoit proving that he could beat Orlando Jordan quicker than he could drink a cup of coffee had me laughing.

Benoit wasn't that bad in short skits like this one. I found it funny, too.

OK, I got that slightly wrong, it was making not drinking, and he beat himself. But it a couple of years ago. And it's still funny.