TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

Is it just me or...

I just remember there used to be a lot of posters on the board, but now it seems like its getting less and less sadly.

What happened and where the hell is everyone?

I still :wub: this board though.

Guest Vitamin X

I think a lot of people are just getting turned off the cliquey nature of the board, and then you have people who are probably outgrowing wrestling by now and not feeling the other areas of the board for whatever reason.

Personally, I blame Marvin.

It's simple, really. The board doesn't do anything to ingratiate itself to new members, and most of the older members have moved on to other things in life. As has been stated elsewhere before, TSM still positions itself as a wrestling message board, but very few of the established members really follow wrestling. There is no identity. The ones who still come do so out of habit, and eventually they too will find a day when TSM no longer offers enough to make it part of their daily viewing habit.

I work 10.5 hours a day and then when I come home I'd rather spend time with my fiancee than on a message board. But, I do still find time to complain about sports. ;)

I think a lot of people are just getting turned off the cliquey nature of the board, and then you have people who are probably outgrowing wrestling by now and not feeling the other areas of the board for whatever reason.

Personally, I blame Marvin.

Im flattered.

I work 10.5 hours a day and then when I come home I'd rather spend time with my fiancee than on a message board. But, I do still find time to complain about sports. ;)

WHAT?!?!?!?

Wouldnt you rather talk about CM Punk w/ people you dont know on a message board rather than have sex w/ your beautiful fiancee?

I do notice in the middle of the night that it's very slow, but it seems fine during the day. Not 2003 or 2004 booming or anything, but fine. We have a similar issue on the IRC channel I chat in - when it's active, it's great, but it often goes hours without anyone typing a word. It's often just me and World's Worst Man talking to each other about random stuff until someone else speaks up. It was much busier years ago.

Drafts killed this place.

God, yes. Worst TSMem ever.

Because of bps participating in so many of them, his sig is fucking big now.

I keep hearing about people's sigs being too big our outdated and I feel great about having no idea what anyone is talking about. Using TSM at work and being forced to turn all images off may have been the best decision I was ever forced to make.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H
Drafts killed this place.

God, yes. Worst TSMem ever.

Because of bps participating in so many of them, his sig is fucking big now.

To whom it may concern:

The list of people, places, and things that you have drafted = long. The list of people who give a shit = just you.

Drafts were bad for the board, totally, but the fact is that we're in the twilight of this board. We've gotten older, busier, less interested in the Internet, some of us have less access to the Internet, and some of us are quality contributors who are still around the Internet like kkk or Meatwad or Vyce or Sandy or Dubs who chose to take themselves away from us in favor of the scintillating workplace ennui on Paul-n-Leena's island of asswipes. I know everyone on staff has tried in his way to forestall the demise of this board, but it's been quite uphill. I wanted to merge the liberal echo chamber here with the conservative echo chamber there, and it never worked; just like with cable news, we prefer to stay in our comfort zones with a token punching bag or two from the opposition. I recently bandied about the idea of membership drives in random AIM chats or wherever else one would find the eccentrics and deviants that this place needs, but I wasn't able to effect this plan because things have been a little hectic for me the last week or two. I was hoping we could roll back the restrictions on new posters to make them feel a little more immediately welcome rather than shut out, as Cheech alluded to upthread, but I neglected to send a few registrations to Larvae because I'm a shitty administrator, and then when one of them was spam, Cheech was like "oh look, management is asleep at the controls again!", so that does no good either.

I'm resigned to the fact that this community is going to wither and die under the Maff clan's watch, though not because we've done a terrible job with upkeep, just that this place is going to turn seven years old at the end of January, and that's only counting the Invision iteration of the board that Scott Keith introduced toward the end of the original TheSmarks site. Kids in 1st grade right now are younger than some of the threads on TSM. Maybe the board won't completely die, but it'll be reduced to such an enfeebled state that Josh ought to be called in to nuke it and replace it with a picture of a fish. If it were all to end tomorrow, I'd say we had a great run. We had fun, we honed our writing skills, we grew as readers, listeners, sports fans, and I'd venture to say that some of us, myself included, may have made friends for life. The board is failing at the moment, but in the long run, I think it was a success.

This place has been less active since 2005. I was browsing the Movies & TV Folder the other day, and the lack of threads and posts made there over the past two or three years is astounding. I had an idea to put an ad out for this place on some other site, but really, I didn't share because I thought everyone would think it was a stupid fucking idea. But really, if we wanted to get this place going like 2003 or 2004 again, that'd be the way. We would attract some retards of course, but we'd get some good posters out of it, I think.

So no, it's not just you. We'll always have some sort of board, because one of us will try their best to keep something open, even if this place ever did go into the shitter. It hasn't yet, but it always could. Overall, I'm going to blame it on other regimes and say they banned too many fucking people.

This place has been less active since 2005. I was browsing the Movies & TV Folder the other day, and the lack of threads and posts made there over the past two or three years is astounding. I had an idea to put an ad out for this place on some other site, but really, I didn't share because I thought everyone would think it was a stupid fucking idea. But really, if we wanted to get this place going like 2003 or 2004 again, that'd be the way. We would attract some retards of course, but we'd get some good posters out of it, I think.

Go for it.

Czech's post was one big TL, DR.

Go for it.

I'm poor, I can't. I can't even afford to go to a TNA show at the moment. Tickets are only 20 bucks too. I can't find a job, so I'm depressed.

Go for it.

Czech's post was one big TL, DR.

Good, because it was the buzzkill of the year. At least I had the decency to lie in the very dead Raw thread and claim I accidentally deleted a bunch of posts just to make it seem like everything was a-ok.