TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

SNL - Josh Brolin/Adele

I wonder why SNL started it's season earlier as compared to years' past? If anything, I thought they would've started it later this season, seeing as all the extra work they have to do with the Thurs. Night Update and all.

It's because of the strike. Lorne wanted to do 22 episodes to make up for last year

I thought Lorne or NBC wanted more time before the election to political skits.

I really wish they'd bring back Classic SNL. The stretch where they were showing 94-95 shows was great- like watching a weekly car wreck

I remember when I was a kid and Comedy Central would show reruns of the 1980-81 season. WOW.

Boy did the SNL reruns moving to E! not turn out well. E! has the rights to every episode and they just keep rerunning the same ones. Which host will it be: Justin Timberlake, Scarlett Johansson, Britney Spears, Jennifer Aniston, Paris Hilston, or Lindsay Lohan. Those seem to be the only episodes E! is interested in showing. Sometimes they'll throw Will Ferrell or Steve Carell into the mix.

Boy did the SNL reruns moving to E! not turn out well. E! has the rights to every episode and they just keep rerunning the same ones. Which host will it be: Justin Timberlake, Scarlett Johansson, Britney Spears, Jennifer Aniston, Paris Hilston, or Lindsay Lohan. Those seem to be the only episodes E! is interested in showing. Sometimes they'll throw Will Ferrell or Steve Carell into the mix.

Yeah, that was a huge waste. I loved SNL reruns on Comedy Central, they always played three or four a day and there was a good range of episodes shown from the mid-80's to the present, with the occasional Ebersol-era episode thrown in late at night. I hated the fact that they went to E! when it happened and I still hate it now because just as I feared, they have the entire run of the series and they don't show shit from it that wasn't done in the last couple of years.

yeah. When E! first got the rights to the episodes, I thought there was promise because they were showing episodes from the 70s that I never saw on Comedy Central. The aired them a little while, made their own "101 Moments" show and then started showing the same few from the past couple seasons. I'd say those couple mentioned are the only ones I've seen as well as the Christina Aguilera and the Olsen Twins episode are on all the time.

I don't think anyone but NBC has the rights to the stuff from the 70s. Back in the 80s, they'd rerun 30-minute versions of them on Nick at Nite, but except for when they occasionally rerun one on NBC, I have not seen them since.

I think the only place the Ebersol years will ever see the light of day again is on possible Eddie Murphy compilations. Virtually everything good about those years is already on the "Best of Eddie Murphy" DVD.