TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 10/28 - 11/2

Fuck this. Texas should be at #5 and the Gators should be at #4.

...wait, what? Texas, who lost at the last second to a Top 10 --RANKED-- team should slip behind a Florida team who lost at home to Ole Miss on what grounds? Florida plays in the SEC? Florida whipped up on a Georgia team that while good, isn't the great national title team everyone said they'd be? If there was any big issue, Penn State staying at 3rd is a bit of a bitch move as it should be Bama / Penn State / Tech.

Fuck this. Texas should be at #5 and the Gators should be at #4.

...wait, what? Texas, who lost at the last second to a Top 10 --RANKED-- team should slip behind a Florida team who lost at home to Ole Miss on what grounds? Florida plays in the SEC? Florida whipped up on a Georgia team that while good, isn't the great national title team everyone said they'd be? If there was any big issue, Penn State staying at 3rd is a bit of a bitch move as it should be Bama / Penn State / Tech.

It's close enough that you could pretty much say they're equal right now. Tech's played the better schedule, so they have an edge in the computers.

Also Broward, you know how it goes. Who did you lose to lately? Losing early in the season to lower quality opponents isn't as bad as losing to a ranked team later on in the season. This isn't new to any of us. This shouldn't be a surprise at all.

Michigan dropping a load to App State last year not withstanding.

I know.. I mean I'm happy with where Texas is on the list, glad to see they stayed in the top five..more than happy to see them ahead of OU.

I was just pointing out that that BCS ranking is actually pretty decent and that the only real gripe one could make is Tech being ahead of Penn State.

..like I said earlier, now I can only hope OSU and OU handle their own business and take care of Tech for us and we can two-step our way back into a title game.

Oh, and LSU getting revenge on Saban at home next Saturday would be nice as well.

Even as a die hard Gator fan its difficult for me to justify putting Florida over Texas at this point. Yes, Florida is arguably the hottest team in the country right now, but losing at home to a pretty bad Ole Miss team is inexcusable, while Texas lost to a damn good Texas Tech team on the road on a last second miracle. Unless Texas loses again, I really can't argue putting the Gators ahead of the Horns.

I know.. I mean I'm happy with where Texas is on the list, glad to see they stayed in the top five..more than happy to see them ahead of OU.

I was just pointing out that that BCS ranking is actually pretty decent and that the only real gripe one could make is Tech being ahead of Penn State.

..like I said earlier, now I can only hope OSU and OU handle their own business and take care of Tech for us and we can two-step our way back into a title game.

Oh, and LSU getting revenge on Saban at home next Saturday would be nice as well.

The way I see the Big XII south 3-way tie scenarios is this.

A tie between Texas, Tech and OSU will probably send Texas to KC.

A tie between Texas, OU and Tech will probably send OU to KC. Yes OU lost to Texas but the fact that they will beat Tech and OSU two weeks in a row should be enough to vault them over Texas for the pollsters and the BCS.

That second scenario would give OSU at least three losses though. How impressed would the voters be by OU beating a 3-loss team, especially since the teams they'd be tied with have also beaten OSU?

And honestly, who cares at this point? Tech is going to lose to OSU and OU, OU will beat OSU, and this whole thing will be moot because Texas, which is going to win out, will have the tiebreaker over OU.

What a mess between 1-7 right about now. Thank goodness there is about a month left to get this settled. Although you know with all the chaos from last year perhaps NOTHING is settled.

Has anyone been to BCSFootball.org? You have to kind of admire their brazenness in having these headlines under "BCS News":

• Playoff taking place right now

• Officials: BCS too healthy to change

• No desire to see BCS format grow

• Playoff smayoff! We don't need it