TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Silence

Super Crazy released

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of SmackDown Superstar Super Crazy as of Nov. 5, 2008. WWE wishes Super Crazy the best in all future endeavors.

Ah, yet another thread of "how did he survive this long!".

Where next for Crazy? Is he a welcome addition to the flailing X-Division? Is he what ROH is looking for?

Is he done with wrestling?

Generic mow my lawn reference (This is a reference to the Mexicools coming down on lawnmowers.. unfortunately certain dickwads didn't get it)?

from Rajah.com via WON:

SmackDown wrestler Super Crazy (real name Francisco Pantoja Islas) reportedly quit the company at a show this past week.

It came out of nowhere, and he was said to be unhappy with his status in the company. He's been been promised pushes a number of times, but they've never materialized.

Senior Vice President of Talent Relations John Laurinaitis didn't take the news too well. Laurinaitis told Islas, "Do you know how many wrestlers in Mexico want to be here?"

Islas was telling friends that despite his low-level position with the company, he was happy with the pay, but unhappy with his job.

Should WWE release Islas, he is eligible to collect three months of pay without working due to the non-compete clause, but he's willing to waive it because he simply wants to wrestle to the best of his ability. If he waives the non-compete clause, he is still not able to go to TNA for 90 days, but that's probably not his goal anyway.

In an update to this story, WWE released a statement on the company website this afternoon acknowledging his departure from the company.

I would be mad too if I was him, since they took another jobber like Funaki, and gave him a new gimmick and a win over one of their "stars" MVP, yet Crazy gets released. Its almost like Funaki took his place.

Damn I didn't even know he was still in WWE. Just another solid talent wasted and let go. Well hey, at least the pay was good. Good Luck Super Crazy, hope something more along the lines of what you want comes along.

Crazy has nobody to blame but himself. If he took care of himself physically he might have got a decent push considering the lack of Mexican wrestlers on the roster.

Super Crazy was never pushed correctly and he was taken off tv even when he didn't have a gut. He was the most over out of the three Mexicools and when that disbanded, WWE did really nothing with the guy.

Sure they put him on tv for a few weeks to lose to people but he really was never given another decent push after the Mexicools.

Which really sucks because Super Crazy is a really talented wrestler. The guy could have been really another Rey Mysterio for the company.

Crazy did let himself go because if you were watching the guy's ECW work in 1999-2000 he was a tremendous worker.

Even if he could still be that guy, which I couldn't tell you either way, WWE does not want their talents to work that style of match at all.

dude this one time I saw him and he wrestling likwe Chirs Masters.

Ok.

So Crazy does this moonsault that was nuts, but you know what?

Spot omkneys aren't my thing. It sucks he got releasesd BUT he's no Kane, he's no Rey Rey, he's no Tazz.

I did enjoy him though.

Why not? Tajiri wrestled largely the same style and used the same spots in WWE that he used in ECW. It was mostly that Crazy had clearly lost a step and wasn't in good shape, and for a guy who has to have quick and exciting cruiser matches that's a major detriment.

The thing about Tajiri's wrestling style is that it's slow and vicious but he can also mix in some speed and high risk as well. So overall Tajiri is someone who could work his style to a T and wouldn't have to really change it up for any one just because he knew how to balance it out to anyone's strength or weakness.

Crazy'll probably be happier and more successful in Mexico. I assume AAA, from my limited knowledge of Mexican wrestling, is his natural next move.

I believe he has a good relationship with Konnan and I know the MexiPowers lost Juvi recently after he had another one of his Juvi moments. He'll fit right in with them. If not then he goes to CMLL but I'd say AAA is his most likely destination.

its too bad there aren;'t any latino martial arts so super crazy can't go be like funaki now Knung Funaki

If he was from the further south he could have adopted Brazil Ju Jitsu.

Prowrestling.net is now reporting that S.C. wasn't released, he quit on his own. Apparently Crazy wasn't happy with the way he wasn't being used on WWE T.V. Can't blame him there.

Prowrestling.net is now reporting that S.C. wasn't released, he quit on his own. Apparently Crazy wasn't happy with the way he wasn't being used on WWE T.V. Can't blame him there.

Welcome to the 5th post in the thread.

Lower card guys want out all the time, this isn't new, he likely burned a bridge if Johnny Ace wasn't happy about it though.

I guess this means that Val should be getting his pink slip sometime in 2012.

I think WWE should have gave Val the current gimmick that Khali is doing now.

Not speak english, have a translator, and have the translator pick out women for him to kiss?

dude this one time I saw him and he wrestling likwe Chirs Masters.

Ok.

So Crazy does this moonsault that was nuts, but you know what?

Spot omkneys aren't my thing. It sucks he got releasesd BUT he's no Kane, he's no Rey Rey, he's no Tazz.

I did enjoy him though.

I am not entertained by this gimmick poster.