CanadianChris

WWE Raw - November 10, 2008

The crowd has decided to take a nap.

So we can expect

Orton/Manu/Rhodes/DiBiase

vs.

Batista/CM Punk/Kofi/???

for Survivor Series?

Add Shawn and Rey to the face side and JBL to join the heels. Perhaps take Manu out for Regal or Kane.

Things I learned from RAW tonight:

John Cena is returning at Survivor Series

*yes, I knew already, but they don't have to ram it down your throat

and

Resistance 2 is out NOW for Playstation 3

Santino getting destroyed in a minute was interesting.

I still wonder if they will simply put the IC back on Santino once they get back to the US. Though I must say if Curt Hennig was still alive he would probably take offense at being lumped in with the Honky Tonk Man and The Mountie among IC champions.

Jericho/Michaels was fun stuff for free TV and at least they finally blew off the Kane/Rey feud. So the show had that much going for it. The Orton/Cody/Manu stuff though....I don't get it. I don't see why these guys are interacting. Sure, it will end with Orton leading these guys as a faction, but the way it is right now I don't see why they just don't leave Orton alone and vice versa.

And that Jericho was the FINAL WCW Champ

Come to think of it, The Rock was the last WCW Champ. They started referring to it as the World Heavyweight Championship the night after Survivor Series.

According to WWE.com's title history for the WCW title, Jericho is the final WCW Champ.

Yes, please don't bring this up because doing so will make people think the World Heavyweight Championship from 2001 and the World Heavyweight Championship from 2002 are the same belt. That's a no win argument.

As soon as Santino said he was done with the Honk-A-Meter and did the crazy Honk-a-Perfect-Mountie Meter, you knew that was the end of the joke. I had no problem with that since the joke basically ended at Cyber Sunday. Regal made the win seem important too, so good stuff all around.

Manu's spear sell was awesome.

For what it's worth as it pertains to Santino toking up, they didn't start testing wrestlers for pot until three weeks after he lost his first IC title, so that isn't what killed this mystery worker's first push.

The show was OK, nothing to special. I just loved seeing all of the wrestlers really, seen as thought we barley get to see them. I marked out like a lil bitch when Regal won the belt.

The faces getting booed out of the building (Batista in particular) was hillarious. God bless us Smarky Brits.

Rey/Kane was pretty damn good with Kane bumping around for Rey's offense and selling it like a champ.

I never really got why they were feuding, but I enjoyed their in ring work togeather. Some really good big man vs. little man stuff, and Kane's bumping really made it look like Mysterio can beat anyone regardless of size.

I really enjoyed the Raw taping, the crowd live sounded amazing, haven't watched it back on Sky+ yet so can't say how well it was picked up. Odd thing was, where I was sitting at least, Regal didn't get that much of a HUGE pop. However, ECW's Finlay v Matt Hardy was a good match I'd recommend watching that.

I watched that Finlay match Chris, I download ECW the day after it's aired over in the States, and I must say, the crowd were very appreciative. Dueling chants, and the hardly-ever-seen chants from the crowd. England fans always chant or sing something.

I wish more crowds in the States would sing.

Edit: Like, when a referee or manager messes up in football, i'd love to see a wrestler blodge a move, and the crowd start shouting 'you don't know what you're doing'.

When PWG toured over here a couple of years ago, Andy Simmons one of the UK wrestlers got "You're shit and you know you are", "Simmons takes it up the arse" and "Stand up if you hate Simmons". One of my favourite matches ever for that reason alone. Probably never get going with a WWE crowd, but I think with the way the UK crowds tend to feel about Cena you might get the latter one going.

I love how the UK fans still cheer when they're 'supposed' to cheer. That's a relic of the days when UK shows were rare and people would react to everything. Like every line Santino said, they cheered.