TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

WWE Raw - November 10, 2008

From Wrestleboard, updated as they come in:

* A WrestleMania XXIV video package is shown.

Dark Match:

* Snitsky b. “Rowdy” Charlie Piper (Charlie Haas)

- Haas gets the win with the rollup pinfall.

Raw: (Airing Tonight)

* Prior to the taping, Lilian comes out and sings the English National anthem.

* Batista comes out and says he wants a rematch against Chris Jericho. Stephanie McMahon appears on the screen and says not tonight. She announces Kane vs. Rey Mysterio in a no disqualification match and Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho in a last man standing match for tonight.

Randy Orton comes out and says he deserves a match for the title. Randy vs. Batista is then announced for later tonight.

* William Regal b. Santino Marella to become the new Intercontinental Champion in a quick match. (Indications are that the match was under a minute.)

* Mike Knox b. D'Lo Brown in a quick match.

- Knox got the win following a spinning neckbreaker.

* Santino Marella and Beth Phoenix are shown backstage. Santino tell her that he spoke with Shane McMahon and that she has a match for the women's title against Mickie James. She attempts to slap him but misses.

* A John Cena video package is shown.

* Chris Jericho out to cut a promo. He talks about how Shawn Michaels and Batista both had sad stories and that Cena will have one after Survivor Series.

* Rey Mysterio makes his way out to the ring.

* Rey Mysterio b. Kane

- Rey drops Kane into an exposed middle turnbuckle and hits a seated senton from the top for the win.

* Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, and Manu are all shown backstage. Orton tells Rhodes and Manu they aren't in his league. Rhodes slaps Orton.

* JBL comes to the ring. He says he's going to give away one thousand pounds. A fan comes to the ring and JBL tells him he has to name vice presidents to win. He tells him to get out. Cryme Tyme enter the ring and give away JBL's money.

* Prior to the Randy Orton vs. Batista match, Cody Rhodes comes out and says he'll beat Batista. Batista pins Rhodes after hitting the Batista bomb and spears Manu. Batista chases Randy Orton to the back.

* Beth Phoenix b. Mickie James to retain the WWE Women's Championship.

- Beth gets the win after Santino distracts Mickie. After the match Santino puts Beth on his shoulders to celebrate.

* A Chris Jericho/Shawn Michaels highlight video is shown. The last man standing match is up next.

* Chris Jericho b. Shawn Michaels

- They work on the ramp and into the UK set, with Jericho throwing Michaels into a taxi they have setup. Jericho locks in the Walls of Jericho on top of it. Michaels ends up countering and throws Jericho off the stage. HBK drops the elbow on Jericho through the announce table. JBL comes out and distracts Michaels while Jericho hits him with the title. JBL hits Michaels with a chair right after Michaels hits Jericho with Sweet Chin Music. Jericho gets up at 9, as Michaels is counted out. Jericho is the last man standing in what was described to us as a very good TV match.

* After the show JBL attacks Michaels. Micheals fights back and hits Sweet Chin Music on him. Michaels poses for the fans to end the night.

* Mike Knox b. D'Lo Brown in a quick match.

- Knox got the win following a spinning neckbreaker.

Welcome back to being on TV, D'Lo! We're going to job you out to Mike Knox in less then 3 minutes!

Where is Ted DiBiase? Is he the Million Dollar Dopehead?

That might explain his absence.

More likely it's because he shouldn't be on the show a week after being a recipient of the Orton Kick of Death.

I have the feeling that Regal win is a home country deal and he will just end up jobbing it back to Santino once they hit the States again. I was hoping they would run this Santino angle all the way to the HTM week 64 limit and then The Ultimate Haas would beat him for the belt.

I have the feeling that Regal win is a home country deal and he will just end up jobbing it back to Santino once they hit the States again. I was hoping they would run this Santino angle all the way to the HTM week 64 limit and then The Ultimate Haas would beat him for the belt.

Problem being that Santino isn't nearly that entertaining to keep the angle going for 50 more weeks, and I consider myself a fan. And furthermore I don't think Haas will be playing this imitation gimmick a year from now either. It would have been one thing if Santino was booked as a competent wrestler, but he's a comedy act and wins by fluke. If somebody is going to hold the IC title for a year, I want a kickass wrestler to do it.

I hope Regal (with Layla) keep the title for awhile and is a fighting champion. However there is a lot of IC-calibre talent locked up in the tag title scene right now. CM Punk, Kofi Kingston, Ted Dibaise and Cody Rhodes could all be viable contenders. Is regal still feuding with Noble? Is that an IC caliber feud? I guess the best match-up feud right now would be Regal vs Mysterio. D'Lo Brown would be another possibility.

Depending on how the match plays out, I wouldn't be surprised if Marella uses a loophole to regain the title and explain he never lost either.

I like how CanadianChris goes by the Dave Scherer theory of non-spoilers by listing matches that are spoilers.

Go by the WWE.Com preview.