TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

NFL Week 12

Bills just scored to go up 30-17 on the Chiefs. Nice first half for the Bills (especially McKelvin with his two INTs, one for a score) but it's too late in the season to mean anything, more than likely.

Sadly, you're probably right. Where the hell was this team Monday night?

I don't know how I double posted here. In order to save this post, the Giants had all kinds of time and space to throw the ball on the first drive. If that's the case for most of this game it's going to be a high scoring affair.

For the first time, I'm convinced that the Jets can make some noise in the playoffs. They flat-out dominated the Titans today. Every aspect of the team was at the top of their game. Biggest win for the franchise since at least 2006. Can't say much else except here's hoping they can keep the ship steady and maybe even grab a bye.

It's a sad day in Philadelphia. The only satisfaction I get out of this is the pro pro pro Eagles fans trying to say how the Eagles are the best team in Philly. Hi Phillies, how are you? Other than that, I'm still bummed.

Will the Eagles finally fire Andy Reid, or does he get more time?

Reid will get one McNabb-less season. Never mind all the poor personnel decisions are the fault of Reid and that's the main reason this team is so mediocre to horrible. I say if he stays (and goodness knows they are probably hoping he steps down) then he'll lose control over personnel decisions.

If he keeps his job AND still gets to make personnel decisions well then the Eagles are run by idiots.

Will the Eagles finally fire Andy Reid, or does he get more time?

Reid will get one McNabb-less season. Never mind all the poor personnel decisions are the fault of Reid and that's the main reason this team is so mediocre to horrible. I say if he stays (and goodness knows they are probably hoping he steps down) then he'll lose control over personnel decisions.

If he keeps his job AND still gets to make personnel decisions well then the Eagles are run by idiots.

That's pretty much how non-Eagles fans are viewing this, so are you an Eagles fan? I was hoping to get the perspective of one, and that about sums up how I think they feel right now.

As an Eagles fan, 2GOLD is right on the money in my view. I mean, how can you keep up with the NFC East by the team we have now? The offense is the most disappointing it's been in years, maybe even in the past 10 years.

Hmm, as soon as I turned on the Giants game, Toomer scores a TD. Upon further review, with the benefit of DVR, I rewinded it and played it slowly and the ball didn't cross the goal line before Toomer's knee was down. Pretty close, and you would think the booth would review it.

I didn't review the first page, but was nothing made of the USFL-like fourth quarter in Cleveland?

Who the hell is Kevin Kolb? I know Philly's been a trainwreck and probably shouldn't be the measuring stick, but take away last week's snoozer - Baltimore's scoring 35 a game!

The Cardinals are attempting a free kick now. If they make it it'll be the first one since 1968.

EDIT: It wasn't even close.

I didn't review the first page, but was nothing made of the USFL-like fourth quarter in Cleveland?

Who the hell is Kevin Kolb? I know Philly's been a trainwreck and probably shouldn't be the measuring stick, but take away last week's snoozer - Baltimore's scoring 35 a game!

They drafted him in the the 2nd round from Houston a few years ago.

Hey, what the hell is a free kick? What the hell did Arizona just attempt there?

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Yeah, I just came back from the kitchen to see "68 yard attempt."

What the fuck was that?

All I know is the free kick means the other team cannot line up against the line of scrimmage. So really the kicker can drive it lower without being afraid of it getting blocked. I heard this a few years ago, but forget the language.

All I know is the free kick means the other team cannot line up against the line of scrimmage. So really the kicker can drive it lower without being afraid of it getting blocked. I heard this a few years ago, but forget the language.

That's pretty much what it was, but they can have someone hold it like if it was a kickoff on a windy day. No snap, rush or anything like that but it counts for three if it goes through the uprights. Rackers shanked it miserably and then it was like a regular kickoff. Just seems like a very odd play to run.

That WR for NYG got away with a pretty blatant push off on NY's last TD drive. That defender for AZ had every right to be pissed.

Remember when the NFL said they were going to call offensive PI more? Yeah, whatever happened to that? I remember it being called more for like two weeks before things went back to normal.

Remember when the NFL said they were going to call offensive PI more? Yeah, whatever happened to that? I remember it being called more for like two weeks before things went back to normal.

I only see them call it on the really tall receivers. If someone like Plax had done it, that would have been a penalty. Someone Steve Smith's size can get away with it almost every time.

Guest Czecherbear

Offensive pass interference doesn't make any goddamn sense. You're interfering with the cornerback's ability to steal from you?

Guest Agent of Oblivion

The receiver is obtaining an unfair advantage. Why not just smash the cornerback down every play at the line, then?

Guest Czecherbear

I just think of an interception as the absolute worst-case scenario, as opposed to "they have an equal right to the ball."

Guest Czecherbear

How much of your avatar is legit Giants pride and how much is gently mocking the fact that Eli Manning's mouth is hanging open like a retard?

Six of one, a half dozen of the other. Eli forgetting to take off his pads before putting on the champions t-shirt is the reason I've kept it up this long.