TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jaxxson Mayhem

Role Models

Very, very funny movie. You can tell that Rudd wrote it as well, as most of the dialouge is made up of one liners that consist of dry humor.

I couldn't have been the only one thinking that Stiffler was gonna hook up with Ronnie's mom at some point, right?

Yah I fully expected that to happen as well.

But yah, very funny movie. I was surprised. The ending wasn't even as predictable as I expected. I was expecting

a melodramatic court scene

. Plus, best use of the song 'Beth' that I've ever heard.

I couldn't have been the only one thinking that Stiffler was gonna hook up with Ronnie's mom at some point, right?

Yah I fully expected that to happen as well.

But yah, very funny movie. I was surprised. The ending wasn't even as predictable as I expected. I was expecting

a melodramatic court scene

. Plus, best use of the song 'Beth' that I've ever heard.

I too, was expecting that to happen. I was happy that it didn't go that way though, as that wasn't what the story was about.

I agree with the 'Beth' usage as well.

I don't see how any one who had seen anything Bobbi J had done or knew who Paul Rudd was could think this movie would be dumb. I was super pumped for this movie. Glad it lived up to it because I was kind of let down by Zach and Miri.

I don't see how any one who had seen anything Bobbi J had done or knew who Paul Rudd was could think this movie would be dumb. I was super pumped for this movie. Glad it lived up to it because I was kind of let down by Zach and Miri.

Paul Rudd was the reason I even went (that and it was a free screening pass). I figured even if the story was dumb (I had no idea Rudd wrote it) at least Paul Rudd would be able to salvage it. But the movie had me hooked at "stupid in three languages."

Role Models hit DVD today, so I figured I'd bring the discussion back. I had really wanted to see this movie in theaters, but didn't catch any of the movies I had wanted to see this fall. Most of the comedies I wanted to see from the fall didn't live up to my expectations, but this one had me laughing. Got me even more excited for "I Love You, Man".

Yeah this was a really fun movie. Rudd carries it big time since otherwise it would be a movie full of one note actors like Stiffler and McLovin. But Rudd being such an insufferable prick saves the day, haha.

I really liked how Rudd and Elizabeth Banks were already a couple at the start. Having seen the previews, I had assumed that she would be the object of his affections for him to win in the end. Sure, it wasn't that much different, but I enjoyed the change. Great movie. I've gotta go back and watch it again because I missed the entire camping sequence.

I was watching this at work yesterday, what a great movie. Last year was a great year for comedies, and this one was certainly at the front of the pack.

I hate to be the guy to say he hated a movie that almost everyone else liked, but I was really disappointed with this. I do tend to find something likeable about most movies, and I will say this is worth watching and has a few small laughs. I just didn't find it gut busting like a lot of the recent comedies of the last few years.

I hate to be the guy to say he hated a movie that almost everyone else liked, but I was really disappointed with this. I do tend to find something likeable about most movies, and I will say this is worth watching and has a few small laughs. I just didn't find it gut busting like a lot of the recent comedies of the last few years.

I'm kinda in this camp. I liked it quite a bit but it wasn't as funny as I was expecting. I was amped to see this the weekend after Christmas when it was at our local theater because it looked like it was going to be hilarious. Then they removed it when it ran less than a week (it was there the week of Christmas so it was only there till Wednesday afternoon) and I had to wait for the dvd.

Anyway, I had a lot of moments when I would chuckle or smile but very few big laugh moments. I liked it but I was disappointed because I expected funnier.