TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Giuseppe Zangara

List Things That Bother You

It's not bad at all. I've done it with a couple albums. Back in 2003 I picked up "Year of the Spider" by Cold (fuck the haters), and the Tough Enough 2 theme song, "Gone Away", was a hidden track, 16 minutes into the final song on the album. I simply copied the last song the last track, renamed it in iTunes, and adjusted the begin time on the track to 16:09. It shouldn't be too much to do 2 minutes of work.

Onto things that bother me:

I don't know why, but I HATE HATE HATE the word "gift". I'll use "present", even if it doesn't make sense in the way it's being used, before i use "gift".

It bothers me when people use "as", if they're too lazy to type "because" or "since".

OK, OK, so that doesn't bother me so much anymore.

But I have another one. Let's see if you can ruin this for me: gift cards, what a terrible gift. It's basically saying, hey, I'm not creative enough to think of a real gift to buy you, and I think cash is too tacky, so I'm going to force you to shop at this store. I don't need anymore plastic cluttering my wallet. And now they're everywhere, freaking supermarkets are selling gift cards to every store imaginable, half of which will probably be useless because everything's going out of business. Screw gift cards and the people who give them.

Sucks to you, gift cards are awesome.

I mean, I see the laziness aspect, but at the same time, am I really supposed to keep track of everything my dad has read this year, and every book he's getting, just to insure I don't buy him a book he's already read? Gift card says "I know you like to read, but I don't know what you've read this year, so you can pick it yourself."

Plus I don't like asking any one person for something expensive, so I just tell various people to get me certificates and pool them together. That way, I get what I want and no one goes broke. Plus, it's not like I can tell my parents I want the new Iced Earth CD and actually get it. I'd get some CD by some band that has a name that sounds like Iced Earth instead.

Guest Smues
Gift cards are nice because if you get cash, you'll be nagging yourself to spend it on bills... gift cards force you to get something fun.

Ding ding ding.

Guest Vitamin X

Not to mention if you live somewhere where there's not a whole lot of that particular chain, it forces you to go way the hell out of your way to spend $15 on something you probably wouldn't have otherwise gotten.

At least where I live, most chain stores are out in the suburbs, so it would require me borrowing a car or taking a bus for 10-15 miles to spend money at Best Buy. Screw that.

Yeah but a lot of major chains will let you use your gift cards for online orders. I know Best Buy does that as I've gotten them for the past two or three years and always ordered online or for in-store pickup.

Gift cards are nice because if you get cash, you'll be nagging yourself to spend it on bills... gift cards force you to get something fun.

That's your own problem of self control. Don't glorify gift cards because of it. And how about you force yourself to buy something fun for the other person?

To the other guy, you don't need to catalogue your dad's book collection just to figure out what he doesn't have yet. Just think of something he'd want and take a chance. Or buy the damn book and hope he doesn't have it, the same way civilization has been doing it for the past 2000 years. Jesus might have already had some myrrh - do you think the 3 kings were worried? Hell no.

Jerks. I have a cleft lip. It's not as bad as some of the more severe cases, though. It's not really noticeable until you've seen me up close about 10 times. I had a broken nose to go with it, too, but I've gotten that fixed since. In a picture I posted on the board of my and me gf, I don't think you can really notice it, but then again my face was turned a bit.

Anyways, about gift cards. The best gift card is the one you can use for anything. The Visa and American Express gift cards are great. I got my girlfriend two $100 ones to get herself a new phone at TMobile because I didn't know which phone she would like more, so I'll let her make the decision. Those are the really good type of gift cards. Besides, it's not like you can get anything awesome at Best Buy with a $25 gift card.

I've had the same dream three nights in a row, in which I'm just laying on my bed, and all this weird shit goes on in my room. Dreams like that bother me.

I gotta say, I don't think the Three Wise Men were worried that Jesus already had myrh, because he had just been born. Poor kid didn't even have a cradle to sleep in yet.

Furthermore, if I choose a book and he already has it, then he's gonna want the recipt so he can take the book back and get a new one. But with a gift card, there's nothing to take back, he just gets himself a book.

That said, I generally do buy him books straight-up, but this year my sister went and wrapped all the books he was being given without taking note of what they were, so I had no idea what he was already being given, and I don't like giving repeats. So I went for the card, and actually explained that to him.

I will note though, that even I hate gift cards in some instances. I mean, I got a gift card to McDonald's this year. Sure, I'm gonna use it, but...McDonalds? Yeeesh. When literally every single place on earth is offering gift cards, that cheeses me off, but when it comes to things like music/books, when it can be tricky to know exactly what someone likes/owns? Yeah, I'd rather let them select it.