TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chazz

WWE Raw; 11-24-08

According to the preview on WWE.com;

-There will be the start of a No.1 Contenders Tournament to William Regal's I.C. Title. No names or brackets were announced.

-There will also be a re-match of last week's Mysterio/HBK vs Miz/Morrison tag team match.

Bring on the SPINNER World Heavyweight Championship. I'm actually pumped to see what it will look like.

Hopefully the bracket will include CM Punk, Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase Jr. (if he comes back), Kofi Kingston, Shad Gaspard, and John Morrison.

Man, when was the last time they did a tournament to name the No. 1 Contender for a midcard title? I'm intrigued. I figure it'll end up with CM Punk winning, since they can play up the fact that Punk pinned Regal last night, and Regal beat Punk to win KOTR.

Besides, Punk likely won't be near the World Title anytime soon with Cena and Jericho likely continuing their feud, and Batista is still owed his rematch.

Man, when was the last time they did a tournament to name the No. 1 Contender for a midcard title? I'm intrigued. I figure it'll end up with CM Punk winning, since they can play up the fact that Punk pinned Regal last night, and Regal beat Punk to win KOTR.

Besides, Punk likely won't be near the World Title anytime soon with Cena and Jericho likely continuing their feud, and Batista is still owed his rematch.

Can't we just say Batista was given his rematch during one of the many many many attempts to win the title retroactively? I have no interest in Batista near the belt for the time being.

Can't we just say Batista was given his rematch during one of the many many many attempts to win the title retroactively? I have no interest in Batista near the belt for the time being.

I don't think anyone has any interest in more Batista title shots, but we have to face it... he's never going away, unless he gets injured or something.

Punk or Kofi would make the most sense winning the tournament to feud with Regal, however both are Tag Champs (even though the tag titles are basically useless). Is Dibiase back from filming the movie yet? What brand is Ken Kennedy on? He's ready to go again and didn't he and Regal have issues before?

You could probably chose eight out of the following -

Charlie Haas

CM Punk

Cody Rhodes

D'Lo Brown

Dolph Ziggler

Jamie Noble

Kofi Kingston

Mike Knox

Santino Marella

Ted Jr

Manu

Now a face will have to win if they want to get any interest whatsoever. So that means Punk, Haas, Kofi, D'Lo or Noble. I guess Rey Mysterio could slum here assuming he's done with Kane.

Don't forget about Orton claiming to be "next in line".

WWE.com reports for the tournament:

Kingston vs. Kane

Mysterio vs. Miz

Finlay vs. Morrison

Punk vs. Snitsky

WWE.com reports for the tournament:

Kingston vs. Kane

Mysterio vs. Miz

Finlay vs. Morrison

Punk vs. Snitsky

Only 3 I see winning it are Kofi, Punk, and Mysterio. If the brackets are set up in the order they're listed, we could potentially have Punk vs. Kingston for the finals.

It's such a shame that the great character of JBL had to come at the tail end of Bradshaw's career. Just imagine if he wasn't so broken down and he was in the shape he was in during the Attitude era.

It's such a shame that the great character of JBL had to come at the tail end of Bradshaw's career. Just imagine if he wasn't so broken down and he was in the shape he was in during the Attitude era.

Just imagine if they kept him as a commentator instead of him unretiring for no reason.