TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the NBA

Oops- way too late.

Lawrence Frank has the 4th longest tenure of any coach. That's what happens when you coach for a team whose own management doesn't care about them

According to John Hollinger's stats, the Cavs are currently on their way to having the most dominant season in NBA history. Yes, the 2008-09 Cavs have a chance to be the greatest team in NBA history. I'm not advocating this position or pushing it, but I would like to introduce it for consumption by TSM.

Playoff odds currently project the team as having a 54% chance of winning the NBA title. Really. That means if someone offered you the Cavs or the field as NBA champions, you'd be wise to take the Cavs. I'm having a difficult time wrapping my head around this.

I think the Cavs are contenders, but they're really feasting off an really easy schedual the past few weeks. To their credit, they are blowing teams out that they should.

Exactly. ESPN has done a great job of blowing the Cavaliers without mentioning the shit-tastic schedule they've had during the streak. Hawks, Knicks twice, Thunder, Warriors, Bucks, Pacers, Bobcats, Raptors, and the Sixers twice? Is Hollinger really using the term "dominance" when it comes to beating these teams?

Looking over the Hollinger rankings, the Cavs strength of schedule is .484, compared to the Celtics at .479 and the Lakers at .483. It has been one of the easier schedules in the league though. Remember, though, to factor in that the Cavs are also beating the total shit out of those bottom feeders you described. It's not like they are pulling out OT thrillers. Most of those contests have been done by the third quarter. It'll be interesting to see what happens when they get some of the real teams later on.

The Pacers come back from 21 down to take a one-point lead with under four minutes, then give up 19 points in a row to end the game. This fucking team.

The Thunder throw another one away tonight, literally. While going for the tieing bucket the Thunder threw the ball out of bounds while trying to get it inside. I've really never seen a team that's this inept. I've seen this team talked about in comparison with the 76ers team that only won 9 games? 9 games would be a freaking success for a team this bad!

Guest Czecherbear

If Clay Bennett had waited a year to move the Supersonics, nobody would've minded.