TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Impact Spoilers for December 11th

Via PWI:

*LAX's Hernandez won a TNA title shot.

*LAX's Homicide won a TNA X-Division title shot.

*Curry Man was "fired" from TNA. Given the way Christopher Daniels' name has been mentioned on TV of late, this would seem to open the door for The Fallen Angel's return as a member of the Frontline.

We'll have complete spoilers later this evening.

Hey, I was 4 for 4!

This years was a little easier to predict than last year's.

This is fine with me. I mentioned a while back that there's nothing wrong with LAX going into singles action for a while, since guys can only be tag champs so many times. They can still be friends and be aligned.

I hope the brief cases are used similarly to how they were last year. I believe Petey Williams used his similar to a WWE performer cashing in Money in the Bank. I'd mark out something fierce is after a tough title defense, Sting is celebrating, and here comes Hernandez, brieface in hand and referee in tow. Sting puts up a decent effort, but finally eats a Border Toss (Sting has no business taking a move like that, but seems like the kind of person who would, to make Hernandez a star), and Hernandez gets the gold.

Lance Storm has a story on his website about Sting taking a double-beel from Jindrak and O'Haire, over the top rope to the floor on a Nitro. He asked Sting why he would risk injury and take such a rough bump like that, and Sting told him "I just want to do whatever it takes to make these kids, stars".

Here are the full spoilers from the show...

The Main Event Mafia come to the ring and Angle starts cutting a promo saying he told everyone how it would go down. AJ comes out to interrupt and Angle tells him to come to the ring and say it to Sting's face. AJ says for the rest of the Mafia to step out of the ring and they do. AJ and Sting argue and fight but the Mafia come back into the ring and attack AJ. The Frontline come out to make the save and Angle tells them that tonight he promises to eliminate one of the members of the Frontline.

- X Title Tournament- Eric Young defeated Sheik Abdul Bashir, so we are guaranteed a new X-Division champ.

- X Title Tournament- Alex Shelley defeated Jay Lethal with some help from Sabin. Afterwards they cut a promo in the ring telling Foley to come out since he managed to do what the Knockouts can't, screw them. Suicide came out again and cleared them out the ring.

- Cowboy James Storm defeated Abyss in a Beer Bottle on a Pole Match. Roode and Morgan both came out during the match. Afterwards Storm broke a bottle in the back of Morgan's head.

- Brother Ray came out for a promo and asked Kurt Angle to come out. He cuts a promo about the Main Event Mafia and Frontline feud and challenges Angle tonight, one on one, with no interference on either side and if he wins, the Mafia disappears, but if he loses, the Frontline disbands. Angle shakes his hand and its on for later.

- Backstage Ray is telling the Frontline he needs them all to leave so he can take care of Angle tonight and he believes Angle will do the same. Joe doesn't trust the Mafia to leave and gets mad but reluctantly agrees. Devon is the last to leave after Ray told him he had to do this himself.

- Kurt Angle tells the Mafia to leave as well and that he would take care of Ray quickly and meet up with them.

- They set up the briefcases like Deal or No Deal in the ring and Hernandez was the first to open his and won the World Title Shot. JB asks Curry Man and Homicide if they want they can swap briefcases, but they don't. Curry Man is picked to open his and when he does, he is fired but he really didn't understand what it meant and said he was going to sign a contract now with TNA as security takes him to the back. Homicide and Hernandez celebrate.

- Christy Hemme defeated Soujouner Bolt. After the match Hemme, offered Bolt a handshake but Bolt slapped her and they brawled until they were separated.

- Kurt Angle and Brother Ray went to a double count out. The match was pretty good. Ray bladed and took a bump through the wall (a la Kong and Abyss). They brawled outside the ring and didn't get back in time so they were counted out. They fought backstage as cameras followed them and there was no audio but Ray had Angle cornered and the Mafia came from behind and put a beat down on Ray. They hit him with chairs, trashcans, etc. It ends with The Mafia throwing Ray in a dumpster as EMT's come to tend Ray. Sting watched the beat down but walked away before they put Ray in the dumpster.

Not a bad show. The only thing I don't like is the mentality of a match outcome that determines what group disbands, barely a month into the feud. Other than that, I'll definitely record.

How will they explain Chris Daniels return?

'Yes, he lost a match a year ago that meant he had to be fired, but we've not signed him to a new contact'?

Is there any reason that's logically flawed? The match last year stipulated he be fired. He was. It didn't stipulate he be banned from TNA or retire. If anything TNA could theoretically establish that the firing comes with a 1 year ban from TNA and Daniels is now free to return. But if they don't do anything like that there was nothing within the idea of Feast or Fired (that I remember) that suggested Daniels couldn't get hired back eventually. And a year's absence is a lot longer than most "firings" in wrestling.

Hernandez isn't ready to be World Champ, though.

Agreed. I want Cide to take the X title and I'd be comfortable with Lethal & Creed (I assume) taking the tag belts. But I don't expect or necessarily want Hernandez to win the world title. Especially the Edge way. A face winning the belt in that regard is pretty tricky and you end up having to deal with him having screwed the champ and stolen the belt without truly earning it on a level playing field. Its fine for a heel and Punk doing it to Edge had a certain karmic justice to it, but it seems like a heel move.

But besides that it seems way early to push Hernandez as the champ before he's had more than a handful of singles matches. Let him have a good showing against Sting and either get screwed or get a show of respect from Sting. The match can serve to get him into the singles world (especially if Cide wins the X title leaving him without a full time partner) and could get him mixed up with the Mafia and Frontline. Booker and the Legend title seem like a better belt for Hernandez to win at this stage.

No one is saying that they should put the belt on Hernandez but this is a good first step in a singles push for this guy who gets just awesome reactions from the crowd. I think he could be a huge star and a huge draw in the Latino market. The key is building him up slowly. He should have a strong showing against Sting, have him dominate big parts of a match but have the crafty veteran pull out the win at the end.

Then they should build him up over the next couple months, scoring wins over guys like Steiner and maybe Nash. By July he could be ready to be a top player. I think that both Hernanez and Homocide should change their look up a bit. They look kind of low rent, wrestling in t-shirts and shorts. Perception is reality and they should get some real wrestling gear.

I read on gerweck that Sting teased throwing down the belt in disgust when the mafia was doing the beatdown, guess we'll have to wait and see how accurate that was.

An earlier post mentioned the Lance Storm story on Sting, about how he's willing to do things to put over the younger guys like that crazy O'Haire and Jindrak beel. That was an excellent article that I wish would have spread around the net a bit more. I'm glad to see Hernandez and Homicide finally getting some more singles time. Both are pretty damn good in singles action.

I'd like to see Hernandez acknowledge that's he not quite ready for a title shot just yet. LAX can amicably split up while Hernandez forces himself to move up the ladder. Dispatching the Bashirs and the Kute Kips before moving onto singles matches w/ guys like Storm/Roode before feuding w/ the MEM. From there, Hernandez is established as a serious singles threat as he dicks around w/ MEM for a couple months before finally accepting his title shot.

Maybe have him actively turn down chances to capitalize on a wounded Sting since he wants Sting (or whomever is champ) and himself to both be at their respective peaks before cashing in.

Not a bad show. The only thing I don't like is the mentality of a match outcome that determines what group disbands, barely a month into the feud. Other than that, I'll definitely record.

Well it makes sense that Ray and Angle would agree to it.

I guess Shelley will win the X Title and drop it to Homicide the next day or something.

I'm pretty sure Eric Young will win the tournament. They didn't just tease giving him the belt twice for nothing. Plus I read that he and Jarrett were BUTT buddies.

I guess Shelley will win the X Title and drop it to Homicide the next day or something.

It's not "smart" booking, I guess you could say. If you make a match so soon for disbanding either group, nobody is gonna buy it.

It's not "smart" booking, I guess you could say. If you make a match so soon for disbanding either group, nobody is gonna buy it.

Well considering the match went to a double countout, it's an easy cop out for that stip in the long run, at least. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a potential blowoff to the faction wars stuff until the Lethal Lockdown match in April, if not even later on through the next year, maybe Slammiversary.

That was quite the oddly bizzare and yet entertaining show, although some of it seemed like a parody of movies or game shows. Just wacky shit. Borash playing game show host and even saying "this has been Feast or Fired" was so cheesy, as was the verbal exchange between Buh Buh and Angle at the end of the show. And we even got a tour of the Impact set and backstage, even. Then the clip of Curry Man being carried out of the arena done so bad B-movie like, followed by a goofy musical note for Curry Man's sendoff. I will say this much, at least TNA actually makes me laugh, although sometimes that isn't even the intention. The wrestling was pretty weird all around, though. And it was just a matter of time before we got a pole match again.....err wait there was just one on Sunday...oops! But the show as a whole had alot of Russo "crash TV" style here more prevelant than I've seen Impact have in a long time (which was hit and miss and most certainly stuff that you don't remember long term) but more importantly, the Frontline-MEM angle was well developed from start to finish here on the show. That Angle/Buh Buh stuff was way better than I would have expected.

The firing of Curry Man made me buy one of his shirts from TNAwrestling.com. They're only 9.99 and they're awesome! One thing I don't get is why don't they just let Daniels wrestle both as the Fallen Angel and as Curry Man. Just keep both personnas as far away as possible.

Is it me or does TNA seem to backstage segment/promo heavy. Whenever I watch Impact it always seem there's just promos or segments galore. It's not a bad thing because the matches are still quite good for matches on tv, but it just seems there are a lot of segments over and over again.

Is it me or does TNA seem to backstage segment/promo heavy. Whenever I watch Impact it always seem there's just promos or segments galore. It's not a bad thing because the matches are still quite good for matches on tv, but it just seems there are a lot of segments over and over again.

Not to mention TNA seems to hire a new blonde interviewer chick every year just to have heels call her stupid.

Also, does every black Knockout have to be a heel?

Haha, yeah the Curry Man firing and video package is one of the funniest things TNA has ever produced. Obviously this will lead to the return of the Fallen Angel, though I have to admit I almost prefer Daniels as Curry.

Just wondering but who is Suicide? Is it Kaz?

As far as the other cases go, it's easy enough to rubber stamp Homicide in as X champ since he'll likely beat whoever wins the X tourney. Hernandez is a more intriguing scenario though. There's potential for him to be a title threat, but are people quite ready to buy into that yet?

Both members of LAX have a chance to change the way these MITB briefcases are used. They don't seem the sort who would want to be punks and cash in on someone after a match, or when someone was beaten up by someone else, etc.

Is it me or does TNA seem to backstage segment/promo heavy.

You're only now noticing the heavy reliance on skits and talking? There was apparently a mere 17 minutes and 55 seconds of wrestling on this edition of Impact as well as a gap of 37 minutes between matches at one point.

And did they explain where the rest of the babyfaces were while their friend was getting the shit kicked out of him?

It wasn't even as if the MEM were deceitful. They did leave the building. They were outside in the loading dock or wherever. I'm guessing the Frontline were busy doing shots at the corner bar.

I was thinking the same thing. Angle and Brother Ray's deal was that both sides leave the building. They never said anything about leaving the property, so in that respect, The MEM kept their word. On a unrelated note, did they ever say how long The 3 Feast Or Fired winners have to cash in their title shots? Am I to assume it's just like The WWE's Money In The Bank? I.E.-Up to one year from the date the title match was won. Anybody know?

It wasn't even as if the MEM were deceitful. They did leave the building. They were outside in the loading dock or wherever. I'm guessing the Frontline were busy doing shots at the corner bar.

I was thinking the same thing. Angle and Brother Ray's deal was that both sides leave the building. They never said anything about leaving the property, so in that respect, The MEM kept their word. On a unrelated note, did they ever say how long The 3 Feast Or Fired winners have to cash in their title shots? Am I to assume it's just like The WWE's Money In The Bank? I.E.-Up to one year from the date the title match was won. Anybody know?

I dont even think they put a timeline on it really.

And someone asked this too, yeah Kaz is playing Suicide. It's a clear giveaway when he does the flying front kick that throws the opponent into the corner spot.

As far as promo/backstage segments heavy, it most certainly is, more than ever it appears, but TNA has turned the corner into making at least most of these segments and promos worthwhile and meaningful in the long run. I couldn't say that, say, 6 months ago, for the most part. More particularly, the Frontline-MEM storyline seems to be paced well and it given really specific attention to details. Really enjoying how they are teasing the Sting turn, and in relation, teasing the MEM possibly turning on him first.